Homes and energy

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
EVER NOTICE HOW AN EMPTY HOUSE SEEMS TO CRUMBLE QUICKLY? TO ME, IT APPEARS TO START DYING WITHOUT LIFE IN IT. IT'S MY BELIEF EACH HOME NEEDS ENERGY TO SURVIVE AND THRIVE.

WHAT DO YOU DO TO BRING GOOD ENERGY INTO YOUR HOME?

58068370_2184145068347972_3703073399057154048_n (Small).jpg

We once had a house that didn't like us. My first impression was of anxiety and hostile resentment. Foolishly, I allowed the cheap price to sway our decision to buy, and boy did we regret it! I did clearing stuff, blessing stuff, and it was like water off a duck's back. We sold the house after three years of ownership, and I was so glad to leave that place. Mind you, I did everything I could to show the house that cared, but it had been a rental before, and had a lot of negative energy in it that was hard to dispel.

We once had a house that didn't like us. My first impression was of anxiety and hostile resentment. Foolishly, I allowed the cheap price to sway our decision to buy, and boy did we regret it! I did clearing stuff, blessing stuff, and it was like water off a duck's back. We sold the house after three years of ownership, and I was so glad to leave that place. Mind you, I did everything I could to show the house that cared, but it had been a rental before, and had a lot of negative energy in it that was hard to dispel.
I have hit that wall before myself. Some of the older homes out there (especially rentals) have soooo much residual built up one person's efforts are like spitting in the wind. I honestly feel like the wood absorbs all that energy, and battling that much build up can be a life long endeavor for someone. Not so good for family living and a lot more than a simple DIY project.

I have hit that wall before myself. Some of the older homes out there (especially rentals) have soooo much residual built up one person's efforts are like spitting in the wind. I honestly feel like the wood absorbs all that energy, and battling that much build up can be a life long endeavor for someone. Not so good for family living and a lot more than a simple DIY project.
One thing I really hated about that house was the wood paneling! It made it so dark and dreary. It had a faintly unpleasant smell at first, and it turned out that someone prior to us had re-routed the pipe under the kitchen sink so that dirty water was collecting under the house and causing an unpleasant smell. We had to pay for a plumber to fix that issue, but even years later we never could rid that house of the smell entirely.

Reactions: Donna K.
When I bought this barn style farm house 2 years ago it was only a weekender and not finished.It was very cold and had no life in it.It did have something that had taken up residence and did mischevious things for a good while.Now its a permanent home it feels warm and safe and finished.It is a place you have to battle with though including snakes,spiders and weather extremes.Just a normal Aussie home really lol.

This poor old cabin... poor thing -- is held together by love and little else. City people will come here and say - oh - wouldn't you rather live in a newer, nicer, home. One with modern convenience's. And maybe insulation... lol. Is it safe in here? they ask. Is that a mouse! I saw a spider! I don't see how you live comfortably here.

But I see, Love. Beauty. Memories. Laughter and Tear's. I see shelter from the storm and protection from life's deary sameness that is experienced in 'newer, better' places. I see comfort and warmth and corn bread in the oven.

I honestly feel like the wood absorbs all that energy

And I would agree with that point 100%.

After 33 year's, there is not one time in the hundred's of times I have turned onto this old dirt drive and saw this cabin and not felt the same sense of awe and peace as the first time. And said Thank'ee. Me and this old cabin, we might go down -- but not without a fight -- and not without Love.

drive to cabin-edit3.jpg

EVER NOTICE HOW AN EMPTY HOUSE SEEMS TO CRUMBLE QUICKLY? TO ME, IT APPEARS TO START DYING WITHOUT LIFE IN IT. IT'S MY BELIEF EACH HOME NEEDS ENERGY TO SURVIVE AND THRIVE.

WHAT DO YOU DO TO BRING GOOD ENERGY INTO YOUR HOME?

This has never occurred to me. Interesting thing to think about.

One odd thing that I remember that happened shortly after we purchased and moved into that house I mentioned: We were about to sit down to supper, when we were swarmed with these bugs. There were no open windows or doors, and yet within minutes the entire dining room was filled with them. We grabbed some fly swatters and started smashing them but always there were more. I felt that it was a bad omen, or a sign of unhealthy energy in that house. The really weird part was after that one time, in the three years we occupied that house, it never happened again. BTW, we learned that the bugs were called Asian cockroaches.

Reactions: Donna K. and Debi