How do you like yours?

Steak accoutrements are also important. A-1 is pretty darn good. Sauteed mushrooms and Pearl onions is a winner too. Creamed spinach. Prime rib with horseradish.
Thinly sliced prime rib makes a great cheeseburger topping.:) ( A wave of guilt came over me as I typed that :(.)
I also had a fried egg sandwich, with a Steak'm on top. ( A wave of embarrassment came over me as I typed that.:(.)*
* A Steak'm is a thin processed beef product made by robots in a factory.
I'll definitely go with the sauteed mushrooms and prime rib with horseradish! As far as steak sauces, I am sort of anti-sauce. I figure if a steak is done correctly - marinated or rubbed - it doesn't even need sauce. I have to admit, I've never had a cheeseburger with prime rib as a topping! Yummers! Now I DO like a good farm burger that has the beef patty(ies), egg, bacon, ham, and cheese. You don't need to eat again for at least 24 hours after that!

Well she doesn't even need a poncy name and clever preparation and is clearly more hardcore than I! I'm not sure that can be topped in the rareness steaks. Does anyone have a story about eating a live cow?

Edit: Didn't Ozzy Osbourne bite the head off a cow once on stage?
It was a bat

Tiny piece of context - or possible excuse - my friend was from deep and strong Swedish descent and raise almost her entire childhood in American Samoa. She was not your average white American woman.

In fact, her younger sister was at a minimum very socially awkward but not shy at all. That combination made for some very interest family gatherings.

I figure if a steak is done correctly - marinated or rubbed - it doesn't even need sauce.
I agree. I always assume that the chef was correct in the preparation and rarely add anything. And, I always, always taste first, before considering adding anything - advice from Henry Ford (paraphrase: a good engineer always tests before making adjustments or changes)

I agree. I always assume that the chef was correct in the preparation and rarely add anything. And, I always, always taste first, before considering adding anything - advice from Henry Ford (paraphrase: a good engineer always tests before making adjustments or changes)
Yep! I know people that as soon as the food comes, they automatically salt it without even tasting! I made my famous spicy chicken tri-linguine one time, and a guest put pepper on it before I could stop them. They tried to eat it, but I made them start over with a fresh plate because it is hot enough to begin with.

Reactions: Lynne and Charleh