How long...

Did some thinking on this and I wonder if we emotionally could handle a life of say 200? I've noticed that I'm having difficulty handling all the changes to the world. I realize this may be due to the severe changes caused by Covid, but if you look at what has changed just in the last short time period, can the human mind adjust to such things and be content with the huge changes that would happen over a double life span?

Had a patient say to me once, "It's your world now. Mine is gone." There is some truth in that.
It would be fun to live long if it was in the youngish body. Living till 200 in a shrivled pain ridden body would not. I’m hoping life in spirit is very fun since it will be for a very long eternity. ;bg2

I'll be happy with what I get in a normal lifespan. I couldn't deal with the pain of seeing all my kids, grandkids die before me. Anyway I can't wait for the day to see my passed loved ones again but I will wait until I'm called.

There is that, Debi! When we were growing up, we didn't see people always hunched over a phone, slowing traffic, being rude to others, living their lives in cyber land. And this generation of young people growing up are so very different. They have never known an existence without computers.

I'm with you Ozintity. I do not want to outlive my kids and grandkids. Maybe if I could stay young forever it would be different but I am already reaching the point where life isn't as fun as it once was. I hurt a lot and just can't do all of the things that I used to do and enjoy so much. I also miss lots of my family that is now long passed.

Oz, Tex, well said.
I had a lot of relatives pass away when I was a teenager and younger. Another wave happened in my 20's. Between two gyms that I used to go to - 13 died young. Later, my brother lost a lot of his friends that were also my friends.
Along the way I became an excellent pallbearer. My brother and I each bought white leather gloves - so we could get a good grip on the casket handles . ( lots of times we were the only two carrying all the weight.)
Know what to order from several hospital cafeterias. Learned how to explain Catholic funeral protocol to my non-catholic friends in an easy way. ( Sit, stand, kneel,.. and at Communion you can go up with everybody else , but cross your arms like Wonder Woman and the priest will give you a blessing.)
So no I don't think I want the responsibility of determining when I die. Besides it would be presumptuous to God. Biggie sin. But if things work out the way I hope they will - it will be a fantastic homecoming. Despite all my familiarity with death I still hold fear. And hope.