thefourtheye

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has ever heard the voice of a deceased friend or loved one? if so, what it said? Was the voice random (out of nowhere)? Was it clear as day? Did it identify you and itself and try to communicate with you? Were there other people around or we're you alone? Was the voice in your head? Was it coming from something? Were you scared? Did you tell it to leave? Did it leave? If so, did it ever come back or happen again? What do you do when this happens?

I had the most bizarre experience awhile back when a dead friends voice said, "Hey (my name), its me (his name)." I heard it in my head, in his voice, as I was standing on a the sidewalk, waiting to cross the street, and I freaked out, I got nervous and chills ran up my spine, i couldn't believe it, I still cant. I remember not believing it and wanting whatever it was to stop or leave. It must have because I did not hear it again and haven't since... but its so bizarre to think about.
Could it really have been my dead friend? Was my mind creating an auditory hallucination? He was a good friend, a good guy, and he passed away tragically with two other friends of mine in a car crash, about three years before this paranormal incident happened.

I know it doesn't seem like much, but I want to know if there are other people out there who have experienced similar things. If you have ever had this or something similar happen please respond. I don't know what to make of it.

Welcome to the forum. First, this happens frequently to many people. If you believe in life after death, it is not beyond bounds for one to reach across the veil and speak to you. Before my mom died, my dad came back across and spoke to both myself and my sister (who was in a different room.) I told her part of the message I heard, audibly, btw, and she finished it before I could. We both heard the same thing, in my father's voice. What might be unusual here is my dad in his later years used a mechanical voice as he lost his vocal chords to cancer. That night we heard his actual voice, not the mechanical one.

Welcome to the forum TFE. I have not had this experience but it is not uncommon from what I’ve heard and read. Debi gave you a great example.

I am wondering if anyone has ever heard the voice of a deceased friend or loved one?
I had my brother(passed) speak to me a few weeks ago which I wrote about on here.I felt like I was heading for a breakdown,very agitated.I was doing the dishes and at my worst point he spoke clearly in my ear telling me everything will be ok and laughed(as he used to in life when stirring me up) I felt better and laughed with him,I also felt the deep brotherly love we had for each other.Maybe your friend saved you from an accident,walking out on the road?I believe those closest watch out for us after their passing,I'm sure I would too if possible.Welcome to the forum TFE.

I had my brother(passed) speak to me a few weeks ago which I wrote about on here.I felt like I was heading for a breakdown,very agitated.I was doing the dishes and at my worst point he spoke clearly in my ear telling me everything will be ok and laughed(as he used to in life when stirring me up) I felt better and laughed with him,I also felt the deep brotherly love we had for each other.Maybe your friend saved you from an accident,walking out on the road?I believe those closest watch out for us after their passing,I'm sure I would too if possible.Welcome to the forum TFE.
Oz thanks for sharing that. Your experience is very reassuring.

Welcome to the PNF 4thEye.

I have had this happen to me once while I was driving alone at night on a busy highway a couple of months after my Dad’s death. I very clearly and rather loudly heard my Dad’s voice call my name into my right ear.

More recently, I have heard at least a partial sentence spoken aloud inside of my home. However, the context wasn’t intelligible because it was only a few words, the voice was rather soft, and I think it wasn’t English. Shortly after I heard my name called in Spanish. So I’ve made the huge assumption that the earlier statement might also have been in Spanish; and, that the voice might have been my paternal Grandmother’s. I’m not certain who else would have reason to call my name in Spanish.

Unfortunately 4thEye, I don’t have answers to share for your other related questions.

Welcome to the PNF 4thEye.

I have had this happen to me once while I was driving alone at night on a busy highway a couple of months after my Dad’s death. I very clearly and rather loudly heard my Dad’s voice call my name into my right ear.

More recently, I have heard at least a partial sentence spoken aloud inside of my home. However, the context wasn’t intelligible because it was only a few words, the voice was rather soft, and I think it wasn’t English. Shortly after I heard my name called in Spanish. So I’ve made the huge assumption that the earlier statement might also have been in Spanish; and, that the voice might have been my paternal Grandmother’s. I’m not certain who else would have reason to call my name in Spanish.

Unfortunately 4thEye, I don’t have answers to share for your other related questions.
It’s nice to have validation that this does happen to others. I would have to imagine a person would doubt their event. Knowing they are not alone has to be reassuring.

Have not experienced a recognisable voice, only my name being said, once by a female, another time by a male. Once it was my own voice. Do not know what that was about.

I am inclined to think you are safe to enjoy the likelihood of it being your friends voice.

I see initially you wanted whatever it was to stop and leave. I can understand the shock it may have produced in you.
How do you feel about it now? Does the memory feel nice? Especially after reading others experiences on here.

Reactions: ozentity and Lynne