Hide and Seek!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
ON ANOTHER THREAD, WE DISCUSSED HIDING VALUABLES IN A CASKET AT HOME. SOOOO.....

Suggest safe, but unusual, places to hide your valuables!

Including that all important emergency key! Tell us your best ideas for hiding precious stuff!

Reactions: garnetsilver
is this a trick question to learn where all my valuables are hidden?......lol
actually I cant be of much help as I don't have any valuables....or at least nothing that cant be (fairly) easily replaced.... I never went for expensive jewelry or things, pretty much just keep it simple.

LOL I promise not to take anything! My advice here is have dogs who bark a lot. lol As for hiding things in this house, I cannot give away where my cookies are stashed. My kids read stuff here.

LOL I promise not to take anything! My advice here is have dogs who bark a lot. lol As for hiding things in this house, I cannot give away where my cookies are stashed. My kids read stuff here.
I have the barking dogs....both inside and outside....lol.

Well, my emergency key is kept on my person, but in a different place to my regular keys. I used to keep it at home but realised that that was silly, as if I was already inside I wouldn't need the key. My most valuable thing is the one that I'm typing on and if I hid that I would have to be posting from the attic or inside a cupboard, which would be more trouble than it's worth.

My Dad hid a spare house key, lightly coated in oil and sealed in a very small plastic baggie, by duct taping it to the inside wall of a house-shaped bird feeder in his backyard. To my knowledge he never needed it, and after he died we took the feeder down before selling the house. The baggie/key was still in place, with the key in near pristine condition.

A friend of Mrs Duke's kept a couple hundred dollars cash hidden at the bottom of a box of feminine hygiene products stuffed in the back of a bathroom cabinet. Her rational was no guy, including her husband, was going to open the box, let alone rifle through it.

Last edited:
My Dad hid a spare house key, lightly coated in oil and sealed in a very small plastic baggie, by duct taping it to the inside wall of a house-shaped bird feeder in his backyard. .

remember the Seinfeld episode where Kramer hid his house key in the neighbors bird cage????.....

My Dad hid a spare house key, lightly coated in oil and sealed in a very small plastic baggie, by duct taping it to the inside wall of a house-shaped bird feeder in his backyard. To my knowledge he never needed it, and after he died we took the feeder down before selling the house. The baggie/key was still in place, with the key in near pristine condition.

I friend of Mrs Duke's kept a couple hundred dollars cash hidden at the bottom of a box of feminine hygiene products stuffed in the back of a bathroom cabinet. He rational was no guy, including her husband, was going to open the box, let alone rifle through it.
Oh, I DO like Mrs. Duke's friend! lol Fabulous idea!

Reactions: garnetsilver
remember the Seinfeld episode where Kramer hid his house key in the neighbors bird cage????.....

I never watched a complete episode of "Seinfeld," so no, I don't know that storyline.