Hot Toys

My daughter is Monopoly mad, I'm always trying to get her a new one. I think she has at least 40.

Reactions: Paulm
When I was a kid I was into model kits. Mostly cars and planes but there was another type of kit that was immensely popular:

vman.jpg

I wasn't into organs and such so it wasn't one that I wanted. However, there was a female version that did seem interesting. But, I knew it would freak out my mother so I didn't consider that one.

The one that I lusted after was this:

vv8.jpg

The Visible V8. Wow! Now, THAT was cool!

When I was a kid I was into model kits. Mostly cars and planes but there was another type of kit that was immensely popular:

vman.jpg

I wasn't into organs and such so it wasn't one that I wanted. However, there was a female version that did seem interesting. But, I knew it would freak out my mother so I didn't consider that one.

The one that I lusted after was this:

vv8.jpg

The Visible V8. Wow! Now, THAT was cool!
My brother had the model engine. He loved that one. But then when he was 12 a guy he used to do yard work for asked him to help clean out the garage, which included getting rid of a 1957 car. (this was in 1970) The man's wife had wrecked it and he just put it in the garage and left it. He gave it to my brother. My brother fixed it up, seemed it was fine except for body work and a small bit of engine work from sitting for almost 10 years. He was driving it in a few months. His paper route paid for the parts and my dad thought it was just a good project to keep him busy until he was old enough to drive. :p

My brother had the model engine. He loved that one. But then when he was 12 a guy he used to do yard work for asked him to help clean out the garage, which included getting rid of a 1957 car. (this was in 1970) The man's wife had wrecked it and he just put it in the garage and left it. He gave it to my brother. My brother fixed it up, seemed it was fine except for body work and a small bit of engine work from sitting for almost 10 years. He was driving it in a few months. His paper route paid for the parts and my dad thought it was just a good project to keep him busy until he was old enough to drive. :p
Now, cars are a whole 'nuther level of boy toy!

Star Wars Death Star... do you KNOW how many parts that thing had???? Santa was drunk and wobbling before that was assembled.
Yes! Yes I do! About the same as the battleship that was 9 foot long in my dining room. We call that "some assembly required"....measured by the pile of alcohol bottles it took to do it! lol