High Strangeness!

We have all sorts of critters that are real where I was raised and live now. I've had bull gators come out of the water and chase me up onto the top of my truck once. Gators are generally seen moving slow and easy on land but the fact is they are faster than people for a short distance. even though the "experts" tell us that all the big cats are gone from East Texas I have seen three and heard them at night a lot of times. Yes they sound a lot like a woman screaming bloody murder but you know it isn't anything that benign. It is a sound that touches you in some deep primitive part of your soul and makes every hair on you stand straight up. The several million feral hogs we have probably killed more people than the big cats and gators have ever killed.

There are endless miles of swamps and very unvisited woods where a lot of things are reported to live. We have some sort of swamp ape and also a much bigger Bigfoot type of creature. I used to love these places. It is interesting to go someplace and no matter how much to look for it there is no sign that a human has ever been there. No paper, no cans or trash, NOTHING. These are not places that you can drive to or even get to with a three or four-wheeler. You have to walk and wade, maybe even swim, to get there. The animals will be a lot less shy than normal and the squirrels will stand out on a limb and gripe at you. They have never been hunted. I loved these places and never violated them and never left any sign that I had been there. I would visit and a few times spent a few nights out there alone. I never felt alone.

We also have a lot of UFO sightings in the area. I've seen a few of those too. I like the night and would sit for hours skywatching. I think that there are a lot more "things" out there than we realize. They are smart things and they are almost never seen and avoid places that people go. We have coyotes and wolves but you almost never see them but they will sing for you if you are quiet and away from other people and listen.
I enjoyed reading your post. It sounds a lot like what Ive experienced too but here in the mid west ( Ohio ) the forests are rarely original growth and are full of people now looking for Bigfoot in Salt Fork and the other big parks. I guess that is good as they are getting outside and taking their family or friends. I have never seen a Bigfoot and the offer doesnt strike me as something I want to do. For some odd reason I believe in them but just dont know whether I trust them. I wouldnt hurt one but I would defend myself so I just dont go looking. Nearby here there was a Dogman sighting that went on for a couple of months. Really scary stuff if you ask me. Over the weekend an older gentleman advertised selling some Native artifacts from a private collection he had legitamately. I went to see what he had. We talked awhile about finding things and I saw some really rare pieces and many items I ahd only read about. One was a pendant someone had made centuries ago. One side was a sun symbol and the other a symbol for night I believe. I want that pendant and will buy it soon. Anyway when I was leaving I asked him where he foound some of the stuff and he stated his farm. Then it occurred to me his farm is right on the border of the Dogman sighting that happened not long ago. It sent a shiver down my spine and we said goodbye. Maybe I wont go back and buy it?
Speaking of UFOs I saw one in 91 . It was about 1030 in the am and a clear day. It was a silver disc , not huge but not small. Just sitting over some trees as I went around the bend. Someone was with me in the car and they saw it too. When we went back around the bend it was gone. Strangley I found a beautiful drill point while walking that day with my friend . It was in great shape and probably very old. Made of flint.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I have issues with the idea of Bigfoot as strictly some sort of shy animal or even some sort of primitive semi-humanoid. It just seems impossible to me that one hasn't made a mistake and either be hit by a car or shot by some crazy hunter. On the flip side of this though is the massive number of people that have said that they have seen one and not all or even most of these people seem to be low life liars. You have police and military people that have little to gain and maybe a lot to lose by telling a story about seeing a possibly mythical monster.

I will offer a couple of thoughts. MAYBE the big hairy man-monster is some sort of ancestral memory. Before HomoSapians came along and killed all of his cousins, humanoids were a lot like cats and came in a lot of different sizes, shapes, and levels of intelligence. Only humans can't seem to allow any other creatures to live that compete with them or all to often CAN'T avoid us. The American buffalo and the Passenger pigeons were either wiped out totally of reduced to numbers below 500.

People seem to have some sort of mental problem that makes it impossible to cohabit peacefully with any other people that aren't THEM. We can't even seem to get along as different races of totally human so I can only imagine what the reaction would be to something that was humanish but certainly NOT human. Think of the monsters if fictional horror. How many walk on two legs and have the general shape of a human but are NOT at all human-looking. We seem to have a special horror and fear of human-shaped non-homo-sapiens.

