High Strangeness!

Discussion in 'Your Paranormal Experiences' started by Scallydrama, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Scallydrama

Scallydrama
    Expand Collapse

the growl was from our opening night, and the scream was on the second night.

just googled 'Dogman', will read up later.

2. TexDanm

TexDanm
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

There are a lot of sounds that you don't normally hear unless you spend a lot of time in the woods. Even animals that you normally think of as quiet often have some totally amazing screams when they are either terrified or trying to startle something to make it move. Rabbits and deer both can make noises that you would never suspect them of. Some of the loudest sounds that you will hear at night are made by small little creatures looking for love.

As an aside, what is the most common theory about "dogmen"? Are they skinwalkers, werewolves, canine relatives of Sasquatch, or hairy aliens that like to scare the snot out of silly Earth people?

Debi, Ultima Thule and DogLet like this.
  3. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Art Bell fan
    Tier-1 Mod

There may be more than one type of thing going on with these beasts. There certainly are a lot of reports.

Pillywiggin likes this.
  4. Scallydrama

Scallydrama
    Expand Collapse

I have spent a lot of my life in the countryside and recognise many animal noises, such as animals wanting intimacy(!), or animals fleeing from an attacker/s. This scream was disturbing! Yes there may be a 'normal' explanation for what we heard that night, but we think there was more to it than meets the eye. It shall remain a mystery.

Pillywiggin, Lynne and Debi like this.
  5. TexDanm

TexDanm
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

I know what you mean. There were nights when I was out in the swamps that I would hear something that would just stand my hair on end. Some THINGS manage to make sounds that you just instantly know are somehow unnatural. Even the known sounds sometimes reach into you and elicit a primordial feeling. The enraged scream of a big cat makes you feel as our ancestors must have felt when they sat in the dark wondering if they were on that preditor's menu tonight. LOL, I used to frog gig a lot and remember nights when I would be wading waist-deep in the water and suddenly hear the growl and strange vibratory hum of a big bull gator singing for the ladies. I knew what I was hearing but it wasn't something that I really wanted to hear right then! I will say this though, it makes you feel ALIVE!

6. ElliO

ElliO
    Expand Collapse

What about the Beast of Cumbria? Hasn't Cumbria in the Lake District had numerous big cat sightings? A cougar scream sounds almost like a woman's scream (and can take down a calf or sheep without much effort) and they'll take a growl to warn off dogs or other animals. Not sure about panthers, but it seems like they'd probably be similar in sounds.

Pillywiggin and Lynne like this.
  7. Duke

Duke
    Expand Collapse
    Open-minded critical thinker
    Tier-2 Mod

There's also the Beast of Bucks. I use to spend a great amount of time in Buckinghamshire, primarily in Beaconsfield and High Wycombe, and there were routinely reports of big cats (pumas, black leopards, etc) in the area going back at least 20-25 years.

Reports

Pillywiggin, Lynne and ElliO like this.