How coffee and beer created Civilization

Paintman

Go Go White Sox
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
How Alcohol and Caffeine Built Civilization
If alcohol inspired agriculture, caffeine jumpstarted progress. While the Chinese drank caffeinated tea as far back as 3,000 B.C., the discovery of coffee is dated to 15th century Yemen. Trade with the Arab world transformed European culture — the caffeine in coffee, a stimulant, replaced alcohol, a prevalent depressant.
Fun, longish.Gotta add tobacco. It calmed solders nerves.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
If alcohol inspired agriculture, caffeine jumpstarted progress. While the Chinese drank caffeinated tea as far back as 3,000 B.C., the discovery of coffee is dated to 15th century Yemen. Trade with the Arab world transformed European culture — the caffeine in coffee, a stimulant, replaced alcohol, a prevalent depressant.
Fun, longish.
I'll get me a cup of coffee and get right on this one! :)

Reactions: Paintman
Fun, longish.Gotta add tobacco. It calmed solders nerves.
There was a TV show that linked one thing to another . It was quite a number of years ago. I loved the way the male host narrated. I can see his face. It'll come to me.

Reactions: Debi
There was a TV show that linked one thing to another . It was quite a number of years ago. I loved the way the male host narrated. I can see his face. It'll come to me.
Capture+_2017-03-16-20-24-35.png

1978. Wow, that was a good while ago.

Caffeine runs the world lol