Hermetic Principles - The True Law Of Attraction

It may have been at least a stream in that river. Do you have any links or anything you could quote? I'm very interested in this at the moment in particular, not through egotistically wanting to be bigger than God, but because I'm translating and studying parts of the Gospel of Mark* and it's use of the phrase 'Son of Man' is important. I mean that in Jewish literature of the Roman era it meant 'man' rather than the 'son of God', so when in Mark Jesus talks about the Son of Man being able to forgive sin (as the priests say only God can) and that the Son of Man is lord of the Sabbath, then it may relate as at least a source for the idea of man usurping God.

Bet you thought I blew you off. I didn't. It just took me awhile to remember this. When we were discussing the Nephilium the other evening I remembered this post was left unanswered. When you first posted this I spent some time thinking on it and then delving into what was meant to be basic research. My problem is and always has been, that once I get started I can't stop. DAYS later and numerous unrelated studies down -- 'Squirrel?' -- attention diverted -- I have been feeling the need to respond to you for several days so this is what I came up with. As always, these are my own opinions and thoughts and beliefs. There is no intent here to religious leanings one way or the other -- and believe it or not I have edited this down considerably:eek:

Anyway

As to your post. I think we are dealing with two separate avenue's here. Religion and Cosmology.

Religious text's are not my area of expertise although I utilize them as part of the whole in my research. I have studied some on The Talmud, and a little more on The Torah and The Quran and of course The Holy Bible. But to find Truth? The only way to begin to get a true picture of what's what in Biblical reference -- in any Sacred Text -- is to do exactly what you are doing and translate back into Greek, Hebrew, and even Sanskrit. I never ran into an opportunity or a Teacher/Elder that I felt I would need to venture down that Path. I admire very much that you are putting an effort into doing that.

That being said -- I will give you my OPINION on these two avenues.

First Biblical

I'm translating and studying parts of the Gospel of Mark* and it's use of the phrase 'Son of Man' is important. I mean that in Jewish literature of the Roman era it meant 'man' rather than the 'son of God', so when in Mark Jesus talks about the Son of Man being able to forgive sin (as the priests say only God can) and that the Son of Man is lord of the Sabbath, then it may relate as at least a source for the idea of man usurping God.

I have very limited understanding/knowledge of The Old Testament, but The Christ is very familiar to me. I think and again -- it is my opinion only -- that what you are dealing with in your translation is The Trinity. Father, Son, Holy Spirit. As I am sure you know, The Trinity has been at the crux of many theological and philosophical debates, not counting the different interpretations of the different organized religions. So, we won't go there. Where I want to go with this is The Christ and His Teachings on this subject as I understand them. The Christ attempt's to instruct his follower's on The Father, Son and Holy Spirit as ONE and also separate. (yes, I am quite sure He is elbowing The Father and saying 'watch this' with a big smile on His face)

"I am The Son of my Father" and "I am a Son of Man". The Holy Spirit then is the bridge between the two. All this is made way more complicated then it has to be (again, my opinion). Begotten of God mean's just that. A direct Emanation of The Creator. We don't have to understand it, we might as well just accept it. (Isn't everyone you say. No. Theologically speaking Humanity IS an Emanation of The Creator as is all that IS. But, we are further down the bloodline so to speak.)

Wait now, hold on... If we were to get into THAT discussion we would be here a very long time. Diverted. Just Flow with it for me, will ya.

So, The Christ, according to Sacred Text is The Only Begotten Son of God -- directly speaking -- that we as humanity at least -- have had contact with. Son of God. A direct Emanation of God. Son of God. -- now embedded or transferred or transformed or whatever the process was -- into a Physical Being. Born of Man. Son of Man.

Enter the Holy Ghost and you have The Trinity. IS (God) into Spirit (Form) which can transverse Physical space and Being. (Man)

The rest of this story - after the fact - has to do with The Church I think. The Christ was NOT an advocate of The Church. He obviously felt it was corrupted (and it was) And in this thing with His his last breath 'Rent the Veil'. "It is finished!"

