High School Gym Ghost

garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
When I was about 18, I was volunteering with a group of activists for the summer. We traveled by car from NYC to California, stopping a few times overnight in different states to rest. Various places had been made available to us by sponsors and supporters. One of those overnight stops was at a high school, located in St. Louis, Missouri. We'd been given permission to use the gymnasium floor; (it was Summer, so school wasn't in session.), and mattresses were donated.

Everyone had settled for the night and the gymnasium was dark. Something made me look across the room. Way over by the far wall, across all the sleeping bodies, I could see something glowing. It turned out to be a little girl in a white dress. She had long black hair, and she was lying on her side, facing me, with a big grin on her face. The weird thing was that she was on somebody's mattress, and I could see their body through hers. I ducked my head under my blanket, but when I looked again, she was still there. I didn't sleep a wink all night.

As you couldn't get to sleep after that did you feel the apparition was not a good one or were you just startled too much ?

As you couldn't get to sleep after that did you feel the apparition was not a good one or were you just startled too much ?
It was hard to tell, Oz! That grin could have been mischievous, or evil. I was so scared that I just couldn't tell. Thinking about it now, I wondered if this was an attachment of the sleeping person, that they were perhaps not aware of. Then I wondered that since it was a school property, was it the ghost of a child who had died there in some kind of an accident?

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
It was hard to tell, Oz! That grin could have been mischievous, or evil. I was so scared that I just couldn't tell. Thinking about it now, I wondered if this was an attachment of the sleeping person, that they were perhaps not aware of. Then I wondered that since it was a school property, was it the ghost of a child who had died there in some kind of an accident?
It would have creeped me out, something about kid ghosts, I don't know why, maybe the sadness or the energy.

I really wish we could figure out what is going on in the usually unseen world. This stuff has so many possibilities. I don’t know what I’d have done in your position. I think I’d have woke others to point her out lol.

Reactions: ozentity
I really wish we could figure out what is going on in the usually unseen world. This stuff has so many possibilities. I don’t know what I’d have done in your position. I think I’d have woke others to point her out lol.
I did tell the person next to me. It was funny; he looked over in the direction I pointed, then ducked under his blanket. I don't know if he saw the apparition or was just freaked out at the idea that he might see it!

Reactions: ozentity