How many believe?

I was surprised the numbers weren’t higher. I figured everyone was on the UFO bandwagon.

So, who paid for this poll and why?

So, who paid for this poll and why?
Good questions. Gallup undertakes polls routinely to look for trends in society. While I'm sure they have clients who pay them to take surveys as requested, I think they also take surveys regularly on specific, common topics that they fund themselves. I know UFOs have been a Gallup societal poll topic going back nearly 50 years, I remember citing this Gallup poll on a report I did for an independent study course my senior year in high school.

I'm going to send Gallup an email and ask the "paid by who and why" question to see what they say.

Reactions: ozentity and Lynne
Response from Gallup.....

Hello Duke,

Thank you for contacting Gallup Client Support. The findings of the article below are based on a Gallup poll conducted in July 2021. It was funded by Gallup.

Thank you,
Emily
Gallup Client Support

Response from Gallup.....

Hello Duke,

Thank you for contacting Gallup Client Support. The findings of the article below are based on a Gallup poll conducted in July 2021. It was funded by Gallup.

Thank you,
Emily
Gallup Client Support
Thanks for the follow up, Duke!

People believe what they want to believe these days, even when their belief is demonstrably false. On any subject. They believe whatever their preferred authority figure tells them. The Age of Reason and critical thinking has passed.