Hooded Shadow Person

When my mother was dying, I did see a shadow person in the hallway, like they were watching but no hood. It was like a shadow stick person. I read once that when a child is born good and evil spirits fight over the soul of the child, I wonder if good and evil spirits fight over a person's soul when they die? Just a thought.
I've heard that theory before. My thought is our guardian angels are there for a reason, and that they guard us during these transition periods from one side to the other.

When my mother was dying, I did see a shadow person in the hallway, like they were watching but no hood. It was like a shadow stick person. I read once that when a child is born good and evil spirits fight over the soul of the child, I wonder if good and evil spirits fight over a person's soul when they die? Just a thought.
My belief is that everyone's soul is pure, even though their mortal brain cannot be. When we pass over we are pure but residual evil energy from some might remain on earth and gives account for hauntings and other negative stuff. Just my theory.

About 30 years ago I saw one of these little monks in the kitchen of mums house,. I dismissed it despite having many paranormal experiences in the home. Later talking to my brother, he had seen the same thing in the kitchen and in the front yard. They just stood there staring at us then vanished, with the hood you couldn't make out any face, if there was one. I have no idea what they are but my childhood home life was far from a happy one. They were about 3ft with hood and cloak to the ground.
Thanks for sharing your story! It makes me wonder did it show up because I’d been so stressed taking care of my mom.

Hi Joyce. Reports of the "Hooded Monks" type of spirit go back in time and seem to show up in times of stress or grief. I've not heard of them often, but they appear to be somewhat benign and more of a watcher type entity. I've not experienced them nor do I know a whole lot about them, other than that.
The fact that you were able to simply tell it to go and you perceived no harm from it is good news. Hoping someone else may have more info for you.
Thank you.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I can’t add anything to this topic except that it sounds scary. Did anything happen after the sighting ? Just wondering if it was a omen of sorts.
No, I never saw it again at least so clear. Like many, I would catch glimpses of what looks like a possible shadow out the corner of my eye but that’s it.

I've heard that theory before. My thought is our guardian angels are there for a reason, and that they guard us during these transition periods from one side to the other.
That would make sense since I didn’t feel anything negative.

When I was in my 20s I had a bedside sighting of these characters. There were two of them. They were smallish -- about 4 to 5 feet tall. Their hooded robes were white. They weren't menacing at all. In fact, it was an uplifting experience though I wasn't sure why or what their visit was all about.
Interesting! I think the all black always gives off the negative feelings when that happens. Thankfully, this little entity didn’t give off that.

Thanks for sharing your story! It makes me wonder did it show up because I’d been so stressed taking care of my mom.
I think when stressed your senses are on high alert so you seem to pick up a lot more. As you say these entities may be drawn to this also. I wish I had an answer for you, myself and anybody else experiencing this but at least it's nice to have other people to verify it. I also didn't feel anything bad from them, or good, just a bit unnerving seeing them.

A scary thought. It may be too that the grief left behind may attract those who would feed on the negative energy. The shadow person I saw was featureless, it was a thin tallish figure. A shadow is an appropriate term for them.