It is very possible that if something startles you and you only see it from a distance or for a moment that your fear reaction shapes what you see into what people fear the most. I have seen this happen.

The other possibility is that what we call sasquatch are some sort of dementional travelers that visit here but don't live here. There are all sorts of things that animals do easily that people can only do with our creations. Birds fly, all sorts of creatures live aquatically. Some live in the bottomless caves never seeing the light of day. They all do this naturally. Maybe for sasquatch stepping through to here from someplace else close but not hear is as simple as flying is to an eagle.

I could imagine some sort of big hairy humanish creature in the far off isolated parts of the country that almost never has human visitors. Even in well-populated places, you have some huge areas that for one reason or another have very few human visitors. The hummocks out in the swamps that I loved were like that. Very few people are comfortable wading around in a swamp with the snakes, gators, and nutria rats ( Swamp rats that have bodies 24" long and then another 16" of scaly tail that weight between 20 and 25 pounds full grown.) LOL, I have seen grown men that were used to the woods but not from Texas have running screaming fitts over a nightmare size RAT! They are actually gentle creatures that actually were imported to eat the water hyacinths. Back to the point.

People see these things in places where they just can't be. They have even been reported in places like Central Park in NYC for Pete's sake. They seem to be running around in every pack of woods almost anywhere in the country. they had one reportedly come out of the woods in Dallas and throw an 18 wheeler tire and rim at a car on the freeway. They had a big hunt but it was never found but a lot of people claimed to have seen it. They called it a goat-man but it was BIG tall hairy and evidently massively strong. A big truck tire is about all that a really big strong man can do to load it in a pickup. 50 yards across a freeway?????

I would LOVE to meet a sasquatch. I've roamed the woods all over East Texas and a lot of that was done at night and never seen one. I have heard some things that sounded strange. I know the sounds of the night and what each sound is but then every once in a while something different makes itself known. I wouldn't call anyone that said that they saw one a liar. I do believe that there are a lot of strange things out there that we can't explain. As much as anything else in our no oh so civilized and massively overpopulated world we NEED a little mystery. If someone shoots a sasquatch more than just a hairy humanoid will be gone.

Oh wow, very interesting read. Sounds spooky!

You say you and your wife are paranormal investigator.. would you not fancy going back to this place to investigate?

Reactions: Debi
Bigfoot as a scavenger? This takes it to a whole new level. I dont know how old this video is as the comments seem to indicate it is older than 2020. Is it true? I have no idea, just thought some would be interested in this aspect of Bigfoot.

Bigfoot as a scavenger? This takes it to a whole new level. I dont know how old this video is as the comments seem to indicate it is older than 2020. Is it true? I have no idea, just thought some would be interested in this aspect of Bigfoot.
What are we suppose to see here ? I heard the strange noises. Was there something in the background I missed? Does this tribe leave the bodies on the platforms in the open just for the 24 hours, and then burry them? An interesting video and background story.

What are we suppose to see here ? I heard the strange noises. Was there something in the background I missed? Does this tribe leave the bodies on the platforms in the open just for the 24 hours, and then burry them? An interesting video and background story.
What I gather is that he is implying that Bigfoot can be nearby the graves of the recent dead. That said , it is so sketchy I cant make heads not tails of it. I posted because it is so unique in that I have never heard this before but........... I believe it is possible. What if it is not Bigfoot but another cryptid like those that I refuse to name. IMO they are interdimensional beings that are not good. Thats just my opinion but its based on talking to others in the First Nation world. There are tribes that really feel they are helpers and othrs that say they are cannibals or worse. Others that say leave them alone and they will leave you alone.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
What I gather is that he is implying that Bigfoot can be nearby the graves of the recent dead. That said , it is so sketchy I cant make heads not tails of it. I posted because it is so unique in that I have never heard this before but........... I believe it is possible. What if it is not Bigfoot but another cryptid like those that I refuse to name. IMO they are interdimensional beings that are not good. Thats just my opinion but its based on talking to others in the First Nation world. There are tribes that really feel they are helpers and othrs that say they are cannibals or worse. Others that say leave them alone and they will leave you alone.
I love that you found this. Your explanation makes perfect sense. I have not heard of this behavior. It would make sense if these creatures are hungry and willing to scavenge on whatever they can find.