Have you ever been at a seance?

Hi Edge! (Since we have two "Souls" here I'm going to use Edge if that's OK for quick typing, hon.)

A seance normally involves several people together and led by a psychic or "channel" who will receive messages from spirits called forth from the other side. The channel either then tells the others what the spirit's messages are or may use something like table tapping for the spirits to "spell it out" themselves as yes or no "taps".

Ah, thanks. In that case, I've seen something similar. Though in what I've seen, a person acts as a vessel, so to speak and the entity is summoned within them. It makes them easier to talk to the entities that way. Then someone else "pilots" the session and will be the one who will lead the interaction with the entity, though anyone in attendance can technically talk to it. The process is call Jinn catching, and is apparently controversial even among Islamic exorcists.

Oh, and of course, you can call me Edge if that makes things easier.

Thanks for sharing your own experiences there Debi. There seems to be some correlation between our feelings. I don't have an exact dinner date yet - hungry as heck right now in fact - but I promise an update to the forum afterwards. This could be a different event knowing that I'm going in with shields up this time.

Hi Gang. Sorry for delay in posting and my absence. I have had a extra busy work travel schedule. I’m out of town all next week too. The one week I’m home I end up with severe cold so I’ve been asleep for days.

I wanted to be good to my promise and update you all on my recent visit to Cassadaga. As previously stated, I had an uncertain date for dinner in that sleepy little spiritual camp. The plans firmed up earlier this month and my SO and I met another couple at the hotel for dinner ten days back.

I DEFINITELY planned ahead and did a quick meditation before heading to dinner. I raised my white light shields and got into the car for the three minute ride. Since the road to Cassadaga is only two lanes and very quiet, I felt confident that I could safely drive and, with my eyes on the road, use a tiny part of my consciousness to continue to pull energy into my shield right up to the point I had to park.

We got out of the car and...I didn’t feel anything at all. I didn’t feel like my mind was trying to connect to anything nor was anything reaching out (nor into) me. I even stopped for 30 seconds to crouch down and place my hand on the ground in a few places and to touch one building to see if physical contact would make a connection. Nothing. I was totally disconnected.

When we entered the hotel, we had about a 15 minute wait to be seated. There was a medium doing readings in one corner of the lobby and another medium was gathering up a group of about a dozen visitors for a seance. She took the group upstairs just before we were seated. I asked my SO if she wanted me to tell her if I saw any ghosts during dinner; she did not.

Dinner was a painful two hour event. Only painful because in the combination restaurant and bar area there was a piano player entertaining at the very top of his voice. The four of us had to very literally yell at each other to have a conversation. I was only sitting about 18” from my SO and I could not hear her side of the conversations at all. Just because of that, I would never go back to the restaurant there unless I knew in advance that there would be no musical performances at the same time.

The seance apparently took two hours too as the medium was leading the same group of people down the stairs just as we walked out of the restaurant.

On the paranormal side, I still was feeling psi-free even two hours later. I didn’t sense anything at all the entire time. As we exited the hotel my SO did ask if I saw any ghosts. I told her “No” and shared that she didn’t see any either.

So for experiential purposes, I’ll have to build up some nerve and drive back over to Cassadaga alone on a random weekend day - this time without any shields - to see what I experience.

Alright, I’m off on another business trip all next week. I hope to catch up on reading your posts during the weekend.

Be well everyone.

Reactions: Paintman
Hi Gang. Sorry for delay in posting and my absence. I have had a extra busy work travel schedule. I’m out of town all next week too. The one week I’m home I end up with severe cold so I’ve been asleep for days.

I wanted to be good to my promise and update you all on my recent visit to Cassadaga. As previously stated, I had an uncertain date for dinner in that sleepy little spiritual camp. The plans firmed up earlier this month and my SO and I met another couple at the hotel for dinner ten days back.

I DEFINITELY planned ahead and did a quick meditation before heading to dinner. I raised my white light shields and got into the car for the three minute ride. Since the road to Cassadaga is only two lanes and very quiet, I felt confident that I could safely drive and, with my eyes on the road, use a tiny part of my consciousness to continue to pull energy into my shield right up to the point I had to park.

We got out of the car and...I didn’t feel anything at all. I didn’t feel like my mind was trying to connect to anything nor was anything reaching out (nor into) me. I even stopped for 30 seconds to crouch down and place my hand on the ground in a few places and to touch one building to see if physical contact would make a connection. Nothing. I was totally disconnected.

When we entered the hotel, we had about a 15 minute wait to be seated. There was a medium doing readings in one corner of the lobby and another medium was gathering up a group of about a dozen visitors for a seance. She took the group upstairs just before we were seated. I asked my SO if she wanted me to tell her if I saw any ghosts during dinner; she did not.

Dinner was a painful two hour event. Only painful because in the combination restaurant and bar area there was a piano player entertaining at the very top of his voice. The four of us had to very literally yell at each other to have a conversation. I was only sitting about 18” from my SO and I could not hear her side of the conversations at all. Just because of that, I would never go back to the restaurant there unless I knew in advance that there would be no musical performances at the same time.

The seance apparently took two hours too as the medium was leading the same group of people down the stairs just as we walked out of the restaurant.

On the paranormal side, I still was feeling psi-free even two hours later. I didn’t sense anything at all the entire time. As we exited the hotel my SO did ask if I saw any ghosts. I told her “No” and shared that she didn’t see any either.

So for experiential purposes, I’ll have to build up some nerve and drive back over to Cassadaga alone on a random weekend day - this time without any shields - to see what I experience.

Alright, I’m off on another business trip all next week. I hope to catch up on reading your posts during the weekend.

Be well everyone.
We have missed you Wands!! I forgot you were off on a trip. Thanks for the update. At least your out seeing new things. Keep us posted.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
We have missed you Wands!! I forgot you were off on a trip. Thanks for the update. At least your out seeing new things. Keep us posted.

Thanks for the warm return hug Lynne. I've missed you guys. It's been brutal for me. Since I'm traveling next week I'll be here very sporadically until my return home the following weekend.

Happy Valentines Day to all. I won't be here to see all the fun posts.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman

Be well everyone.
Thanks for catching us up and safe travels !

Thanks for the warm return hug Lynne. I've missed you guys. It's been brutal for me. Since I'm traveling next week I'll be here very sporadically until my return home the following weekend.

Happy Valentines Day to all. I won't be here to see all the fun posts.
Stop in when you can.