How long...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
If you could live as long as you wanted, without giving something up, would you do it ?

And how long do you feel that would be?
e19aac17d3dbb4c9db4196cb97e6ee97df4eab1b18c9fe62959270d6f136ef90_1.jpg

Unfortunately the things I would want to have un-checked would make me very fat. No fun in a long life if you look like a cow. If there wasn’t any weight gain I’d eat endless chocolates and wash it down with wine and sweet drinks.

Unfortunately the things I would want to have un-checked would make me very fat. No fun in a long life if you look like a cow. If there wasn’t any weight gain I’d eat endless chocolates and wash it down with wine and sweet drinks.
I'm with Lynne, except my indulgences would be chocolate, other sweets and all the caffeine I wanted, with no weight gain or other penalties. I'd probably choose to live to 100; I have a distant cousin who just passed, at age 106.

Did some thinking on this and I wonder if we emotionally could handle a life of say 200? I've noticed that I'm having difficulty handling all the changes to the world. I realize this may be due to the severe changes caused by Covid, but if you look at what has changed just in the last short time period, can the human mind adjust to such things and be content with the huge changes that would happen over a double life span?

Had a patient say to me once, "It's your world now. Mine is gone." There is some truth in that.