Have you ever had a psychic reading or your fortune told?

I have only gone to one person. I went back to see him three times. He was an old man that used to read for celebrities but in his retirement he was doing psysic parties. One of my friends booked him and invited me. It was a donation not a fee. He was shockingly accurate and told me a couple things nobody but my husband and my self knew. It was about the circumstances of my daughters birth. She was a very difficult delivery and I thought I was going to die. I gave specific instructions to my husband in what to do with the baby. This man recited them almost to the letter.

So when my circle of friends booked him for future parties I was sure to go. The other times I used my time to discuss religious beliefs and asked him questions about his. We became friends of a sort. He was in his late 70 s back in the early 90s so he is no doubt passed on now. I decided it was not good to know the future and we just had fun discussions. He did warn me that lindsey was gifted. She was about 3 at the time. He was right on all accounts.

I have been to both a psychic in California and to a Chinese fortune teller when I worked in Taiwan. The psychic was very evil, and very wrong on everything he said.

The Chinese fortune teller was shockingly accurate. ....I have to go back to work. Will go into some details tonight.

Sweet. Promises for future features!

Now that you said, Taiwan, I have another spiritual story of my own. Have to find a relevant page where to bury it cause it has one piece of adult content...we’ll maybe three pieces.

I have only gone to one person. I went back to see him three times. He was an old man that used to read for celebrities but in his retirement he was doing psysic parties. One of my friends booked him and invited me. It was a donation not a fee. He was shockingly accurate and told me a couple things nobody but my husband and my self knew. It was about the circumstances of my daughters birth. She was a very difficult delivery and I thought I was going to die. I gave specific instructions to my husband in what to do with the baby. This man recited them almost to the letter.

So when my circle of friends booked him for future parties I was sure to go. The other times I used my time to discuss religious beliefs and asked him questions about his. We became friends of a sort. He was in his late 70 s back in the early 90s so he is no doubt passed on now. I decided it was not good to know the future and we just had fun discussions. He did warn me that lindsey was gifted. She was about 3 at the time. He was right on all accounts.

Repeated results especially from the same source sounds reassuring.

Reactions: Lynne
Lynne, you and I share a similar outlook. While I'm not necessarily looking for clues about the future, if something comes to me in a dream, I'll pay extra attention. Hope I have the courage to act on it.
And Lynne, your story is one for the books.
Item #3. My mentor in grad school was an old family friend, an analyst (psycho), his office was next to Dad's. Psychic, an ordained Reverand, and an all around fun man. He hosted the table tip episode.:)
He was ..... One heckuva education ! It was like Karl Jung's sat you down and told you stuff. But a real task master, and I've learned to appreciate that.:)

Lynne, you and I share a similar outlook. While I'm not necessarily looking for clues about the future, if something comes to me in a dream, I'll pay extra attention. Hope I have the courage to act on it.
And Lynne, your story is one for the books.
Item #3. My mentor in grad school was an old family friend, an analyst (psycho), his office was next to Dad's. Psychic, an ordained Reverand, and an all around fun man. He hosted the table tip episode.:)
He was ..... One heckuva education ! It was like Karl Jung's sat you down and told you stuff. But a real task master, and I've learned to appreciate that.:)
These people come into our lives at the right times to teach us and set us on the right paths.

My turn to share. I have had three different persons do readings for me one time each. The first reading was way back in the late-1980s. The other two readings occurred in 2003 just about a week apart.

A small part of the last of the three readings was quickly related at the end of my post this week about being outed and slandered by a coven High Priestess.

I’d like to recount here info from the first of these three readings - the one from the 80s. It was the shortest and possibly the most intriguing from a premonitions perspective.

I went with three very mundane friends to a massive, open fortune telling event in a hall about 1/2 the size of football field. There were certainly many dozens of psychics there if not more than a hundred. Basically, you pay a flat fee - I think it might have been $25 or so - and then stroll down the walkways and pick a psychic.

My friends and I arrived after 4:30 and the event was scheduled to end at 5:00. I paid my fee and started shopping. My friends scattered in other directions. I think I probably just picked the first psychic who wasn’t already tied up and extended my hand for a shake. She was middle aged and polite. However she immediately admitted that she had had a long day, was really quite tired, might not be able to perform, and offered me the chance to reconsider and choose another reader. I heard sincerity in her voice and decided to push her to her limits; so I took the seat across a folding table from her.

She asked to hold my hand but asked no probing questions. I made a real attempt to not reveal anything about me at all; and, I didn’t ask her to focus on anything specific. It is possible she was guessing, making stuff up, or getting unconscious clues from me but she offered only the follow few inputs in very quick succession (accurately paraphrased I believe).

You will be traveling very soon.
You will be traveling for business.
You will be away from home at a difficult time.
You will be torn at that time between your commitment to your family and your commitment to your job.
I can’t see anything more.

It wasn’t more than a month later I was sent to Texas to work with an important and problematic client. A new employee was sent with me in order to learn from the master. My company had laid a boatload of risk on my shoulders with just one weeks time to clean up as many issues as possible and impart as much experience in the newbie as I could.

The two of us traveled from San Diego to San Antonio midday on Sunday in preparation to work with our client bright and early on Monday. I called my Mom that evening to say “Hello” and to let her and my Dad know I’d arrived safely. My Mom told me my Dad had a massive heart attack that afternoon and was hospitalized in critical condition.

After talking with my Mom, I consulted with my traveling companion next about the situation, then my boss, and lastly my client. It was plainly obvious to all parties that I was struggling balancing the criticality of all of those commitments.

