How far?

I’m one town away maybe 10 miles. I have not moved since leaving home. I also do not move my furniture around much lol. I like things the same mostly.
I have revisited Plattsburgh, NY; my dad was stationed there in the mid 70's. I was there two year ago and it felt so magical. I was so happy to be there. It was bittersweet...the base housing is gone but the city is thriving. I even visited my old fishing spots...and they looked the same!

I do find when I make the effort to decorate I really like it. I think it has really been the allocation of time and now I have become used to being like that. I need to push myself and our discussion has brought this to my attention. Wands you have inspired me several times now. Thank you. I have grown much from our thoughtful discussions. I am totally serious in saying that. Thank you.

You know it’s total mutual Lynne.

Reactions: Lynne
357 miles and moved 6 times. Hated moving, but only used a company once. Did the rest of the times DIY.

71 miles from where I was born, but moved quite a bit so I have lost count. I have also lived in Connecticut, Ohio, New Jersey and California. I am a restless person, and hubby is the same; he is now living 2,835 miles from where he was born.

I live 43 main highway miles or 53 country road miles from the corner of the family farm where I was raised / the rubble of the house was piled in the old pool & still farmable land planted in orchard & sold corporate when my dad died, so its a country mile marker at the corner of muted sage green trees & beautiful greyed grit sandy soil in irrigation thanks to snow melt this time of year. I live 212 miles south of where I was born. I moved 475 miles away almost yearly back & forth or closer to summer work for that first decade out of high school. Ive moved twice in the last 27 years.

Last edited: