Here is what a $2.6 Million Watch from Patek Philippe Looks Like

Seahunter

AKA "Roy"
Reaction score
I thought some of you would enjoy this. It is the watch built by Patek Philippe - The Grandmaster Chime 5175 - to celebrate their 175th Anniversary. It has TWENTY complications, and two dials! The watch is simply amazing.

I actually know how to assemble a mechanical watch, but nothing even remotely similar to the complexity of this one with 20 complications. By the way, a complication is something the watch "does" or tells you. For example, at it's simplest form, a watch needs an hour hand and a minute hand to give the time. If you add a hand showing seconds, that is a complication. Having the day and date displayed on the dial would be complications as well. Some others could be an alarm, moon phase, power reserve indicator, etc.

Only six of these watches were built, and one will stay in the Patek Philippe museum, leaving five for the rest of the world. According to one writer, "There is an interview process to be considered as a potential owner, and you must already own lots of high-end watches from this company."

I hope you enjoy the video!

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/2-6-million-patek-philippe-grandmaster-chime-5175-watch-in-person/

Presentation is everything!

ecrin_pivote_ouvert_fond_blanc_RVB_300.jpg

Showing the front and back of the watch. To change what is showing on your wrist, you simply rotate the case on a pivot point.

800x-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman
I really enjoyed watching this AMAZING video! If I was rich I'd love one lol. Gorgeous!

Reactions: Seahunter and Debi