High Strangeness!

Don't forget about Dogman, it is coming up fast in popularity to Sasquatch, which I have had several encounters with. Although one thing you need to know is that a wounded cow can make the most awful sounds you ever heard. You heard growling so that was not a cow.

the growl was from our opening night, and the scream was on the second night.

just googled 'Dogman', will read up later.

There are a lot of sounds that you don't normally hear unless you spend a lot of time in the woods. Even animals that you normally think of as quiet often have some totally amazing screams when they are either terrified or trying to startle something to make it move. Rabbits and deer both can make noises that you would never suspect them of. Some of the loudest sounds that you will hear at night are made by small little creatures looking for love.

As an aside, what is the most common theory about "dogmen"? Are they skinwalkers, werewolves, canine relatives of Sasquatch, or hairy aliens that like to scare the snot out of silly Earth people?

There are a lot of sounds that you don't normally hear unless you spend a lot of time in the woods. Even animals that you normally think of as quiet often have some totally amazing screams when they are either terrified or trying to startle something to make it move. Rabbits and deer both can make noises that you would never suspect them of. Some of the loudest sounds that you will hear at night are made by small little creatures looking for love.

As an aside, what is the most common theory about "dogmen"? Are they skinwalkers, werewolves, canine relatives of Sasquatch, or hairy aliens that like to scare the snot out of silly Earth people?
There may be more than one type of thing going on with these beasts. There certainly are a lot of reports.

I have spent a lot of my life in the countryside and recognise many animal noises, such as animals wanting intimacy(!), or animals fleeing from an attacker/s. This scream was disturbing! Yes there may be a 'normal' explanation for what we heard that night, but we think there was more to it than meets the eye. It shall remain a mystery.

I know what you mean. There were nights when I was out in the swamps that I would hear something that would just stand my hair on end. Some THINGS manage to make sounds that you just instantly know are somehow unnatural. Even the known sounds sometimes reach into you and elicit a primordial feeling. The enraged scream of a big cat makes you feel as our ancestors must have felt when they sat in the dark wondering if they were on that preditor's menu tonight. LOL, I used to frog gig a lot and remember nights when I would be wading waist-deep in the water and suddenly hear the growl and strange vibratory hum of a big bull gator singing for the ladies. I knew what I was hearing but it wasn't something that I really wanted to hear right then! I will say this though, it makes you feel ALIVE!

What about the Beast of Cumbria? Hasn't Cumbria in the Lake District had numerous big cat sightings? A cougar scream sounds almost like a woman's scream (and can take down a calf or sheep without much effort) and they'll take a growl to warn off dogs or other animals. Not sure about panthers, but it seems like they'd probably be similar in sounds.

What about the Beast of Cumbria? Hasn't Cumbria in the Lake District had numerous big cat sightings? A cougar scream sounds almost like a woman's scream (and can take down a calf or sheep without much effort) and they'll take a growl to warn off dogs or other animals. Not sure about panthers, but it seems like they'd probably be similar in sounds.

There's also the Beast of Bucks. I use to spend a great amount of time in Buckinghamshire, primarily in Beaconsfield and High Wycombe, and there were routinely reports of big cats (pumas, black leopards, etc) in the area going back at least 20-25 years.

Reports

Very interesting report out of Russia about Bigfoot and mindspeak, I dont think you will find this story boring.

Reactions: Lynne
Very interesting report out of Russia about Bigfoot and mindspeak, I dont think you will find this story boring.
This is interesting. I e heard a lot about this kind speak. I’d like to hear an interview where the person really directives it.

Reactions: Walking Goose
We have all sorts of critters that are real where I was raised and live now. I've had bull gators come out of the water and chase me up onto the top of my truck once. Gators are generally seen moving slow and easy on land but the fact is they are faster than people for a short distance. even though the "experts" tell us that all the big cats are gone from East Texas I have seen three and heard them at night a lot of times. Yes they sound a lot like a woman screaming bloody murder but you know it isn't anything that benign. It is a sound that touches you in some deep primitive part of your soul and makes every hair on you stand straight up. The several million feral hogs we have probably killed more people than the big cats and gators have ever killed.

There are endless miles of swamps and very unvisited woods where a lot of things are reported to live. We have some sort of swamp ape and also a much bigger Bigfoot type of creature. I used to love these places. It is interesting to go someplace and no matter how much to look for it there is no sign that a human has ever been there. No paper, no cans or trash, NOTHING. These are not places that you can drive to or even get to with a three or four-wheeler. You have to walk and wade, maybe even swim, to get there. The animals will be a lot less shy than normal and the squirrels will stand out on a limb and gripe at you. They have never been hunted. I loved these places and never violated them and never left any sign that I had been there. I would visit and a few times spent a few nights out there alone. I never felt alone.

We also have a lot of UFO sightings in the area. I've seen a few of those too. I like the night and would sit for hours skywatching. I think that there are a lot more "things" out there than we realize. They are smart things and they are almost never seen and avoid places that people go. We have coyotes and wolves but you almost never see them but they will sing for you if you are quiet and away from other people and listen.