Have any of you tried Automatic Writing

TexDanm

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I write a lot and do it pretty much effortlessly. In various places online I have posted over a half million words this year so far.

Sometimes I will just relax and let the words sort of flow without a lot of thought and have had a few interesting experiences. Some of this is sort of paranormal but a lot of it is some sort of subconscious creativity I think. I used to write a lot of fiction and I did a lot of this in a flow. It is a very odd experience when your characters seem to take on a life of their own and surprise you. I never plotted out my stories and just let my creativity just tell me a story.

One of the strange things to me is that when I write I don't always write as a male. I used to write romances under a female pseudonym for a couple of online groups. I didn't deserve them I just explained that when I wrote romances I did it in a female persona. I actually met some of them and they were surprised somewhat when I walked in. I'm 6'2" weigh about 200 lbs and am not even a little feminine or gay. Nonetheless, there is within me a more gentle side that seems to be able to express itself only in my writing.

It makes you feel a little bit schizophrenic. I can sometimes channel an older Wiseman that gives good advice. I sort of believe that in a previous life I might have been female and that is where some of this comes from. I believe that we are immortal

More later maybe gotta run...

I write a lot and do it pretty much effortlessly. In various places online I have posted over a half million words this year so far.

Sometimes I will just relax and let the words sort of flow without a lot of thought and have had a few interesting experiences. Some of this is sort of paranormal but a lot of it is some sort of subconscious creativity I think. I used to write a lot of fiction and I did a lot of this in a flow. It is a very odd experience when your characters seem to take on a life of their own and surprise you. I never plotted out my stories and just let my creativity just tell me a story.

One of the strange things to me is that when I write I don't always write as a male. I used to write romances under a female pseudonym for a couple of online groups. I didn't deserve them I just explained that when I wrote romances I did it in a female persona. I actually met some of them and they were surprised somewhat when I walked in. I'm 6'2" weigh about 200 lbs and am not even a little feminine or gay. Nonetheless, there is within me a more gentle side that seems to be able to express itself only in my writing.

It makes you feel a little bit schizophrenic. I can sometimes channel an older Wiseman that gives good advice. I sort of believe that in a previous life I might have been female and that is where some of this comes from. I believe that we are immortal

More later maybe gotta run...
Yes. Years and years ago I was quite into it. I tried putting myself into a trance and letting the pen wander and I tried just writing with no thought. The most interesting thing was when I was really into clubs and parties, when I got home (really out of my skull) I'd pick up the book I wrote in and just write in a stream of consciousness. The next day I rarely remembered what I'd written and would read whatever had appeared over coffee. It was like getting free weird writing in my style. I may still have it somewhere or other.

Tex, this is something I do almost daily. I seem to channel many of my answers here from a Divine flow of some sort. I just open up and let my fingers go do their thing most times. There have been many, many times I go back and reread after I snap out of it and go, "Did I write that?" or ask myself, "Where did that come from?" This often happens when someone needs spot on information or a certain approach to get a message. Something shifts and there it is.

I've had a few articles published in the past, and each of those was done with this method.

Reactions: Benway and Lynne
I have been known to go back and without looking back up the thread post something that totally disagreed with something that I had posted a month or so before. When I do that I feel a little like that guy in the movie Me Myself and Irene.

I usually like to relax and just think and let my hands write. I call it pondering and often seem to come up with some pretty interesting thoughts on topics that are rather esoteric. I read a lot and often find myself thinking about what I'm reading more than paying attention to what is written. The strange thing is that later when I read it I don't actually remember writing it quite that way. I think that WHO exactly you are, changes with your moods to more of an extent than you realize. When you write it down and read it later you see a slightly different slant on things than you might otherwise have.

I wonder if when I relax my mind and let things flow if it isn't a little like when you do past life regressions. That is another rather odd experience that is well worth experiencing if you can find someone that is trained to lead you through that veil.

I have been known to go back and without looking back up the thread post something that totally disagreed with something that I had posted a month or so before. When I do that I feel a little like that guy in the movie Me Myself and Irene.

I usually like to relax and just think and let my hands write. I call it pondering and often seem to come up with some pretty interesting thoughts on topics that are rather esoteric. I read a lot and often find myself thinking about what I'm reading more than paying attention to what is written. The strange thing is that later when I read it I don't actually remember writing it quite that way. I think that WHO exactly you are, changes with your moods to more of an extent than you realize. When you write it down and read it later you see a slightly different slant on things than you might otherwise have.
With 163,000+ posts I've made on here, and that doesn't count PM's, I know that I have had shifts in belief to some extent. But I have seen the core of my faith and belief stay pretty much the same. My thoughts on the why and how of the paranormal have shifted over the years for sure.

Reactions: ozentity and Benway
With 163,000+ posts I've made on here, and that doesn't count PM's, I know that I have had shifts in belief to some extent. But I have seen the core of my faith and belief stay pretty much the same. My thoughts on the why and how of the paranormal have shifted over the years for sure.
I find myself identifying with this phenomenon too. I don’t claim to have a physic bone but I have noticed when reading back old posts I’ve made and feeling dissociated with them. My core beliefs like Debi says remain the constant.

Reactions: ozentity and Debi
Years have a way of changing the way you see the world. Over the years my core beliefs have changed a lot. As I learned and experienced things it gave me a different perspective on so many things. Going from one of the kids to the old man of the family as those before you pass away has to change you. The things that were so important to you when you were 18 are meaningless when you are 35 and then change again as you pass 60.

