Hauntings on the rise

I believe that a lot of what we call hauntings are a sort of reflection of the unexpressed emotions in a place. These are not true hauntings for an outside source, rather they are more similar to the gentle poltergeist phenomenon. Either that or these same unexpressed emotions attract the attention of less friendly outsiders that didn't have the energy to express themselves until they found this source. Orrrr the phenomenon has always been there but people were too busy and in and out to notice the less notable manifestation. Orrrr Bad times are just good times for spirits and they are partying it up!

Reactions: Debi
I believe that a lot of what we call hauntings are a sort of reflection of the unexpressed emotions in a place. These are not true hauntings for an outside source, rather they are more similar to the gentle poltergeist phenomenon. Either that or these same unexpressed emotions attract the attention of less friendly outsiders that didn't have the energy to express themselves until they found this source. Orrrr the phenomenon has always been there but people were too busy and in and out to notice the less notable manifestation. Orrrr Bad times are just good times for spirits and they are partying it up!
Orrrr a combo of all of that. ;)

more time on our hands to see stuff..like spending more time looking up at the sky...ya see stuff you wouldnt with your nose to the grindstone

Yep, all of the above!

I like it when I can come up with a concise and definitive answer.

Reactions: Debi
I have another possibility. People are sitting around binge-watching all of these ghost hunting shows that are on these days and then getting the creeps and noticing things that have been there all along. Things regularly just fall off of shelves and tables at my house. I've also had a ceiling fan that wasn't running fall in the middle of the night and a mirror in a bathroom take a dive off the wall. I seem to cause things like that where ever I go though so I don't think of it as a haunting. LOL, I can walk up to check out and make the computer register freeze up. It was an ongoing joke with the people that worked the back counter at Walmart. I walked up one day and told the lady that got in line behind me in line that she might be faster to go out upfront because my electric personality usually messed up the cash register. Everybody laughed and then...well the lights went off...just there in the back...

Reactions: Lynne
I have another possibility. People are sitting around binge-watching all of these ghost hunting shows that are on these days and then getting the creeps and noticing things that have been there all along. Things regularly just fall off of shelves and tables at my house. I've also had a ceiling fan that wasn't running fall in the middle of the night and a mirror in a bathroom take a dive off the wall. I seem to cause things like that where ever I go though so I don't think of it as a haunting. LOL, I can walk up to check out and make the computer register freeze up. It was an ongoing joke with the people that worked the back counter at Walmart. I walked up one day and told the lady that got in line behind me in line that she might be faster to go out upfront because my electric personality usually messed up the cash register. Everybody laughed and then...well the lights went off...just there in the back...
That's called SLIder energy. I have the same issue.

I actually have several types of personal phenomenon. I have a lot of strange slider electronic effects but also seem to have more physical effects on the world around me. I used to have several of the old mechanical watches because after a month or so they would just stop. Take them off and put them in a drawer and in a few months they would be functional again. Things fall off of shelves for no reason and things disappear sometimes never to be seen again and sometimes to reappear later someplace that you know you checked before or in some just silly place like keys in the refrigerator. My hearing is into the higher frequencies that most people can't hear and my vision is shifted into the lower frequencies. This offers me great night vision but then the blue headlights on some cars are painfully blinding to me. Those things that they advertise as being able to make the mice nd bugs leave your house, it is an ear-piercing squeal to me and makes me nauseated.

For most of my life, it was a tossup with me whether I was cursed, had my own personal gremlin familiar, or was I just Bat $hi+ crazy. I have since learned that "normal" is very much only a comparison of how like YOU other people are and not a true judgment of you or me. The internet has made it so that we are not so isolated and can find others that can understand our differences.

Reactions: Lynne
I think all of the above. We have had the time to notice what’s happening around us. When we see the paranormal it looks back at us.