Hot spot.

I suppose it is like a daydream....only it nearly always features dead people!
Time of day doesn't matter. Most of my sightings are around the middle of the day as that is when I'm walking about, but as above that one was early mornings and around 4-5pm.
The one consistent difference in all of them is the lighting. It is a type of monochrome grey tint. Like seeing everything in the light of a rainy day.
Sometimes things speed up or slow down and I seem to be able to control that somewhat. This would enable me to see a whole event in just a few seconds.
Sometimes events are combined and it takes some unravelling - more in another post on that.

I don't think it takes my energy doing this but it can have physical affects I have to cope with later, and I try hard to remember all the bits I have seen - the clues to dates are often in details such as clothing styles or vehicles/ decoration.

Sometimes it is just a flash image as you say, other times like a mini film clip, and like this one - a longer link to converse.

I always try to get proof of some sort - just to make sure I am not going mad! - Most of the time I find it but takes time either online or in libraries.
You could just write it off as imagination - if it wasn't for them being true. The only time I don't find any proof -is when there is none to be found. Never been disproved yet.

I'll post more in good time. Just don't want to reel them all off in one go.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Part 3 of this which will conclude this location.
I did walk around this site - mainly when I was asking in the pub about the accident, and also have been in the garage / shop to pay for fuel and buy some items in passing. I walked around that side then crossed over to look on the other side and then back towards the pub.
I saw something else there.
It was a hanging.
It wasn't in the field either - but more where the road and bungalow is from that upper side. The road wasn't there, and the pub was smaller, but at the back was a small crowd of people around a wooden structure. It looked like a jetty - with about 3 steps up (what I could see above the people) and a short flat area about 15 foot long, then a door frame type structure at the end. There were several men on the flat area talking to the crowd, then one man was taken along and the rope put up over the frame. Then he was kicked off the end. He didn't drop far, so was only a few feet off the ground. I also saw a post near the pub with a cage on it - and his body in that also.
From the clothing I am guessing at the 1400's so I started research there.

I found an old map of 1350, that showed two buildings on that spot, but the crossroads went between them. I checked with modern maps and they have changed the way the roads meet there in recent times. Now the road sweeps around, and that section of road is new. - as is the bungalow, but the pub was still there.

I also found out that the pub used to be the building that is now the garage. It also had stables at the back and was a coaching inn. What is now the pub - used to be a tollbooth!
I also found on the map the city limit marker. This tollbooth was a place where the taxes were collected for using the road into town, and according to Scottish law - also a small prison of 2 cells, and a place where the sheriff would declare the law - often to the sound of a drum to get people's attention.- the Pub is still called The Drum!
Judges didn't hold court all the time back then. They toured the country listening to trials in each area called a circuit. It is very likely this man was held until trial there - until a Judge visited to declare sentence. If he was to be hung - it was often done at the city limit, and the body often displayed in a metal cage at this spot to warn others.

So the location is correct, and the building being a prison is correct, and if anyone was hung it is likely to be there. I just can't find out who it was.

1901 OS map.png
This is a map from 1901 of that junction. I can't find the earlier one again, but shows it was two buildings in 1901, and the road is between the buildings. Also the size of the tolbooth compared to the stables & Inn.

View attachment 19127
This is a map from 1901 of that junction. I can't find the earlier one again, but shows it was two buildings in 1901, and the road is between the buildings. Also the size of the tolbooth compared to the stables & Inn.
This is amazing. Do you think you were seeing a vision? Do you think you stepped back in time ? What’s your theory?

My theory? Based on previous experience - I just see the past.

Usually death.....which is depressing. More so when there is more of a link, or kids.

I feel pretty helpless most of the time it happens. Ok - so you are showing me this - now what? What can I do?

Fortunately I've only seen kids.....8 occasions.

My theory? Based on previous experience - I just see the past.

Usually death.....which is depressing. More so when there is more of a link, or kids.

I feel pretty helpless most of the time it happens. Ok - so you are showing me this - now what? What can I do?

Fortunately I've only seen kids.....8 occasions.
Although it has to be awful at times , you do get a glimpse of what life was really like at those long gone times.

Reactions: Wind in Trees
With recent death's that have occured Rowan, would you be able to provide more info for relative's of the deceased?

From what I understand, knowing exactly what had happened to cause the fatality may be of some comfort to some individual's.
Especially if your info provided more sense than those doing their best piecing a scenario together.

On that note, could you effectively help solve cold cases?
Preferably one's before your time so you don't come off looking suss ;)

I've just given you a full time job lol

Reactions: ozentity and Lynne
Yes being the No. 1 suspect in a case is not something I want. The police look on any information as some kind of confession, and with no other suspects in a cold case it would nicely boost their statistics.

I made the mistake of handling a small knife provided by a WPC in a show and tell kind of scenario. I gave an accurate enough account for her to want to know where I was!

If you start giving information to relatives then you could end up making matters worse I would think. Although I did send some photo's of a coffee shop in Aberdeen to relatives now in America telling them this is where there ancestor worked n 1850. - I haven't written about that yet. Give me time.

Yes being the No. 1 suspect in a case is not something I want. The police look on any information as some kind of confession, and with no other suspects in a cold case it would nicely boost their statistics.

I made the mistake of handling a small knife provided by a WPC in a show and tell kind of scenario. I gave an accurate enough account for her to want to know where I was!

If you start giving information to relatives then you could end up making matters worse I would think. Although I did send some photo's of a coffee shop in Aberdeen to relatives now in America telling them this is where there ancestor worked n 1850. - I haven't written about that yet. Give me time.
This is pretty fascinating. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

The police look on any information as some kind of confession, and with no other suspects in a cold case it would nicely boost their statistics
Yeah I don't think I'd be going to the cops,your explaination and abilities wouldn't stand up in court I wouldn't think.Its a shame for victims families that might get some closure on these things.In the future you might be the go to person for some cases.