Have you ever had....

Where I was raised poison oak and ivy are everywhere. I have wallowed in it and never had a reaction of any kind that I can remember... When we moved to where we live now I assumed that there was nothing to worry about. WRONG!!!! We have the poison sumac here and it ate me up until I learned how to avoid it. After a while, I seemed to gain a similar immunity to it as I did to poison oak and Ivy. I have not had a problem with it for a long time now.
Sorry to hear you had such a time with it! But good to see you, Dan. Missed you around here.

Reactions: 7Critter
It's that time of year. We are about to see Poison Ivy, Oak, and Sumac.

HAVE YOU EVER HAD A CASE OF POISON IVY, OAK OR SUMAC?
HOW BAD WAS IT?
Anyone you know have a bad case?

Here's how to ID this stuff.

View attachment 39900

The problem is they look like so many other woodsy plants.

Reactions: Paintman
Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
I had a similar experience with nettles the first summer after we'd moved to the country, I was 8. I've never gotten that. Years later I was offered a cup of nettle tea. I passed.
I would pass on that tea too. I hate the things. I recognize it now and try to cut them down before they go to seed. The pollen heads on them must spread everywhere. No wonder it is so prolific. The stalks get huge and tall. Worst plant ever in my opinion. It is easy to identify tho. I have a hard time with the ivys.

All three grow here in certain areas, but fortunately I have never been afflicted. Even in my younger days, when I practically lived outdoors on my days off.

Oh yeah ....
Many times.
The pharmacist set me up with an over-the-counter product called Tecnu. It's a two bottle kit. One removes Poison Ivy and Oak oils and the other bottle gives you some relief. There is a Benadryl spray that helps also.
Had it bad two summers ago and had to wear a long sleeve t-shirt and sweatpants for a week. Just so I wouldn't pick at it.
Then I had to wash my bedding and bath towel and clothes everyday.

Reactions: 7Critter