House rules!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE STRANGEST HOUSE RULES OF OTHERS (OR YOUR OWN HOME) YOU'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED?

AS WITH SHELDON ON THE BIG BANG THEORY, SOMETIMES THERE IS A "SPACE" NOT TO SIT. GROWING UP, MY MOM HAD SHOES OFF AT THE DOOR BECAUSE OF THE WHITE CARPET. (WHY SHE DECIDED TO HAVE WHITE CARPET WITH 4 KIDS WE DON'T KNOW!) MY HUSBAND IS CONSTANTLY KNOCKING HATS OFF THE BOYS WITH HIS NO HATS IN THE HOUSE RULE.

WHAT YA GOT?

Reactions: garnetsilver
My Mom's rule was no dirty dishes in the sink overnight. If you dirtied a dish/bowl/glass etc. after she'd done the dinner dishes, you had to wash it, dry it, and put it away before going to bed. My Dad had a hard and fast rule, no eating or drinking in the car.

Our only house rule is NO SMOKING.

Years ago, when my girls were young, one of the strangest rules a neighbor had is, the kids, one boy and one girl must be wearing shoes once awake and their feet hit the floor. The only exception was while swimming. Naturally the kids liked coming over to play at our house, because we never wore shoes. First things that the kids did was to kick off their shoes. :)

My mom rules: Turn light off when leaving a room(not strange), no shoes on the bed or table ( bad luck)
Dad rule: No eating loudly or with your mouth open.

No hard and fast house rules. My parents were very flexible. I tend to be the same. Husband could care less because I deal with house stuff, including kid stuff lol. I had one rule I tried to instill in my daughter. Animals are cared for first. Before you eat the animals are fed and watered. This is a necessity when you have farm animals. Chores are always waiting. Respect for life and selflessness is something the children today need to learn.

Reactions: 7Critter and Benway