How do you like yours?

Steak tartare was the best I ever had and that's literally raw smashed to bits with seasoning! It was a leap of faith.

I had a female friend Ben who would eat uncooked red meat right out of the grocery store packaging with just a little salt and pepper. Eeeeek.

Reactions: Paintman
I had a female friend Ben who would eat uncooked red meat right out of the grocery store packaging with just a little salt and pepper. Eeeeek.
Well she doesn't even need a poncy name and clever preparation and is clearly more hardcore than I! I'm not sure that can be topped in the rareness steaks. Does anyone have a story about eating a live cow?

Edit: Didn't Ozzy Osbourne bite the head off a cow once on stage?

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Didn't Ozzy Osbourne bite the head off a cow once on stage?
Chicken is my recollection.

I like most cuts of beef. Favorite is prime rib, next filet, next sirloin or any of the other cuts, including hamburger. Cook medium well please.

This is NOT a good thread to read on an empty stomach. My mouth is watering. :)

Reactions: Lynne and Seahunter
I like the New York best, prepared medium to medium-well. I honestly can't remember the best steak I've ever had, but I think it was in Nevada. A buddy and I were comped an entire stay one time at Harrah's. Everything we wanted was paid for! One of my meals was a good old surf-and-turf, with a steak and lobster. I think that may be the best one ever.

Steak accoutrements are also important. A-1 is pretty darn good. Sauteed mushrooms and Pearl onions is a winner too. Creamed spinach. Prime rib with horseradish.
Thinly sliced prime rib makes a great cheeseburger topping.:) ( A wave of guilt came over me as I typed that :(.)
I also had a fried egg sandwich, with a Steak'm on top. ( A wave of embarrassment came over me as I typed that.:(.)*
* A Steak'm is a thin processed beef product made by robots in a factory.

Homemade chimichurri . Another BonAppetit recipe. Despite what you may think, it's not a foo -foo magazine. Viva Velveeta !

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi