Have any....

Many years ago my grandmother told me that when she was a kid a bright glowing ball flew through the open window into her room. flew around the room, went under her bed and then went back out the window.

My other grandmother was an immigrant from Italy where she was a witch who cast spells and sold potions and whatnot. After she arrived in the USA her church told her she had to stop.

When I was in my teens a couple of older friends of the family told me of BF encounters in Northern California. One crossed the road in front of his car, the other was seen on a hillside near an old abandoned mine. Both were as per the usual BF descriptions.

Another told me of waking up at night and seeing a small leprechaun type being in his bedroom watching him.

There were probably other stories but I can't think of them right now.

Last edited:
I was asking Duke, but your story is interesting Ozentity. I wonder if they had any health complications after their close encounter, and also if something else happened that they weren't consciously aware of. A disturbance that silenced them.

I remember watching a doco a couple of years ago about a UFO sighting by multiple people at a school here,I can't remember if it was in Sydney or what year but I think it was the 50's or 60's.I'll try and google some info.I 100% believe my relatives on this.

I think you are talking about Westall School, I think that was the mid 60s. I heard a podcast on that sighting, they interviewed one of the kids who was there.

I was asking Duke, but your story is interesting Ozentity. I wonder if they had any health complications after their close encounter, and also if something else happened that they weren't consciously aware of. A disturbance that silenced them.
My grandad died at 57 from cancer,my uncle lived until 82 despite weighing 27 stone.Who knows what affect it had on them and I don't know why they didn't speak of it.Even when unc was dying he still gave up nothing when I asked about it.

Many strange stories have come down through my dads side. I’ve told this here before but in brief , my dad saw what we probably now refer to as a bigfoot. He and two friends witnessed this in rural Mi back in the late 40s (guessing he was about 12). They witnessed a car pull down the lane, two men got out and helped a huge creature out of the back seat. They took off running. It was night time also. Farm animals started coming up missing and mutilated in the area for a while after.

No, not from any relative I ever knew. My father was always very reserved about himself and the past. My mother was definitely a "sensitive". But she never went into much detail. I believe it was just fear over what others would think. I'm guessing that she had been judged or invalidated too many times in her life to ever risk bringing these things up again in front of others. What "abilities" I do have, I most certainly received from her.

Reactions: ozentity
My gran and her siblings grew up in the old Free State town of Parys (the Afrikaans term for Paris) and the house they stayed (built circa 1890s) in was situated on, what is now, Wes Street. They all claimed to have experienced something at least once and in general the house had a very terrifying feel to it. One of her brothers (born 1945) said he experienced an unseen force open and close one of the windows. From what he described, the window could only be opened by unhooking a latch, pushing it outwards and then lifting it up (or something like that). I know it was some complicated method and wind couldn't blow it open or closed, but he said he saw the window go through this process to open and then close again by itself as a kid and it freaked him out.

The house was eventually demolished in the 1980s and the property subdivided into what now forms the suburban neighborhood that runs along Wes street. The interesting thing is that to this day a lot of home owners in that street don't stay long before moving out, and their reasons are often because of paranormal experiences. I know Wes street also feeds into the town cemetery which is next to Bree Street (a busy main road that cuts through the town), and I recall reading that cemeteries within close proximity to busy roads often result in heightened paranormal activity.

I’ll offer a very abbreviated version of a much longer story.

Before I was born, my family (of four) lived in the Broadmoor District of Colorado.

They had several paranormal experiences in a residential rental there. The reality of those experiences were substantiated by the owner when my family moved out as they learned the owners’ grandparents committed suicide in the attic of the house.

Fast forward 20+ years, my family (including 14 year old me) was one day away from deployment from USA to Okinawa, Japan. I was compelled that same day to go to the public library and find and checkout (remember, I was leaving the country the next day) a book about the Broadmoor District.

My Dad had a heart attack that night delaying our trip by one month - enough time for me to read the book and return it to the library.

Seems per that book that a material section of the Broadmoor area is haunted.

Editing to add personal observation: I’ve stated repeatedly on the PNF that my psychic self was realized at age 16. Seems that I was experiencing psychic stuff earlier - at age 14 at least - as I believe my compulsion was driven by (at least then unrecognized) psychic info.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
My great-grandfather was a water witch and dowsed water for people and even the city and county. He also witched warts off of people and probably was clairvoyant. Lots of stories about him warning people about things. Some people learned the hard way not to ignore him if he offered a warning. Unfortunately knowing that something bad is going to happen doesn't always mean that you can do anything to prevent it. Like many of us with this "gift" it can be a heavy burden and depression seems to all too often go hand in hand with it. Knowing too much about the future can so easily rob you of the pleasure in the present. All of his 7 sons but one died before him. That one made it to 52 before he died of a stroke. He drank heavily and was depressed much of his adult life. I personally am not sure that I would wish the "gift" on anyone that I cared for. I was pleased that I had no sons. The women of this line live long lives but then several had sons that committed suicide.

"Have any of your senior (or now deceased) family members every told you of a paranormal or otherwise strange experience?"

(Thanks to Duke for the question.)

Not to me directly, but days before my mother passed last year she kept telling my sister that she hears "sweet music" and "seeing" deceased family members.