How did you...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
131909707_1082761738803823_1259822244506529869_o.jpg

I'm afraid I'm with Paulm, like a kid in a candy store. Meeting my kids mum does stand out as my all time favourite though, :eek:

Reactions: Paulm and Debi
I would have to say that it would be any one of several motorcycle stupidities...usually trying to show off for a girl!

I’ve got several too.

Let’s start with 16 year old me coming down a twisty, curvy waterslide. Got too much momentum coming around the last turn and ended up coming out the final few feet of straight tube on my side. Full speed into the pool with all my weight on my right fist. The nonslip surface on the pool floor sanded all of the skin off of all four fingers’ knuckles to.the.bone! I lifted my hand up outta the pool and blood is just pouring down from my hand like a softly gurgling fountain.

I still have scars on my knuckles from that slip up.

Oh boy do I have one in it sounds like Wile E Coyote meets Les Nessman.
The Set Up - I dislocated my shoulder around two Halloweens ago. Putting. Actually I pre-stressed that shoulder cleaning up some downed trees and limbs after a tornado came through the neighborhood. After 4 days of buggy whipping long branches into piles, I went to play golf. On the first hole I hit a driver and then 7-iron onto the fringe of a very big green. Should 2 putt for par !
50' er, uphill, and I should have chipped up. I didn't have a wedge with me so I decided to put a lot of mustard on the ball with the putter.
Pop. Crack. Goes the left shoulder. Fell to my knees in excruciating pain. Crying. And it was probably a # 8 on the Pain Scale. Reason being, I could not talk and my brother said I sounded like Frankenstein.
Days later:
Now this gets doubly stupid. I'm not yet used to having my arm in a sling. But I'm inside trying to clean in the house the best I can. I see Little Jo the kitten dart towards my next footstep. So I pick up my leg and I'm off balance, go to brace myself against the wall with my left arm which doesn't work because it's in a sling.
This is when it turns into a cartoon. Fall hard against the hutch with the bad shoulder and spin and fall to the floor. The top of the hutch slides off of the credenza part and smashes me slowly on the upper back. My eyeglasses went flying and a vase fell to the floor and cracked. A knick knack made of brass hit me on the head.
Now anybody who wears glasses knows that when you lose them you step very carefully so you don't step on them.

That's when I sliced my foot on the broken vase.
Multiple injuries. Sling, limp, sore head and bruised back.

The upshot to to the whole story is Debi and Lynne sent me a Les Nessman t-shirt.

One of my rabbits escaped from it cage and I was trying to catch it. Picture me running around the yard with a butterfly net lol. I stepped In a rut and went flying flat out breaking my ribs on one side. They were just cracked but boy did they hurt. Took a long time to heal.

Oh boy do I have one in it sounds like Wile E Coyote meets Les Nessman.
The Set Up - I dislocated my shoulder around two Halloweens ago. Putting. Actually I pre-stressed that shoulder cleaning up some downed trees and limbs after a tornado came through the neighborhood. After 4 days of buggy whipping long branches into piles, I went to play golf. On the first hole I hit a driver and then 7-iron onto the fringe of a very big green. Should 2 putt for par !
50' er, uphill, and I should have chipped up. I didn't have a wedge with me so I decided to put a lot of mustard on the ball with the putter.
Pop. Crack. Goes the left shoulder. Fell to my knees in excruciating pain. Crying. And it was probably a # 8 on the Pain Scale. Reason being, I could not talk and my brother said I sounded like Frankenstein.
Days later:
Now this gets doubly stupid. I'm not yet used to having my arm in a sling. But I'm inside trying to clean in the house the best I can. I see Little Jo the kitten dart towards my next footstep. So I pick up my leg and I'm off balance, go to brace myself against the wall with my left arm which doesn't work because it's in a sling.
This is when it turns into a cartoon. Fall hard against the hutch with the bad shoulder and spin and fall to the floor. The top of the hutch slides off of the credenza part and smashes me slowly on the upper back. My eyeglasses went flying and a vase fell to the floor and cracked. A knick knack made of brass hit me on the head.
Now anybody who wears glasses knows that when you lose them you step very carefully so you don't step on them.

That's when I sliced my foot on the broken vase.
Multiple injuries. Sling, limp, sore head and bruised back.

The upshot to to the whole story is Debi and Lynne sent me a Les Nessman t-shirt.
Blue Ribbon story !! You poor thing. I remember this.

Reactions: Paintman
One of my rabbits escaped from it cage and I was trying to catch it. Picture me running around the yard with a butterfly net lol. I stepped In a rut and went flying flat out breaking my ribs on one side. They were just cracked but boy did they hurt. Took a long time to heal.
This leaves quite a picture in my mind, Lynne! lol

I have to admit, reading all these "activities" makes me want to stock up on PNF bandaids! lol You all are a dangerous lot!

Reactions: Paulm and Lynne