He Came to Me, In a Dream

Heather

She's a haunted witch
Reaction score
I thought I would share another paranormal experience with you guys. This one is very different than my previous one I posted on this subject.

This one happened when I was about 13 or 14 years old. I lost my maternal grandfather to leukemia. He and my mother had quite a rough relationship throughout her life and they had just started to mend their relationship when he got sick. As he was dying, all of her brothers and sisters, herself and her mother were with him in the hospital. My mother had to warn the family to say their good byes, because she knew he was passing away. She has knowledge in the medical field and she knew how to read the monitor (heart rate, O2, etc). When it was her turn to say good bye, she whispered in his ear and not long after, he passed away.

Quite a few months after his passing, I had a dream about him. I was visiting him at his house and he and I were talking like we always did when I came to visit. He looked happy. Before the dream ended, he asked me to tell my mom something for him. He said,

"Tell your mom that I am sorry for everything and that I love her too."

I didn't think much of it, so I thought I would tell her about the dream the next day. She and I were in the car heading home and I finally decided to tell her.

"Momma, I dreamt of papaw last night."

"Oh did you?" She became soft at the mention of her dead father.

"Yeah, he told me to tell you something?" I told her. I knew her heart skipped a few beats. It was like I could hear it. She grew nervous. "I don't know what it means though."

"What did he say?" She asked. I proceeded to tell her that he said he was sorry for everything and that he loved her too. She immediately began sobbing.

"What?" I panicked, "Why are you crying?"

"He heard me!" She exclaimed.

"He heard you?" I questioned. At this point I was confused.

"He heard me!!!" She repeated. After I got her to calm down, she told me that while he was dying, she whispered in his ear and said,

"Daddy, I forgive you. I love you. If you need to go, go. It's okay."

He died right after she said that, and he told me in his dream that he was sorry for everything and he loved her too.

I would call that paranormal, but to me it feels like more of a psychic experience of some sort.

I thought I would share another paranormal experience with you guys. This one is very different than my previous one I posted on this subject.

This one happened when I was about 13 or 14 years old. I lost my maternal grandfather to leukemia. He and my mother had quite a rough relationship throughout her life and they had just started to mend their relationship when he got sick. As he was dying, all of her brothers and sisters, herself and her mother were with him in the hospital. My mother had to warn the family to say their good byes, because she knew he was passing away. She has knowledge in the medical field and she knew how to read the monitor (heart rate, O2, etc). When it was her turn to say good bye, she whispered in his ear and not long after, he passed away.

Quite a few months after his passing, I had a dream about him. I was visiting him at his house and he and I were talking like we always did when I came to visit. He looked happy. Before the dream ended, he asked me to tell my mom something for him. He said,

"Tell your mom that I am sorry for everything and that I love her too."

I didn't think much of it, so I thought I would tell her about the dream the next day. She and I were in the car heading home and I finally decided to tell her.

"Momma, I dreamt of papaw last night."

"Oh did you?" She became soft at the mention of her dead father.

"Yeah, he told me to tell you something?" I told her. I knew her heart skipped a few beats. It was like I could hear it. She grew nervous. "I don't know what it means though."

"What did he say?" She asked. I proceeded to tell her that he said he was sorry for everything and that he loved her too. She immediately began sobbing.

"What?" I panicked, "Why are you crying?"

"He heard me!" She exclaimed.

"He heard you?" I questioned. At this point I was confused.

"He heard me!!!" She repeated. After I got her to calm down, she told me that while he was dying, she whispered in his ear and said,

"Daddy, I forgive you. I love you. If you need to go, go. It's okay."

He died right after she said that, and he told me in his dream that he was sorry for everything and he loved her too.

I would call that paranormal, but to me it feels like more of a psychic experience of some sort.
Sad, sorry I think that way at times... not that I had the dream but I think we all have somethings we would have done differently that stay with us throughout our lives and I think to be forgiven is one of the greatest gifts someone can have.

You may never know what the dream meant to your mother and Grandfather but just knowing they are both at peace should make you smile. Just a thought.

Thanks for sharing what must be a very personal account. This is evidence that life continues after the physical death. He gave you all a gift by responding post mortem to her comment.

Heather, I hope that your Mom ultimately did feel some closure and more importantly some comfort from what you shared with her.

I’ve got a question for you too. Can you further explain your final sentence? It seems almost like you’re asking a question or maybe it is a statement. In either case, I’m interested in how it seems that you make a distinction between the paranormal and psychic experiences.

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
Heather, I hope that your Mom ultimately did feel some closure and more importantly some comfort from what you shared with her.

