Hellier

Planet Weird
UFOs. Unsolved Mysteries. Humanoid creatures from beneath the earth. Something strange is happening in the Appalachian Mountains.

HELLIER premieres all episodes on Friday, January 18th.

Free.

This is a documentary/investigation
in an alternate universe I am Critters son, read the E-mail that is at the begging hehe just kidding but that is kinda weird.

Per the Boss's request, I've not watched subsequent epiosods of this series, but I have been thinking about what we saw last night. I'm not saying this is a scam, but I'm surprised these "investigators" did not do more to find the guy who initially contacted them and/or checked the background of the abandoned house they believe was where he lived. The latter is very simple to do, property tax records are in the public domain so they should be able to identify who lived in that house at the time they got the three page email detailing the story. Also request police and fire records for calls to that property address during that time period, again that information is in the public domain.

If you believe the program, there was a name given on the email and the sender identified himself as a "doctor." The young couple who went to Hellier claimed to have asked around the town, but no one claimed to know that name. If the guy was a medical doctor, it would be easy to find out who was practicing at that time within some radius (including nearby VA and WV) though AMA and states licencing records, as well as a Yellow Pages reviews. Find out who was practicing medicine, look for physicians stopped practicing or moved their practice. Cross reference that information with the property tax records.

If the guy was a PhD, there are small three colleges within 40-50 miles of Hellier. No assurance a PhD living there was a professor, but it's a reasonable place to start. Not much other work for a PhD in a town that consists of a gas station, a couple churches, and a post office. Look for professors who were teaching at the time the email was received, then year by year looking for professors who left those schools. Remember, the guy who sent the email claimed to have young children, so he would probably have been somewhere between 25-40 at the time and would have had a wife.

The story could be true but the guy could have lied about being a "doctor" of any kind. (That would sound an alarm with me, lying about his profession.) Whoever wrote that long email was clearly well educated, however. Probably not going to get a lot of help from the locals informally, although in a town that small most everyone knows each other. If I couldn't find, or at least identify, who sent that initial report, I'd not go foward with any additional investigation for suspicion I was being played. Will be interesting to see if they do any work down the road to identify the "doctor."

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
Chapter 2

Episode 2: As the team finally arrives in Hellier, a perusal of the case file prompts a stunning revelation that shifts the case into the realm of wider fringe phenomena.

In episode 1, they found/videoed a property they believed was that of "Doctor Dave." In the next two episodes they looked for the same property, but claimed they couldn't find it. Why didn't they show the video from their visit (two years prior?) to that property to locals to try to find out it again?

Reactions: Debi