Honoring the dead

WitchAndShaman

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
That's a beautiful thing, Wands. What a lovely way to remember her!

Debi, feel free to spin this post off to a different thread if you like but I have a question which I think you or others could help with and then others might appreciate too. Your input could be material here Debi.

My deceased friend did not have a chosen faith; however, she accepted me and my pagan views. She is 3,000 miles away and I will miss her celebration of life event; but, I will visit her grave at the end of February. Though I plan to lay flowers when I visit, I would like to leave an added pagan honor as well as an undeniable indication of my reverence.

Can you or others offer any ideas of pagan symbolism which might be an appropriate offering to her?

Thank you all.

Reactions: Paintman
Debi, feel free to spin this post off to a different thread if you like but I have a question which I think you or others could help with and then others might appreciate too. Your input could be material here Debi.

My deceased friend did not have a chosen faith; however, she accepted me and my pagan views. She is 3,000 miles away and I will miss her celebration of life event; but, I will visit her grave at the end of February. Though I plan to lay flowers when I visit, I would like to leave an added pagan honor as well as an undeniable indication of my reverence.

Can you or others offer any ideas of pagan symbolism which might be an appropriate offering to her?

Thank you all.
Wands, anything of nature is a pagan gifting. But let me think a bit on what I think you are looking for. I understand the intent, and yes, I may spin this post to another thread tomorrow when I can see straight to do it. Meanwhile, let me ponder a bit.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Something to consider, Wands. In all honoring of those gone on, we offer them something that represents them. As I was "pondering," I thought about your own words about this woman. She was vibrant. You actually wore the brightest clothes you could for her to represent her life. She sparkled for you. Consider a small vial of glitter as your gift to her to represent that brightness.

Something to consider, Wands. In all honoring of those gone on, we offer them something that represents them. As I was "pondering," I thought about your own words about this woman. She was vibrant. You actually wore the brightest clothes you could for her to represent her life. She sparkled for you. Consider a small vial of glitter as your gift to her to represent that brightness.
Good idea - I’ll meditate on that thought Debi.

Another thought for something more symbolic. She shone brightly, and the Sun or Full Moon represents that. A small charm, necklace, etc. of one of those would also show the reference to the pagan ways while representing her. You could even get two, and wear one yourself in her honor while leaving one at the gravesite.

Another thought for something more symbolic. She shone brightly, and the Sun or Full Moon represents that. A small charm, necklace, etc. of one of those would also show the reference to the pagan ways while representing her. You could even get two, and wear one yourself in her honor while leaving one at the gravesite.
I looooove that idea Debi. In fact, we probably had a Vulcan mind meld as I thought about finding a couple of the unpainted version of the Moroccan coin I wear. You know the one which has been my avatar. Then I could leave one with a simple bouquet at her grave, and give one to her children as a bond between the four of us.

I looooove that idea Debi. In fact, we probably had a Vulcan mind meld as I thought about finding a couple of the unpainted version of the Moroccan coin I wear. You know the one which has been my avatar. Then I could leave one with a simple bouquet at her grave, and give one to her children as a bond between the four of us.
That sounds very connective. A wonderful idea !!

My grandparents passed away close to three years ago and were cremated per their instructions. A few weeks ago my mom, stepfather, uncle and I went into the pasture and spread them by the pond. As I spread my grandmother's ashes, I felt like I was finally keeping the promise I made to her when I promised to take her for a walk in the pasture one last time...