Though I thought the psychics’ first two statements were too sweeping to be considered “hits”. The way she delivered the third, and even more so the last, statements leaves me believing she did see some part of my actual future.

Last edited:
My turn to share. I have had three different persons do readings for me one time each. The first reading was way back in the late-1980s. The other two readings occurred in 2003 just about a week apart.

A small part of the last of the three readings was quickly related at the end of my post this week about being outed and slandered by a coven High Priestess.

I’d like to recount here info from the first of these three readings - the one from the 80s. It was the shortest and possibly the most intriguing from a premonitions perspective.

I went with three very mundane friends to a massive, open fortune telling event in a hall about 1/2 the size of football field. There were certainly many dozens of psychics there if not more than a hundred. Basically, you pay a flat fee - I think it might have been $25 or so - and then stroll down the walkways and pick a psychic.

My friends and I arrived after 4:30 and the event was scheduled to end at 5:00. I paid my fee and started shopping. My friends scattered in other directions. I think I probably just picked the first psychic who wasn’t already tied up and extended my hand for a shake. She was middle aged and polite. However she immediately admitted that she had had a long day, was really quite tired, might not be able to perform, and offered me the chance to reconsider and choose another reader. I heard sincerity in her voice and decided to push her to her limits; so I took the seat across a folding table from her.

She asked to hold my hand but asked no probing questions. I made a real attempt to not reveal anything about me at all; and, I didn’t ask her to focus on anything specific. It is possible she was guess, making stuff up, or getting unconscious clues from me but she offered only the follow few inputs (actually paraphrased I believe).

You will be traveling very soon.
You will be traveling for business.
You will be away from home at a difficult time.
You will be torn at that time between your commitment to your family and your commitment to your job.
I can’t see anything more.

It wasn’t more than a month later I was sent to Texas to work with an important and problematic client. A new employee was sent with me in order to learn from the master. My company had laid a boatload of risk on my shoulders with just one weeks time to clean up as many issues as possible and impart as much experience in the newbie as I could.

The two of us traveled from San Diego to San Antonio midday on Sunday in preparation to work with our client bright and early on Monday. I called my Mom that evening to say “Hello” and to let her and my Dad know I’d arrived safely. My Mom told me my Dad had a massive heart attack that afternoon and was hospitalized in critical condition.

After talking with my Mom, I consulted with my traveling companion next about the situation, then my boss, and lastly my client. It was plainly obvious to all parties that I was struggling balancing the criticality of all of those commitments.

Though I thought the psychics’ first two statements were too sweeping to be considered “hits”. The way she delivered the third, and even more so the last, statements leaves me believing she did see some part of my future.
So we get to know what you chose to do ?

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
So we get to know what you chose to do ?

I am so sorry for being that dense Lynne. I didn’t intend that kind of closure to be an important part of the post but I trust your interest so I’ll share.

I cried every moment I was alone, called my Mom every few hours, repeatedly apologized to my coworker and my boss and my client. And, I took it day by day. I stuck out the entire long, long, very long week with my client but the two of us left Texas on the very first earlier late afternoon flight I could rebook us on on Friday.

I was so relieved to be back with my Dad at the hospital on Friday night. He understood how I felt and the difficult choices I had to make.

I don’t think I ever told my family about the psychic reading though.

Two years later, that client’s senior director who was also their CPA at the time of my visit left that organization and came to work for my employer. Thought she did not report directly to me, we had the great fortune to work together closely on several projects and there was always a mutually deep respect for each other. I was the Project Manager for most of those projects and she always committed to do the greatest quality work possible in support of our shared goals.

Here’s a nearly ranting post relevant to the thread.

Wanted to share my thoughts on a medium I listened to last week. She was a guest on a podcast I was listening to from mid-2016.

The podcast host talked with his guest the medium about her experiences and work for 30 minutes. Then in the second half hour he turned her on to several call-in audience members; she provided the callers with ad hoc “mini readings”. In each instance she asked them if there was a specific area of interest for her to focus on before she started her reading.

At this time, I don’t want to reveal the medium’s name because I don’t want her to search me out and harass me for stating my views. So let me also state here that I clearly do not believe, nor suspect, nor infer that this medium was acting fraudulently nor insincerely. I believe the medium was sharing info that she truly suspected came to her from the paranormal sources which she specifically stated she was communicating with.

However, after listening to the podcast twice, there was nothing that this medium shared in that second half hour that I believe could not also be reasonably and accurately mimicked or simulated by a stage magician or illusionist using what is typically referred to as cold reading techniques. I would find it incredibly easy to take any of her statements from that podcast and find a random recording of an admitted cold reading that contained nearly the exact same phrases. I didn’t hear her say anything in that half hour that sounded like any real psychically acquired information. I am convinced I could replicate something completely similar with other random callers even without using any psychic gifts. (Note: for those who haven’t read many of my earlier posts here, I am in fact very psychic but with nearly no conscious control over what info I receive nor when. So for me to call that a gift is a stretch. It is more like an affliction.)

I have my own increasingly convincing (to me) theory on most but not all mediums psychic readings - especially those seen on TV shows popular in the USA in the late 1990s and into the early 2000s. Again, here I’m not naming names on purpose. I’ll elect to share that theory in a separate post within this same thread later.

However, that 30 minute podcast session, if taken out of context, would sound to me like the bull poop spouted by just about any random scamster psychic.

In my opinion, that specific 30 minute segment was not a good demonstration for this medium’s meaningful psychic skills.

I might reveal the podcast episode if anyone shows real interest. But I won’t just elect to post it on my own without some prompting first.

Last edited: