Hauntings at my home

Hello all. I saged the house the other day as I heard some activity. That night I slept blissfully. I even had a dream about a woman I’ve never felt more passionately in love with before (she is no longer in my life). I don’t know if telling you all the dream will matter but I im spilling it all so I will go ahead; in the dream she came to me and wanted to hold my hand. That’s pretty much it actually. Just her touching my hand with hers a few times and then the dream ended.

At any rate - last night my girlfriend and her daughter came over. We did a few things out and about: groceries, I bought some more sage and crystals (black tourmaline and rose quartz) then we came home around 9 and got her daughter to bed. I played video games till 10. My girlfriend came down a bit before I finished and she sat on the couch and read her book. Suddenly we heard knocking on the wall 2-3 times which was evidence the spirit is still kicking around the house. The really unnerving part was that when we went up to bed later that morning at 2 am I heard a whisper in my ear of a very young female that simply said my name.

I’m going to sage again. I’m not sure if I’m doing it right. I waited till after I saged before I opened a window. Admittedly I waited quite a while before I ended up opening a window. Maybe too long? If anyone has any steps for saging that are fool proof? I feel like I must be doing something wrong if it’s not leaving. Maybe I’m not praying enough? I have an opportunity to have a medium come to my house and do a cleansing. A few of my friends told me that’s a bad idea but what else am I going to be able to do?

Any guidance from here is much appreciated.
Saging: Open window or you lock the energy in. It needs a route OUT. Start in room farthest from the front door or window that is your goal to push it to. Sage everything...even closests and bathrooms, working your way forward. It is best to use a prayer during this, and another person can read it for you if necessary. I use the St. Michael prayer here and a few Hail Mary's don't hurt at all. Work your way forward to the opening.

Once you are there, you may close the door. The next step is to do a barrier. Holy water crosses over doors and windows, or salt line in doorways and windows. You can even lay a salt circle around your home.

Many people like to pull in positive energy to replace the negative. Use Palo Santo wood for this purpose or sweet grass if you can find it.

Curtis, don't forget...you CAN talk to this entity and tell it to leave. Besides the prayers, you CAN tell it it's not wanted and does not have permission to be there. Tell it this is your home and it is not welcome and to move on.

Reactions: ozentity
I might add clearing out clutter and washing walls clears out stagnate energy. A good house cleaning prior to smudging will help. Playing happy or uplifting spiritual music also lifts the mood and energy.

On a side note how old is your girlfriend daughter ? Teens sometimes trigger poltergist activities.

Reactions: Paintman
Thank you for the replies. I have told it to leave during smudging and even when I’m not smudging but I haven’t smudged to lure it to the open window/door and I’m going to try that. I didn’t have any activity last night and my gf and her daughter were both over. The gfs daughter is 8.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
The spirit is back to its same old shenanigans. There isn’t a prayer or smudging that seems to work and it comes back after a couple of days after any sage. I can’t wrap my head around how it’s able to defy god and not be bothered by all of my holiest of efforts!

The spirit is back to its same old shenanigans. There isn’t a prayer or smudging that seems to work and it comes back after a couple of days after any sage. I can’t wrap my head around how it’s able to defy god and not be bothered by all of my holiest of efforts!
Curtis, we've given you the best advice on the DIY part of how to rid yourself of this, but I once again need to say you are up to the need clergy level intervention if it's still there. These things can and sometimes do hang on, and saging alone isn't gonna always do it.

Forgive me ahead of time for I do not know much about your specific situation. And please do ignore if none of this applies. Yet, you continue to be plagued and have asked for help. So...

It is likely that you are encountering such persistent entities because you are vulnerable. You are vulnerable because there is an imbalance in your life. Imbalances make you weak because you are expending vital energy trying to reconcile forces that are irreconcilable. The origin of this imbalance may come from you directly, be from someone very close to you, or arise from an unhealthy relationship between you and someone close to you. In any case, take an honest inventory of everything going on in your life: money, job, relationship with yourself, relationships with others and so on. Try to address what is wrong, if anything. Do your well-intended best to fix it. The entities will then leave you alone, for they will have nothing left to feed on.

Yes, it takes a bit more work and time than burning sage. But it does address the cause rather than the symptoms. Or, as someone has already alluded; you can't smudge clean a dirty house. And always remember, spirituality is tediously pragmatic.

Reactions: Paintman
It’s important to remember you will get many opinions here. Everyone coming from different backgrounds, education and faiths, take what advice that sounds right to you.

Reactions: Paintman and Paulm
"It is likely that you are encountering such persistent entities because you are vulnerable....
from UltimaThule."

Lots of good advice there even if you are not experiencing a negative entity.
In a nutshell, I always reiterate to keep the Seven Deadly Sins to a bare minimum. In this way you are working with the Clergy.

Reactions: Lynne and Mokey