The change in our culture from what it was before WW2 into the Vietnam era and now into the Iraq conflicts have each left their mark on the people of that time. My Father lived from riding a horse to school through a man on the moon. the biggest change for his generation was reliable birth control. I think the biggest change in my lifetime has been the wide-open information age that computers and the internet have brought about. When I was 20 the world shut down at midnight. The TV stations played the national anthem and went off. I have always been a nightcrawler. Back then I would walk the swamps and streets from midnight to about 3 or 4 in the morning. I was alone and there just wasn't anything that I could do about it. I worked from 3:30 to Midnight for years. Now at night I am on this computer pestering and visiting with people all over the world.

Whatever interests you there is a forum out there so you don't have to be alone. I have made a lot of real friends and several that I travel to see pretty often. while I don't like the way kids and a lot of adults use their phones constantly these days I do understand that they have something that I wished for when I was young. They are never as alone as I was.

As usual, wandered off-topic.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Years have a way of changing the way you see the world. Over the years my core beliefs have changed a lot. As I learned and experienced things it gave me a different perspective on so many things. Going from one of the kids to the old man of the family as those before you pass away has to change you. The things that were so important to you when you were 18 are meaningless when you are 35 and then change again as you pass 60.

The change in our culture from what it was before WW2 into the Vietnam era and now into the Iraq conflicts have each left their mark on the people of that time. My Father lived from riding a horse to school through a man on the moon. the biggest change for his generation was reliable birth control. I think the biggest change in my lifetime has been the wide-open information age that computers and the internet have brought about. When I was 20 the world shut down at midnight. The TV stations played the national anthem and went off. I have always been a nightcrawler. Back then I would walk the swamps and streets from midnight to about 3 or 4 in the morning. I was alone and there just wasn't anything that I could do about it. I worked from 3:30 to Midnight for years. Now at night I am on this computer pestering and visiting with people all over the world.

Whatever interests you there is a forum out there so you don't have to be alone. I have made a lot of real friends and several that I travel to see pretty often. while I don't like the way kids and a lot of adults use their phones constantly these days I do understand that they have something that I wished for when I was young. They are never as alone as I was.

Wander anytime. As an age match to you, I get it. I have been pondering the changes myself recently.

I think our generation has seen some of the biggest "jumps" in change. I look at my grandchildren and wonder what the world looks like to them now and how in the heavens it will change this much for them. It's almost a frightening thought for me.

Reactions: Lynne

I’m thinking we are of the same generation.

Pondering used to be a pretty common thing. When I walked at night my mind traveled far and wide. People used to spend a lot of time doing things that left their minds free while they were physically active. There were no little devices that you could stick in your ear to entertain you. People used to get together and just talk.

When I was little there was a gathering at my house in the front yard nearly every evening in the spring-summer and fall. My mom would lay out a quilt or blanket on the ground in the shade and bring out coffee. The neighbors would come with their kids and we would play while they visited. This was just something that people did then. the house was hot after the cooking and once supper was eaten and the dishes put in the sink to soak you got out and let the house cool off. When there were no airconditioning people spent a lot of their evenings on porches or in the yard. this is where people made their neighbors into friends and eventually almost like family.

People were just more "thoughtful" back then because they had so much more time to think and so few distractions. Even the TV wasn't all that much. For most of my childhood, we only had one channel eventually there were three but even with that, we didn't watch a lot of TV. Other than football and the Wonderful World of Disney Tv was what you did when there wasn't anything else to do like when it rained or was cold outside.

The women were the hearts of the home and the neighborhood. They sort of raised us, kids, communally. When we were out and about whichever Mom was near was THE Mama. They got together every day and worked out how to get the school kids to school and swapped watching the little guys out so they could go shopping without packing up the hoard. People had more kids back then and 4 was normal but some just kept going. We had one family that had 15 kids. They eventually bought the house next door. Can you IMAGINE 6 or 7 people in a three-bedroom house with ONE bathroom?? That was just life back then.

On Thursday our house became the neighborhood beauty shop. I got up and got out early on that day in the summer. The smell of that stuff that they used doing those permanents was BAD. All of this made our neighborhood into a sort of clan. As times changed I remember when the women started going to work. It was shocking at first when Earnest one of or neighbors "LET" Anna take a job. Back then when a woman worked it was sort of seen as shameful and indicated that the man couldn't adequately support his family. Eventually, most of the ladies went to work. Times change.

I know that women's lib has been good for women and improved their lot in life in a lot of ways but I can't help but mourn what was lost. Those women were the homemakers. They were what turned the HOUSE from a place where you slept into a HOME. They were the heart of the family and were the single greatest influence of the personality that the children would grow into. Freedom always has a cost. I fear sometimes that the cost here has been the loss of our soul as a people. Kids are not really raised these days. In all too many cases, they are just warehoused in daycare until they are old enough to send out into the world.

Eventually, I hope that we will restructure. The freedom that the women got with women's lib will in the end also free up the men. I love babies and kids. When my daughter had my Granddaughter they needed her to go back to work after the 6 weeks maternity leave. I got to do something that I had always thought that I would enjoy. I owned my own business and so could do as I wished. I sifted my work to evenings and weekends for one of the best years of my life I said home and took care of my baby. It was a wonderful experience.

They moved in next door to us before the baby was born. That Baby, now 9 buns back and forth between the two houses and pretty much runs things. LOL. She has had the kind of family and care that is not common now. With 4 people giving her the attention that she needs she has flowered into a real person at a young age. She never knows who is going to pick her up from school. We all do it. We spend a lot of time together out in the yard and try to eat on the porch together once or twice a week. Now that she has retired and only works one day week my wife often cooks for both houses. We have friends over a lot and she has a huge extended family of friends Aunts and Uncles that all care for her.

Sometimes the old ways are still the best.