Hitchin' a Ride

We never reported this and all we heard was the radio report. We thought he hijacked the couple's car but can't remember hearing of the outcome I think, it was about 42 years ago and my memory is fading a bit. I do remember the scary bit clearly.
That was definitely a close call! Good thing your friend noticed that something was up.

Glad that turned out fine. For a guy you don't expect much issue but if there is, usually can rectify it fairly quick. I can't imagine being a female in that situation. Lot's of pepper spray or a retractable baton to clobber someone with for sure.
I always envied my brothers because they could go anywhere they wanted without being harassed that way. One of my brothers showed me how to "SING" (solar plexus, Instep, nose, groin) It came in very handy, later on!

I always envied my brothers because they could go anywhere they wanted without being harassed that way. One of my brothers showed me how to "SING" (solar plexus, Instep, nose, groin) It came in very handy, later on!
That's awesome. My sister was pretty street smart and she was not someone to mess with lol. Our neighbors were huge football guys and i watched her go after them like it was nothing lol. My sister came out with us one night throwing darts and stuff. We had a lot of fun until some guy came in and said something to my sister. I went after him and my sister was like i had this lol, plus you are my little brother lol.

When I was about fifteen, I ran away from an extremely dysfunctional home. I planned to visit a girl I had met at Girl Scout camp when we were both eleven years old; we had kept in touch by letter. I lived in NJ and she was near the NY state border. I took a Greyhound bus, but got off too soon, so I started hiking along the highway. After awhile my feet were getting blisters, and I decided to hitchhike. A guy in his late thirties to forties pulled over, and with much apprehension, I got in. After the usual questions about why was I hitchhiking, he placed one hand on my leg. Terrified, I slid over towards the passenger door, and started silently praying.

The guys removed his hand, and told me that he had a daughter my age, and scolded me for hitchhiking. Whew! He dropped me off at my destination with no further trouble. I never did hitch another ride, after that.
The guy helped you in two ways, a ride and a life lesson. I wonder if that was his intention.

Th
Taxis were always driven by strangers, Uber is just a fancy name for the same!
That’s true… but I’d like to think cab companies make sure their drivers aren’t sketchy… but maybe they don’t. I wouldn’t know… I live in an area where cabs and the like are pretty much nonexistent, so I’ve always had a car of my own.

Th

That’s true… but I’d like to think cab companies make sure their drivers aren’t sketchy… but maybe they don’t. I wouldn’t know… I live in an area where cabs and the like are pretty much nonexistent, so I’ve always had a car of my own.
That's a good point; with Uber they could be anybody and not exactly answerable to a cab company.

Reactions: Firefly84 and Debi