Have you ever had a psychic reading or your fortune told?

WitchAndShaman

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
The Crew and visitors here at the PNF.net are interested in your own experiences on this subject.

Sometimes the results of this kind of event can be very personal. So be as discreet as you like; we are a family-friendly forum after all.

Here are some relevant questions to help get your creative juices going just in case you need a little push.

Why did you have the reading - had a specific question you needed input on, wanted to know more about your future, seemed like something fun to do?

Where or how did you find your psychic?

How much time did you have with the psychic?

What method or tool was used - your palm, bumps on your head, a crystal ball, tea leaves, tarot cards, runes, pendulum?

Were you alone with the psychic or did you have a friend or family member with you?

Did you learn any meaningful news from, or have anything surprising revealed by, the psychic?

What is your general impression from that specific reading - was it a worthwhile experience, would you have another reading, do you routinely consult with a psychic?

Or maybe, you are a psychic who provides readings. Share your experiences with us. In this case, we understand and respect that the anonymity of the reading subject is critical of course.

Last edited:
Good questions, WandS. I have never had a psychic reading or fortune told. I have thought about it from time to time, but I keep thinking about what my sister told me years ago. She sat down with a fortune teller. As they started the process, the host said "Edith does not want me to do the reading." Edith is our deceased grandmother and was on the other side at the time.

Good questions, WandS. I have never had a psychic reading or fortune told. I have thought about it from time to time, but I keep thinking about what my sister told me years ago. She sat down with a fortune teller. As they started the process, the host said "Edith does not want me to do the reading." Edith is our deceased grandmother and was on the other side at the time.

Well that kind of statement could put the kibosh on just about any reading.

I don't want to pry 7; but if it is not too personal, did anything traumatic happen in your Sister's life - or your larger family's life - in the immediate future following your Sister's halted reading?

I think that most ethical psychics do have their own routine tactic for asking the readee (possibly made up a noun there - "subject" would work too?) if or how they might want any traumatic news to be revealed to them.

did anything traumatic happen in your Sister's life - or your larger family's life - in the immediate future following your Sister's halted reading?
I don't believe so. This was many many years ago, perhaps 30. If memory serves, she met her future husband about then, so she had good fortune.

I don't believe so. This was many many years ago, perhaps 30. If memory serves, she met her future husband about then, so she had good fortune.

Maybe Grandma Edith thought she had something to share on the matter of that marriage and the psychic intervened to let your Sister stay her own course.

I went to a local psychic who had a show on TV in Florida years ago. I just wanted to see what she came up with. In retrospect of having lived a life since then, I can say she was wrong on pretty much everything. The one thing she did do is something I have made a mental note to NEVER do. She read off of pictures, and she managed to hit on the fact my youngest son was "different". (He's my Aspie.) She then went on to tell me that he would die before he was 18 but this would save him years of sorrow.

Well, he was 5 at the time, and knowing full well she was wrong didn't help stifle that "seed" she had planted in my brain. I silently celebrated his 18th birthday as a release from what I felt was one of the worst things that can be done in any reading.

As someone who can have precog events and "see" for others at times, I have vowed to never "curse" someone with that kind of info. Timelines are too changeable and what may be seen now may not be what occurs. I would give no "burden" to another, especially concerning a child.

I went to a local psychic who had a show on TV in Florida years ago. I just wanted to see what she came up with. In retrospect of having lived a life since then, I can say she was wrong on pretty much everything. The one thing she did do is something I have made a mental note to NEVER do. She read off of pictures, and she managed to hit on the fact my youngest son was "different". (He's my Aspie.) She then went on to tell me that he would die before he was 18 but this would save him years of sorrow.

Well, he was 5 at the time, and knowing full well she was wrong didn't help stifle that "seed" she had planted in my brain. I silently celebrated his 18th birthday as a release from what I felt was one of the worst things that can be done in any reading.

As someone who can have precog events and "see" for others at times, I have vowed to never "curse" someone with that kind of info. Timelines are too changeable and what may be seen now may not be what occurs. I would give no "burden" to another, especially concerning a child.

You seem to have had a run in with a less than ethical psychic too. I wonder how she was ever able to get a TV show with that kind of quality.

I'm happy that you were able to stave off her negative remarks for such a long time. I can only guess those next 13 years with your Son could have been extra emotional if you didn't happen to know better than she did.

Thank you for sharing that raw experience Debi.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Wow Debi. Wow.
The area were Debi and I grew up always had local psychic radio shows. So we was doing Art Bell type shows in the 70's.:)
My Mom visits a medium and he is the real deal. He is out of South Bend, Indiana - Notre Dame. The Indiana one, not the Paris one. The Joe Montana one, not the hunchback one.

I have been to both a psychic in California and to a Chinese fortune teller when I worked in Taiwan. The psychic was very evil, and very wrong on everything he said.

The Chinese fortune teller was shockingly accurate. ....I have to go back to work. Will go into some details tonight.