Help Validate These Experiences?

Theo

Reaction score
These experiences happened 3 years ago but I only feel comfortable coming completely out with them now.

I was on a ghost hunt in my local town hall. The first odd experience came when we using dosing rods (think that's the spelling). I was the only one willing to do it at the time and at first, I was getting answers to every question the group asked. I was holding them myself so take my word that I wasn't moving them. They started acting odd when asked "where in the room are you?" They kept swinging backwards, pointing towards me and crossing. After a bit we assumed whatever spirit it was didn't want me using them so I gave them to someone else. Around this time i got a headache but it could have been unrelated.

Later we moved into a room in the basement that is now a museum. On the wall is multipul fishing boats in frames. When asking questions, we realised it sounded like tapping on the glass of these frames. Everyone claimed the tapping was near them but I was certain it was coming from the photo behind me. When they asked them to tap on the photo of the ship they were once on, before the tapping came I said in my head the name of the ship. Oddly enough they all agreed the tapping was now coming from the photo behind me which turned out to be the ship I thought off.

At one point in the night, a psychic that was there asked if I had lost a child. When i said i hadn't, they asked if anyone in my family had. Again, no one recently has lost a child. Not around the age she was describing. She then said there is a little boy about 3 hiding behind my leg, won't tell her anything but is following me about.

All of this alone could just be luck. Might mean nothing but it was a lot of activity for my first ghost hunt and I'd love to know i wasn't going crazy.

It's also worth saying that i didn't feel frightened or threatened at all. I was calm the whole night and at peace. Even one of the investigators running the group pointed it out. so if it was a spirit, I don't think it was anything negative.

They started acting odd when asked "where in the room are you?" They kept swinging backwards, pointing towards me and crossing.

The dowsing rods were actually giving you answers to your questions with those movements. Certain movements can mean yes or no or location...especially crossed rods. Since the psychic felt a presence by your leg, the rods were actually indicating the spirit was right there with you.

Last edited:
Theo, cool account.
There are some water well digger's around here that still use dowsing rods.
That's how they found my grandpa's well in the 1950s.

Theo, cool account.
There are some water well digger's around here that still use dowsing rods.
That's how they found my grandpa's well in the 1950s.
I still have mine from when I did that. lol

Theo, it takes practice with them to get the feel of them. I hope you'll give it a try again and work with them a bit because they can be pretty darn accurate.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Sorry I am late to your post. I agree with Debi about the rods pointing at you because you had a spirit next to you. The fact that you knew the answer to the boat question could mean you got a communication. Congrats on getting a lot of activity on your hunt. I hope you are careful and protect yourself spiritually as much as possible.

Reactions: garnetsilver