Ho Ho No

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
How old were you when you realized there was no Santa Claus? How did you find out? Did someone tell you or did you eventually figure it out?

Reactions: garnetsilver
I was quite young at 5 or 6 but my mum was similar to Lynne's with the not believing thing so I kept the show rolling. One Christmas eve I swear I saw Santa putting presents out, walking past my room when about 11. I said to mum the next day it was nice to dress up for the young brother's sake but she swore she didn't and she doesn't lie. It could have been a wishful tulpa? ;th

2nd or 3rd grade. It's too early to do the math to figure out how old I was.
Dad had the GI Joe headquarters in the trunk of his Oldsmobile and I saw it. I cried because Santa was supposed to bring me that.
Dad spilled the beans.
But was sworn to secrecy on account of my little brother. Oz, when my brother was real little he also saw Santa and still swears to it to this day !

My story is similar to Paint's, I was in 3rd grade. I found gifts in a walled tool storage area inside our garage. It was always locked with a padlock, but apparently my Dad forgot to physically engage the lock as it was loosely hanging on the small hinged plate. It was full of wrapped gifts, all with name tags "from Santa." I never said anything to my parents, but that was the end of Santa for me.

I was about seven. I happened to be standing in the living room, admiring the tree when I saw the door to my parent's room open. I looked up and caught a glimpse of my mother and two of my brothers wrapping up some doll dishes. Somebody hastily shut the door again. It was a double disappointment for me; to first find out that there was no Santa, and second, to find that both my older brothers knew and hadn't told me.

Second grade for me as well. Although I was highly suspicious the year before! lol When I found out from a kid at school, I confronted my mom, who then told me I would get nothing if I told my sister (who was two years younger!) Therefore, I "believed" heartily until my sister finally found out!

I never really got the whole Santa thing, It's like a lesson of how to be deceitful in the nicest possible way. At least Krampus seems honest, lol.