HELP! - 8 year old sees male figure in shadows

ParaNoob19

Reaction score
This is my first posting so please consider 2 things...1)the length of this, 2)being naive and not using the correct terminology. I do believe that we are not alone in this world. Your energy doesn't die with your physical being; it has to go somewhere.

For the last several weeks my 8 year old has refused to sleep by herself and is nervous about walking around the house by herself when it is darker outside caused either by nightfall or cloudy skies. She says she is seeing a man in the shadows. She says she did not see him before we left for or during our vacation but started seeing him on our long return flight from vacation. She saw him sitting in the aisle, and it wasn't until he looked directly at her that she got nervous. After that she changed seats with her father so she could sit by me. She says his figure is relatively faint around the contour and described him in significant detail.

Here are his characteristics....
Face: one eye, other eye is hurt (she can't see his eye), not smiling, scratch/scar on his face by his mouth, normal nose
Arms: 1 arm has many scratches, the other is bruised
Hands: covered with old, torn gloves
Wears: old, ripped, short-sleeved dark blue shirt with a red "x" on it; old, brown construction worker type boots
Also indicated he doesn't have a heart.

When asked what he does, she says he likes to stay in the shadows...be it in the house or outside in the darker areas of our backyard. If a light comes on, he hides. She told me she needs another nightlight in her room (she already has 2) so that it will create a circle around her, and he will have to stay behind her bedroom door. Sleeping with us the other night, she said he was there in the shadows. We turned on her flashlight several times that night. She said he will sometimes say the word "Fight," then for a brief moment turns in to a black figure surrounded by red ("fire" she says) and then turns back to himself.

She is imaginative, but I have never seen her so sure of anything. She speaks in such a matter-of-fact fashion. When I asked her to draw me a picture, without hesitation and in a matter of seconds she drew her picture. Then she asked me to shred the paper, because she didn't want anyone to see it and think she's crazy.

Is this just the case of a vivid imagination or developmental? Could it be possible for something to have followed us home?

What do I do?

Thanks.

Wow. There's a lot to unpack there, but my instinct says that YOU know your child far better than any of us. You know her imagination and her storytelling abilities- Is this something that you think she would make up? Because to me, on the surface without knowing her, It sounds like she is very clear on what she's seeing. Are there things around her that could have inspired her to make up that kind of detail?

My advice? Get a quality investigation team in there ASAP. Yes, get her more nightlights. You can also set wards using salt, and directly address the entity and tell him that she needs to sleep, and he's scaring her and to leave her alone.
Look, I grew up in a house with something in the walls. A new house, that my father and grandfather built with their own hands, so my sister and I were always told it couldn't be haunted, even though we knew something was there. (Still is, actually.)
Even if she's making it up, it's better to be sure that's the case than leaving something to terrify her.

My gut tells me she isn't making it up. I put nightlights in all of the outlets in her room this evening and stayed with her until she fell asleep. We will see if that helps. On the salt front...given that she has seen it in more than one place, how would I use it? Is it a line of salt...canister of salt? I'm completely naive.

How do I go about finding an investigative team? There's no Angie's List for this kind of thing. :) My husband does not believe in anything paranormal and is quick to make fun of stories related to it.

The child is right about the third light and forming a "circle of light" around her. It's actually White Light that she is describing, but the light itself will do. Be sure to use that St. Michael's prayer on that link to add protection to the home and her room. All faiths can use it to call on the Archangel Michael for protection. Start with this and we'll walk you through it per my PM to you.

The child is right about the third light and forming a "circle of light" around her. It's actually White Light that she is describing, but the light itself will do. Be sure to use that St. Michael's prayer on that link to add protection to the home and her room. All faiths can use it to call on the Archangel Michael for protection. Start with this and we'll walk you through it per my PM to you.

Thanks so much for the advice. So strange that she would know to add more light around her to protect her....

Thanks so much for the advice. So strange that she would know to add more light around her to protect her....
She sounds very aware and open,my brother and myself grew up seeing all kinds of paranormal entities and no one else in the family acknowledged or believed our sightings,experiences.Its good you have taken time to believe her and check on this.It makes such a difference to the person seeing this.

She sounds very aware and open,my brother and myself grew up seeing all kinds of paranormal entities and no one else in the family acknowledged or believed our sightings,experiences.Its good you have taken time to believe her and check on this.It makes such a difference to the person seeing this.
Yes, I agree. The feeling of acknowledgment gives confidence and support. So important!

Reactions: ozentity