Horned Helmets Predating Vikings

Scientists always use religion as the reason for everything they find. Maybe it was just a fashion statement. It seems men have liked wearing horns on their heads down through time lol.

It seems men have liked wearing horns on their heads down through time lol.

Coincidentally, I've actually been looking at possibly adding this to my collection.

Horn.jpg

Scientists always use religion as the reason for everything they find. Maybe it was just a fashion statement. It seems men have liked wearing horns on their heads down through time lol.
I haven't tried horns yet...but i'd say they'd get in the way at work lol

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
Once you get past the necessities of protecting your body from the elements clothing becomes mostly a cultural choice. A tuxedo or Suit is in NO way superior to blue jeans and a T-shirt. Their sole purpose is to reflect a place in society or the importance placed on what is happening.

People in different places wear different clothes in part to make it easy to identify who is like you and who is obviously not. Not being a "STRANGER" is very important in all societies. The clothes that you wear tell people a lot about you. Where you come from, what your level is in wealth, your social leanings, etc...

When I used to go out to LA I was obviously not native and you didn't have to look hard to figure out that I was probably from Texas. Cowboy boots, Boot cut jeans, bull rider belt buckle on a wide leather belt... I have three pairs of boots, knock-around, everyday casual, and dress boots. They start out on top and then pass down over the years. 150 dollar cowboy boots last a long time and I get them resoled and healed when they need it. I don't even own dress shoes. Black jeans, a good long sleeve shirt, and GOOD boots are dressed up in rural Texas. Top it with an expensive Stetson cowboy hat and you are good to go anywhere.

Once you get past the necessities of protecting your body from the elements clothing becomes mostly a cultural choice. A tuxedo or Suit is in NO way superior to blue jeans and a T-shirt. Their sole purpose is to reflect a place in society or the importance placed on what is happening.

People in different places wear different clothes in part to make it easy to identify who is like you and who is obviously not. Not being a "STRANGER" is very important in all societies. The clothes that you wear tell people a lot about you. Where you come from, what your level is in wealth, your social leanings, etc...

When I used to go out to LA I was obviously not native and you didn't have to look hard to figure out that I was probably from Texas. Cowboy boots, Boot cut jeans, bull rider belt buckle on a wide leather belt... I have three pairs of boots, knock-around, everyday casual, and dress boots. They start out on top and then pass down over the years. 150 dollar cowboy boots last a long time and I get them resoled and healed when they need it. I don't even own dress shoes. Black jeans, a good long sleeve shirt, and GOOD boots are dressed up in rural Texas. Top it with an expensive Stetson cowboy hat and you are good to go anywhere.
Your dress up is what you will see a lot of at the Santa Fe Opera. You wear your best jeans, a nice shirt and your new boots. And your girlfriend might wear her fancier vest with her jeans and new boots.

I clearly dress too "young" for my age, partly because I'm in complete denial of my pending irrelevance to society. :D

A new coat of paint can make even an old house look better.

Reactions: JahaRa