Have you ever had a psychic reading or your fortune told?

Sweet. Promises for future features!

Now that you said, Taiwan, I have another spiritual story of my own. Have to find a relevant page where to bury it cause it has one piece of adult content...we’ll maybe three pieces.

Now I am really curious to hear your other spiritual story.....

Now I am really curious to hear your other spiritual story.....

Jeezie Weezie. Of all the very long walls of text - this deserving story is not going to be the one to get the exact same amount of text Noble. But I will share none the less.

In another PNF.net thread, I shared in some detail how at age 14, I had a total personal melt down/decline after forcibly moving from San Diego to Okinawa, Japan, when my Dad took a civil service posting over there. I also recounted in that thread how many things including alcohol and some drugs were part of that decline. And then after realizing just how bad off my decline was, I choose to straighten up and improve myself. I didn't really detail how that serious change materialized.

As I stated above (and in the other thread) I knew I was in trouble and had to find a way to break the cycle. But my routines helped to keep me in the cycle. So I had to at least temporarily break the routine in order to break the cycle. The only thing I was able to do alone to help myself was to refocus as much energy as possible into my school work. It helped mightily but it wasn't enough by itself.

My family was friends with one of the Air Force Chaplains. Prior to joining the military he had lived as part of a monastic order - I apologize that though I knew back then which order, I don't recall it 40 years later. He had monk-ly brothers who were living and working in the mountains of Taiwan. So we discussed sending me there for a short time to get me away from my problematic routine lifestyles.

I was going to be gone for two weeks; so my parents made me the Chaplain's legal ward. He and I flew to Taipei, Taiwan, and then drove out of the city and up into the mountains. Again, I don't recall the name of the village either. The only Mandarin Chinese words I learned were 'Please'. 'Thank you', 'Yes', and 'No.' I didn't attempt to identify any proper names except for Taipei, because I was being ferried around by the Chaplain; and, the word 'Taipei' was on my travel orders.

The village was at a very high altitude. There was a constant fog over the area along with the constant smell of sulfur. The village wasn't more than a dozen brick homes surrounding a rice field. I was invited into a home there, given the opportunity to pray and worship (Christianity) frequently, and worked in the fields for most of each day when there was enough light. The thickest fog could obscure view for hours at a time. The change of venue made it possible for me to return to my former (per-Okinawa) self and quickly too. The Chaplain decided that there was no reason to stay for the full two weeks so we made arrangements to leave on the tenth day.

But before we left, and while the Chaplain was in Taipei on business, I slipped out of my guest home and had my first sexual experience with a young village woman. She certainly wasn't younger than me; I can only hope for the sake of my soul that she was still of an appropriate age to have given meaningful consent to our actions.

Last edited:
Jeezie Weezie. Of all the very long walls of text - this deserving story is not going to be the one to get the exact same amount of text Noble. But I will share none the less.

In another PNF.net thread, I shared in some detail how at age 14, I had a total personal melt down/decline after forcibly moving from San Diego to Okinawa, Japan, when my Dad took a civil service posting over there. I also recounted in that thread how many things including alcohol and some drugs were part of that decline. And then after realizing just how bad off my decline was, I choose to straighten up and improve myself. I didn't really detail how that serious change materialized.

As I stated above (and in the other thread) I knew I was in trouble and had to find a way to break the cycle. But my routines helped to keep me in the cycle. So I had to at least temporarily break the routine in order to break the cycle. The only thing I was able to do alone to help myself was to refocus as much energy as possible into my school work. It helped mightily but it wasn't enough by itself.

My family was friends with one of the Air Force Chaplains. Prior to joining the military he had lived as part of a monastic order - I apologize that though I knew back then which order, I don't recall it 40 years later. He had monk-ly brothers who were living and working in the mountains of Taiwan. So we discussed sending me there for a short time to get me away from my problematic routine lifestyles.

I was going to be gone for two weeks; so my parents made me the Chaplain's legal ward. He and I flew to Taipei, Taiwan, and then drove out of the city and up into the mountains. Again, I don't recall the name of the village either. The only Mandarin Chinese words I learned were 'Please'. 'Thank you', 'Yes', and 'No.' I didn't attempt to identify any proper names except for Taipei, because I was being ferried around by the Chaplain; and, the word 'Taipei' was on my travel orders.

The village was at a very high altitude. There was a constant fog over the area along with the constant smell of sulfur. The village wasn't more than a dozen brick homes surrounding a rice field. I was invited into a home there, given the opportunity to pray and worship (Christianity) frequently, and worked in the fields for most of each day when there was enough light. The thickest fog could obscure view for hours at a time. The change of venue made it possible for me to return to my former (per-Okinawa) self and quickly too. The Chaplain decided that there was no reason to stay for the full two weeks so we made arrangements to leave on the tenth day.

But before we left, and while the Chaplain was in Taipei on business, I slipped out of my guest home and had my first sexual experience with a young village woman. She certainly wasn't younger than me; I can only hope for the sake of my soul that she was still of an appropriate age to have given meaningful consent to our actions.
That was a transformitive expierence for sure! Glad you got a handle on things.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman

Sounds like the town of Pei Tou. It is the only town in Taiwan that smells like sulphur due to the hot springs there. Also, the girls/women in Pei Tou were quite famous for their "special services"-but usually for a price:eek:. Now it is no longer the case there.

The California psychic asked for a "donation-$25, before he would do the reading. I had driven to California with some friends, and they wanted to meet this "famed" psychic. I was the last of our group to go in. He obviously knew where we were from I am sure, due to the others ahead of me. The first thing he said was that I was NOT involved or of the Religion that I actually am. I flat out told him he was wrong, and he challenged my answer by asking "Are you sure-and just not joking with me?" His aura was also pure evil. It really jumped out. I also got the distinct feeling that this person was a molester. Many of the comments he made to me just confirmed it to me. Now, I only stayed in the room for maybe 3 minutes until I told him the session was over and I was leaving. His last comment to me was something to the effect... "you know about me, don't you".... really evil person.

Now in Taiwan, the Chinese "fortuneteller" was introduced to me. He told me he could read my future, but would not take a penny for doing it. Curious, I said ok. He took my D.O.B. and I believe the time of birth (40 years ago so I am not sure on that part). He told me to return in 24 hours, as he would have to convert those dates and times to match what the date and time would have been in Taiwan at the time. Anyway, his "report" was stunning as it included parts of my past (no one in Taiwan knew me or would have known anything about me, other than I was a Caucasian foreigner who could speak beautiful Mandarin Chinese and was researching "true Chinese ghost stories". Without going into more detail, he said I had the gift to fight evil and repel evil spirits. He also told me things that happened throughout the next 35 years or so. Now, these were things that at the time almost seemed laughable-but then came true. Oh well, I am late for work.

This is a really great read Noble, Xiexie. Your post shows the extreme ends of how these readings can go. But I’m glad you had a great experience among the others.

Reactions: NobleHouse and Debi
Sounds like the town of Pei Tou. It is the only town in Taiwan that smells like sulphur due to the hot springs there. Also, the girls/women in Pei Tou were quite famous for their "special services"-but usually for a price:eek:. Now it is no longer the case there.

It could be the same place Noble. I tried to do some related googling including some map research today to try to confirm. But I can’t tell as I was too houng, it was too long ago, and I was traveling in 2D on the ground. The maps don’t seem to help. However, the photos I ran across of the mountain view’s look almost identical to what I recall.

Kind of nice to know we’ve treaded in some familiar territories.