Which is to say, not only did he challenge the Authority of the Hierarchy of The Church to lead people to The Father. He flat out took that Authority from them, period. So.

Which lead's me to "I am The Truth, The Way, and The Light. No man shall go unto The Father except though me." Now, that can be interpreted literally as Jesus could forgive sin's, and has been so interpreted when it fit's the agenda. But that would be a false interpretation (my opinion). The Christ was talking of His Teachings. Follow me or don't come at all. If you see.

The premise being -- Only by following The Christ's Instruction/Teachings does humanity have a chance in a hail storm of advancing Spiritually.

You know, love your neighbor as yourself, don't be judging anyone or anything and don't be stoning prostitutes, if a man is thirsty give him water, if he is hungry give him food, if he is poor give him everything you own, if it is the Sabbath and your calf is drowning in the stream -- go get the calf for heaven's sake, Suffer not (and this one should be broadcast into every home in America today and everyday) SUFFER NOT the little children. and etc along those line's. Easy Peasy stuff.

But not very lucrative for The Church financially or in holding power/sway over the populace. Hence, it's 2019 and we are still paying preacher's, priests, and other 'holy men' to get us into heaven... which they can't. They can not forgive nor absolve the darkness that dwells within Man's heart.. That Veil was Rent. The Father does not speak through The Church. If you follow The Light (The Teachings) you will know the Face of God. Period.

So -- Forgiveness is an Aspect of The Light... The Teachings

So, in this thing, usurping God is not on the agenda of The Teachings.

Okay. On to the 2nd Avenue -- Cosmology -- are you exhausted of hearing my voice yet? Be patient, I will be done in a minute.

Along the line's of Cosmologies and Ancient Teachings that include Magical or Occult means or instructions dealing with accessing Godhood or Immortality -- there are many. Here we run into the God's, Demi-Gods, Star Lord's, an various Immortals that according to almost all Ancient Text, in one way or another, walked this Earth and ruled over Humanity -- sometime back into the mists of time, these record's dating back thousands and thousands and thousands of years.

The Hermes Trismegistus, The Emerald Tablets of Thoth, The Egyptian Wisdom Literature's, The Gnostic Texts (and a few more) are all relatively new in Ancient History. By the time these texts, writings, and recordings came into play, the original teaching's, meanings, instructions or agenda's -- The Original Recordings -- were already turned to dust in the far mists of way way back there into the forever.

So here, we have to decide what we believe or are willing to believe to make any of this relevant. If, as The Sumerians claim, God's, Demi-God's and Immortals ruled over mankind for at least 400,000 years on THIS Earth... and if these said God's, Demi God's and Immortals were actually just advanced Civilizations and neither God's of any kind nor Immortal in reality. Did they leave any communication, writings, pictorials, tools, anything at all concerning the in's and outs of their advanced civilizations, their "technology", how this thing or that was accomplished? And/Or, Did Ancient Man witness these things and pass this knowledge or their interpretation of this knowledge down Orally? At some time then, were these Oral Teaching's interpreted/translated and put into written word/records?

It is my belief that this is a possible truth of the thing. It is also my belief that throughout this huge and unimaginable span of time, The Power's that be who rule Humanity continue to try to replicate this knowledge in the possibility of hitting on The Alchemy of becoming "Like God" Immortal. Which is Forbidden. But, since when have the Priest-Kings cared about that.

As an example of what I am speaking of - All of the following Texts found in Ancient Egypt deal with The Alchemy, Spells, Rituals, Maps, Incantation s and Pathways... that must be followed in order to transverse the nether world after death that the Spirit of the deceased will stay intact and continue to exist safely in the afterlife until such time as it is reconnected with the body/Physical.

