Honoring Betty and the Animals

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

WE LOST BETTY WHITE YESTERDAY. SHE WAS AN AMAZING WOMAN WHO SPENT MUCH OF HER LIFE CRUSADING FOR ANIMALS AND PETS.

IN HONOR OF BETTY, SHARE A FUNNY STORY ABOUT ANY PET OR ANIMAL!
WHAT'S THE FUNNIEST THING YOUR PET(S) HAVE DONE?

Reactions: Paintman
When we were moving to PA from FL, we had to spend the night at a hotel. As usual, Avalon was fussing about being confined to her pet carrier while we prepared to vacate our hotel room. Mr. Garnet was holding the carrier and walking to the moving truck, and she was meowing like mad. Suddenly the top of the carrier separated from the bottom. She found herself abruptly free, standing on the ground while John was still holding the top part of the carrier. The look on her face was priceless!

Thankfully she was too stunned to run away, and we got her safely back inside the carrier.

My husband had just adopted a new boxer puppy from the same litter a coworker had adopted one. When the coworker needed to go out of town for a few days, she asked if I could take her pup to my house and puppy sit. Well, still having to go to work, I put the two pups in the den with LOTS of toys and some puppy pads and a pile of toys. They were able to look out the windows in there and I thought they would just have fun together.

Boy, did they have fun. A couch, two chairs, 4 pillows and a rug's worth. It looked like a fluff factory when I opened the door! And the pile of toys? Untouched and buried under the ton of fluff! Needless to say, Kass and Maisy were in their kennels the next two days. I couldn't afford to lose more furniture!

The day we brought Addy Mae home (a 9 week old pup at the time), it was a hot day in June and I had been lounging shirtless on the couch. Mrs. GW set the pup down next to me and that little dog jumped straight for my left nipple!

Pups have extremely sharp teeth.

My wife still laughs about it. I kept my shirt on the entire remainder of the summer of 2018.

Last edited:
1641155666956.png

In '04 I was giving a paint bid at a residence in Midtown Gary. On Jackson St - just down the street from where the Jackson 5 grew up. Cold Feburary, sleet. Overcast. Dreary.
I meet a very friendly puppy who lives on an unheated closed in porch. I asked the lady what the dog's name is ? "Ugly." The dog lived across the street from the junkyard and took on a tin can for a toy.

This all seems very sad but there is a happy ending. The lady figures out that the dog really likes me and I can take him home. She didn't want it. I say let me go home and get the house ready and I'll come back and pick up the dog.
And in the interim she managed to get hospitalized for three days. Comes home and I finally reach her on the phone. She's ok, and I was going to rescue that dog no matter what.
Well we were on Jackson Street and Reggie Jackson was my favorite player growing up so that's how Reggie got his name. ( in hindsight I could have called him Tito or Jermaine !)
I get Reggie home and have to give him three baths just to get this insulation of grease out of his fur. Kept him warm.
Take Reggie to the veterinarian that afternoon...
Wait for it....
Dr. Smith says, " do you know that Reggie is a girl and might be pregnant?"
Turns out Reggie wasn't pregnant but was menstrating so we had to wear a little puppy pants for a couple weeks.

• Love it
Reactions: garnetsilver
In '04 I was giving a paint bid at a residence in Midtown Gary. On Jackson St - just down the street from where the Jackson 5 grew up. Cold Feburary, sleet. Overcast. Dreary.
I meet a very friendly puppy who lives on an unheated closed in porch. I asked the lady what the dog's name is ? "Ugly." The dog lived across the street from the junkyard and took on a tin can for a toy.

This all seems very sad but there is a happy ending. The lady figures out that the dog really likes me and I can take him home. She didn't want it. I say let me go home and get the house ready and I'll come back and pick up the dog.
And in the interim she managed to get hospitalized for three days. Comes home and I finally reach her on the phone. She's ok, and I was going to rescue that dog no matter what.
Well we were on Jackson Street and Reggie Jackson was my favorite player growing up so that's how Reggie got his name. ( in hindsight I could have called him Tito or Jermaine !)
I get Reggie home and have to give him three baths just to get this insulation of grease out of his fur. Kept him warm.
Take Reggie to the veterinarian that afternoon...
Wait for it....
Dr. Smith says, " do you know that Reggie is a girl and might be pregnant?"
Turns out Reggie wasn't pregnant but was menstrating so we had to wear a little puppy pants for a couple weeks.
You were soo sweet to rescue the poor thing...even if you continue to display real confusion as to the gender of your animals...lol