I’ve got a question for you too. Can you further explain your final sentence? It seems almost like you’re asking a question or maybe it is a statement. In either case, I’m interested in how it seems that you make a distinction between the paranormal and psychic experiences.

WAS I was hoping you would see this thread.

I will provide a brief explanation and if you need further information, feel free to shoot me a message...

Paranormal experiences, to me, are similar to grabbing your usual coffee every morning. It's no big deal, you're used to it and it's a part of your routine.

Psychic like experiences, to me, are similar to the confusion you would get when you wake up from fainting. I feel like I just woke up and I'm puzzled as to what happened or what is going on. Maybe it's because I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea? I get even more confused when the message I deliver or the moment I experience are 100% CORRECT. I've had other psychic experiences where I would think hard about a song I want to hear and it will suddenly play on the radio. I've even knew the phone was going to ring before it did. It just feels like my intuition is REALLY strong. I still surprise myself at times. Like with this dream, I shrugged it off as a paranormal experience and decided to tell my mom about it... but it's her reaction that made me freak out. The dream didn't feel like a normal dream though. It felt real.

I'm not sure if I'm making any sense, but I hope that clears up a lot of it.

Reactions: Paintman
Thanks for explaining your interpretation of your abilities. Im sure there are some here that can relate. Im sure you
Will find others expierences helpful.

WAS I was hoping you would see this thread.

I will provide a brief explanation and if you need further information, feel free to shoot me a message...

Paranormal experiences, to me, are similar to grabbing your usual coffee every morning. It's no big deal, you're used to it and it's a part of your routine.

Psychic like experiences, to me, are similar to the confusion you would get when you wake up from fainting. I feel like I just woke up and I'm puzzled as to what happened or what is going on. Maybe it's because I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea? I get even more confused when the message I deliver or the moment I experience are 100% CORRECT. I've had other psychic experiences where I would think hard about a song I want to hear and it will suddenly play on the radio. I've even knew the phone was going to ring before it did. It just feels like my intuition is REALLY strong. I still surprise myself at times. Like with this dream, I shrugged it off as a paranormal experience and decided to tell my mom about it... but it's her reaction that made me freak out. The dream didn't feel like a normal dream though. It felt real.

I'm not sure if I'm making any sense, but I hope that clears up a lot of it.

Thank you for the response post Heather. Hope you're enjoying your time on the PNF.

I find your perception (based on my present interpretation of your posts) of the paranormal and psychic occurrence to be refreshing. Most - but not all - people would accept that "psychic" is a subset of "paranormal"; and, you seem to have a more specific separation between the two kinds of occurrences. That's interesting to me.

Do either of my interpretations below come close(er) to how you differentiate the two?

a. Paranormal occurrences happen outside of you or around you; while psychic occurrences happen inside of you.

b. Paranormal occurrences are those things which don't seem to have much of an impact on you; while psychic occurrences are those which do touch you or impact you in a more personal and/or meaningful way.

Reactions: Heather
I've even knew the phone was going to ring before it did. It just feels like my intuition is REALLY strong. I still surprise myself at times.

Meant to comment too Heather on your point about how strong your intuition is and how surprised you can be by that.

If you are on an arc similar to my own - my first confirmed psychic "hits" were at 16 and then grew rapidly in breadth, depth, and frequency - then you are in for some wild ride. There were literally years in my life where I didn't go for more than just a few days without receipt of some info psychically. I eventually got used to it but not to the point of ignoring it - just simply accepting that it is happening.

For me, the hardest part was accepting that I might/could/would unknowingly learning something very personal about another person. I just had to acknowledge internally that I would choose to never act upon that information in any potentially harmful ways.

Great thread, fantastic ! I like the idea that a psychic experience happens with in your own head. The brain being either the broadcaster or the receiver. Paranormal would happen outside of the body, but still perceived by the brain.
Another distinction could be expecting the unexpected. Vs its opposite. Nobody ever expects to see Bigfoot but some people have.

Thank you for the response post Heather. Hope you're enjoying your time on the PNF.

I find your perception (based on my present interpretation of your posts) of the paranormal and psychic occurrence to be refreshing. Most - but not all - people would accept that "psychic" is a subset of "paranormal"; and, you seem to have a more specific separation between the two kinds of occurrences. That's interesting to me.

Do either of my interpretations below come close(er) to how you differentiate the two?

a. Paranormal occurrences happen outside of you or around you; while psychic occurrences happen inside of you.

b. Paranormal occurrences are those things which don't seem to have much of an impact on you; while psychic occurrences are those which do touch you or impact you in a more personal and/or meaningful way.
Good definitions, WandS.