Books of Breathing
Book of The Dead
Amduat
Book of Gates
Book of Caverns
Pyramid Texts

I did find this in the Nag Hammadi Library -- which correlate's with this conversation:

The Hypostasis of the Archons or The Reality of the Rulers
The Reality of the Rulers (Hypostasis of the Archons) - Barntone and Meyer - The Nag Hammadi Library

Excerpt:

Cain: Eve's son begotten by the rulers
Abel: Eve's son begotten by Adam
Seth: a son through god

I'll leave you to puzzle that Text out. It's a hum-dinger. :)

Last edited:
I'm a squirrel too! I didn't think you had blown me off and now that you've written all of this I'm floored. I owe you at least two proper posts that I haven't written yet and now three!
Thankyou.
So much to think about.
Hypostasis of the Archons is one that's been hovering on my periphery for years but I've never read. Tomorrow looks good. Though I know the concept from various other texts. And all the Egyptian texts! I've read some but not those. As for the rest... I may have to respond a bit at a time after some sleep!

Really, thankyou for posting so much and all of it interesting. Some new and some new slants on things I knew of.

Goodness to you!

Edit: I should really just call it Reality of the Rulers. I think the major thing that's put people off of reading the Nag Hamadi books is the refusal to translate names into English, even though it makes them incomprehensible to most people.

But, really "Trimorphic Protonoia"* just sounds fantastic, so I can't blame people.

*In the interests of not alienating people, it means roughly, "Triple Form of of the Primal Thought".
Which, on reflection, is still pretty cool.

Last edited:
Edit: I should really just call it Reality of the Rulers. I think the major thing that's put people off of reading the Nag Hamadi books is the refusal to translate names into English, even though it makes them incomprehensible to most people.

But, really "Trimorphic Protonoia"* just sounds fantastic, so I can't blame people.

*In the interests of not alienating people, it means roughly, "Triple Form of of the Primal Thought".

I kind of think I like these texts as written. They tend to lose something in the translation. It is a flow thing I think - and challenging - and let's you Journey to place and time these author's resided in. And, by reading as written you are allowed to interpret what a thing mean's for yourself. Let's face it - interpretation is very personal. Our own is probably just as viable as this guy or that guy. Translating now. That you need an expert for.

And all the Egyptian texts! I've read some but not those. As for the rest... I may have to respond a bit at a time after some sleep!

:) - I haven't read everything in all those texts either. I am a speed reader, so I have an ability to find what I am looking for or interested in pretty fast, then I stop and study that part.

Reactions: ParanormalMom
The Nag Hammadi text fall in perfect line with shamanism and toltec traditions. The problem with the nag hammadi is that it's mostly speaking in parables along with all theological sectors. When it comes to theology there are 2 aspects. The exoteric which most people believe in and the esoteric which do have metaphysical/astrotheological (stars and planets zodiac solar system) as well as a symbolic meaning to it.

To become like "god" isn't the point of gnosticism or toltec shamanism. But, immortality and keeping your awareness after physical death is the one of the main key points of esoteric practices. Hence why people are practicing lucid dreaming and astral projecting which is one of the main gates of shamanism. The point is achieve to be a nagual(shamanhood) receiving the eagle's gift, the "Indescribable Force" as Don Juan states. (This force resembles an eagle. One of Don Juan's apprentice claims it's God third eye chakra) Don Juan Matus is probably one of the most practical shamans ever to be known from the great workings of Carlos Castaneda(anthropologist apprentice from UCLA). The kybalion hermetic principles author states a clear distinction between God and man. in his workings "raja yoga" Here I will quote him.

"And yet, while the "I" is not God, the Absolute, it is infinitely greater than we have imagined it to be before the light dawned upon us. It extends itself far beyond what we had conceived to be its limits. It touches the Universe at all its points, and is in the closest union with all of Life. It is in the closest touch with all that has emanated from the Absolute—all the world of Relativity. And while it faces the Relative Universe, it has its roots in the Absolute, and draws nourishment therefrom, just as does the babe in the womb obtain nourishment from the mother. It is verily a manifestation of God, and God's very essence is in it. Surely this is almost as "high" a statement as the "I Am God" of the teachers just mentioned,—and yet how different. Let us consider the teaching in detail in this lesson, and in portions of others to follow." William Walker Atkinson

Last edited:
Reactions: Benway