How do you handle...

I usually just smile and apologise now when people get angry and verbally abuse me and depending on the situation either forget about it or come back later when they have,like at night.I never get angry myself,cant see the point.

Reactions: ghostkind
No I don’t cry if I get angry. However I have been told by people that I have an angry expression on my face but I know even that has been misread on several occasions.

Reactions: 7Critter
Another thing - when I was a kid, my brothers would tease me mercilessly, until I would cry. But they soon learned not to be in the vicinity when I stopped crying because then I would get revenge. Muh ha ha ha ha ha... :cool:

Another thing - when I was a kid, my brothers would tease me mercilessly, until I would cry. But they soon learned not to be in the vicinity when I stopped crying because then I would get revenge. Muh ha ha ha ha ha... :cool:
hehe....I like your style, Garnet..;)

Reactions: Lynne
Like many women I turn it inward into depression, let it overwhelm me and finally about two weeks later I remember that the whole thing started with being angry at someone/something else. As a little girl I was never allowed to show any anger at all. The consequences were severe. So since that energy had to go somewhere, it went inside. Like I said, I think this is common with a lot of women because nobody encourages little girls to openly express anger.

Weird reaction too from the "severe" consequences. When I get angry I almost immediately become afraid, almost panicky, then it settles into depression. I suppose it's from impotence, feeling like nobody will hear my voice/I'm not allowed to set boundaries. Wow, OK. Too much therapy stuff. But I mean, the thread did tiptoe into psychology territory though. See, now I'm apologizing. Aggh! It never ends..

Like many women I turn it inward into depression, let it overwhelm me and finally about two weeks later I remember that the whole thing started with being angry at someone/something else. As a little girl I was never allowed to show any anger at all. The consequences were severe. So since that energy had to go somewhere, it went inside. Like I said, I think this is common with a lot of women because nobody encourages little girls to openly express anger.

Weird reaction too from the "severe" consequences. When I get angry I almost immediately become afraid, almost panicky, then it settles into depression. I suppose it's from impotence, feeling like nobody will hear my voice/I'm not allowed to set boundaries. Wow, OK. Too much therapy stuff. But I mean, the thread did tiptoe into psychology territory though. See, now I'm apologizing. Aggh! It never ends..
Mrs C I’m glad you were able to share that. Others can learn from you. We can’t help how we were raised but learning to let go as adults is something that is good for all to learn. Bottling stuff up is not healthy and hurts the heart.