Hotter than He!! news updates

It's miserable in eastern Washington oh my goodness.
Yes! Eastern Washington and Eastern Oregon are already hotter than the western side of each state, so it should be really hot right now. The Cascade Range divides the east and west of both states, with a drier desert climate on the eastern sides, and a rainy climate on the western sides which is influenced by the Pacific Ocean.

It’s nice to have one of our well known members back. Good to see you on the threads Sea.
I agree it seems people get shocked by what their not used to. I just hope this is just a freak weather event and not a sign of things to come.
Thanks, Lynne! Yes, I hope the temperatures drop back down to something that is comfortable to be outside in. I personally prefer a cooler climate to a hotter one, which is why I really like the northwest part of the country.

Reactions: Benway
1624907948676.png

• Sad
Reactions: garnetsilver
Parts of the Uk are currently receiving advanced warnings over a forecasted heatwave due to hit us in a couple of weeks. This is due to a 'heat bubble', currently causing issues across Europe, heading over to us.

Nowhere near the temperatures you guys are seeing 'across the pond' (they are predicting between 27C and 37C - 81F to 99F), but for us Brits, that is hot. We struggle when it hits 24C - lol.

Untitled-1.jpg

With a potential tornado hitting Barking, London a couple of days ago (Suspected tornado damages homes in east London), it is a sharp wake-up call that climate change (which according to some, is a load of tosh.......) is happening, and it makes you wonder what plans Mother Nature has for us over the next few years and beyond...........

Parts of the Uk are currently receiving advanced warnings over a forecasted heatwave due to hit us in a couple of weeks. This is due to a 'heat bubble', currently causing issues across Europe, heading over to us.

Nowhere near the temperatures you guys are seeing 'across the pond' (they are predicting between 27C and 37C - 81F to 99F), but for us Brits, that is hot. We struggle when it hits 24C - lol.

View attachment 33209

With a potential tornado hitting Barking, London a couple of days ago (Suspected tornado damages homes in east London), it is a sharp wake-up call that climate change (which according to some, is a load of tosh.......) is happening, and it makes you wonder what plans Mother Nature has for us over the next few years and beyond...........
They are saying the NW is under a heat bubble now. Lots of talk about this now.

You guys across the pond are not set up for heat, from my understanding. Much like our NW, most of the time air conditioning is not needed over there. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but that's been my understanding from past members who live across the pond.

Reactions: Benway and Lynne
They are saying the NW is under a heat bubble now. Lots of talk about this now.

You guys across the pond are not set up for heat, from my understanding. Much like our NW, most of the time air conditioning is not needed over there. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but that's been my understanding from past members who live across the pond.

No, you are right. Generally, it is either wet or cold with a few days of good sunshine throughout the year if we are lucky. Air conditioning in private residences is far and few between - mainly due to the cost of systems over here. Even portable air conditioners can be pricey.

We would rather be sitting on a sofa in nothing but our Y-Fronts, with a tied handkerchief on our heads, sipping tea and moan about how hot it is! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

View attachment 33209

Wow - high temperatures and a tornado! Tornadoes must be pretty rare for you, too!

Reactions: Paintman