Hero Dog

What is WRONG with people? What was the father thinking; or was he thinking at all? :rage:

What is WRONG with people? What was the father thinking; or was he thinking at all? :rage:
You are right. I worked with neglected and abused kids for many years. The parents would be awful enough for the kids to be removed and then complain that our care wasn’t good enough. Some people are just nuts.

Last edited:
What makes my blood boil is that they will take a kid away and then send them right back to the same hell hole. Some things can't be forgiven. A kid only has one childhood and one is how many chances a person should get. If they gravely abuse or neglect a kid that kid needs a new forever home AWAY from that abuser. If the other parent won't separate from the abuser they should lose any right to that child too.

What makes my blood boil is that they will take a kid away and then send them right back to the same hell hole. Some things can't be forgiven. A kid only has one childhood and one is how many chances a person should get. If they gravely abuse or neglect a kid that kid needs a new forever home AWAY from that abuser. If the other parent won't separate from the abuser they should lose any right to that child too.
^^^THIS^^^ Exactly right Dan. I saw this over and over.

Unfortunately, I have seen cases where the parent was really trying and just needed more support, only to lose their child forever. It's a sad thing all around. In other cases, I have seen children being raised in conditions that no animal could tolerate. And they were not helped. Like Tex said, they were returned to the nightmare.

Reactions: Lynne
Unfortunately, I have seen cases where the parent was really trying and just needed more support, only to lose their child forever. It's a sad thing all around. In other cases, I have seen children being raised in conditions that no animal could tolerate. And they were not helped. Like Tex said, they were returned to the nightmare.
The state of the foster care system is awful. Often the workers have too many cases and not enough time to see them all. It’s like putting a bandaid on a surgical issue.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I don't really care how hard a bad parent is trying not to be a bad parent. The child only has one chance to get a decent start and one is how many times an adult should be allowed to abuse a child or gravely neglect them. There are a LOT of couples that want a child and will treat that child right.

I'm not talking about the silly sort of "child abuse" like spanking a kid that won't mind. I'm talking about beating a kid so badly that they need medical assistance. I know that they have problems and need help but they are adults and need to be held accountable for their actions. Abandoning a child is another unforgivable action. I watched my brother-in-law and his wife do this with their kids over and over and again and again those kids were given back to them.

PS: I thought that I was going to be able to shape my wife into what I WANTED so I go her young. I was 19 and she was 15 when we met. We couldn't even date until she was 16 so I would just go and hang out with her at her parent's house. As it turned out maybe I should have started on her sooner. Women have a way of shaping men more often than the other way around. I think that males grow up later in life so it is possible that at 15 my future wife was more mature than I was at 19. Whatever that is what I say and am sticking to it...maybe she was just bossier...

A child needs to feel secure and they can't have that when their parents treat them like throw-away paper plates. No, they were not beat up but they were not treated like the precious little persons that they were. the daughter ended up in and out of prison for drugs and was a prostitute. The son had a few running with the law but met a good woman that got him straightened out.

Last edited:
Reactions: garnetsilver