Haunting of 2010/2011

Vibe-Feeler

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
This next major haunting is by far the most severe compared to the previous two (see Haunting of 2002/2003 (where it all began) and Haunting of 2006/2007). The haunting started shortly after one of our Fox Terriers had passed away and also our last farm yard animal, which was a duck, had also passed away. What also makes this haunting so atypical from the others is that whether I was present or not, paranormal events would take place and be experienced by other people.

A few weeks after the animals' passing, the first event occurred when I distinctly heard a tapping on the carpet in my bedroom, which sounded just like one of the dogs walking on it, and the sound made it's way out my room into the passage (which was tiled) and the sound changed to that of a dog's claws tapping on tiles when it walks. Once out my room, the sound stopped. Although that sound was very distinct, I didn't think much of it. But then at random times after that experience, dog's foot steps could be heard in all parts of the house, sometimes even distinct sniffing sounds but no dogs would be present. The most significant experience regarding these dog sounds was one afternoon, my mom was letting the Yorkshire Terriers in, and normally they come running in the house at full speed. So I was sitting at my computer and I hear a dog run passed my room quickly and into my mom's bedroom. The dogs are not allowed in the bedroom part of the house so I quickly went to get this dog back to the lounge, but when I checked my mom's room there was no dog. As I walked out, only then I saw the Yorkies running into the house. And the thing is these sounds were crystal clear and so distinct, and it was experienced by myself, my mom and a few guests.

It also became common to see objects getting interacted with. The one morning I woke up and went to the kitchen to have breakfast. So I sit at the table, poured some cereal and started eating. While I'm eating, the cereal box in front of me gave off a single loud tap sound and swayed back and forth a bit. I bumped the table (quite hard at one point) to try and recreate that moment and the box didn't move. I tapped the box hard with my finger and I was able to replicate the sound and the motion that I saw the box do unaided. My mom had two experiences at home while I was at school. The first experience she was sitting in the lounge by herself and a bone on the couch that one of the dogs was chewing on last night, thrusted itself off the couch. The bone was almost against the backrest of the couch and landed (according to my mom) about 1.5m (5ft) away from the couch. The next experience she was in the kitchen. On the one side of the kitchen we have a stable door that leads to an adjoining room. The bottom portion has sagged so when closing the bottom portion, it catches and grinds against the step. My mom said she witnessed the bottom door slam shut with significant force, swing open and slam shut again. There was no wind present and when I tested the bottom door, I slammed it shut as hard as I could and because it catches the step, it didn't even move back two inches from the step.
Occasionally objects around the house would get knocked off of surfaces, the most common place being my room. I have a few small objects like USBs and such resting on my computer but I make sure they are not on the edge yet they kept on falling off. One night I had a plate with cutlery resting on my computer and the fork actually tapped against the plate, as though someone lifted the handle a bit and let go.

Occasionally electronics in my room would also act strangely. Phone batteries would go from full charge to almost dead, or the phone itself would randomly restart.

Another strange occurrence was the house alarm would always go off whenever we went out, and it would always get triggered in the passage by the spare room. We checked the alarm sensor there and there were no bugs or anything in that passage that could have triggered the alarm. This kind of thing would happen about once every few months because of a spider or something that crossed the sensor but this time it happened about seven times in two weeks with nothing present. And whenever I was in that part of the house, I would feel a very heavy presence lingering there.

One of the Yorkies, Vicky, also became aware of the presences in the house. Often I would see her in random parts of the house lying on her back and looking up at something when nothing was there. The only time she lies on her back in this manner is when someone gives her attention and then she wants her tummy scratched. She has never done that sort of thing randomly in an empty room before. Another thing about Vicky is that when she gets stressed out, she goes into a seizure. The one night I get into bed and she's lying next to me, and I distinctly heard a vase being dragged back and forth on a cabinet in the lounge (the wall my bed is against separates my room from the lounge). At this point I'm feeling a strong presence and suddenly Vicky starts shaking. I turned the light on and she started having a severe seizure.

What made this haunting more disturbing than the previous hauntings was that this time we suspected there was something twisted manifesting itself. Our last Fox Terrier suddenly became very ill so we took her to the vet and unfortunately she died. The cause was unknown. So we buried her and when we went back into the house. We hadn't put the Yorkies outside yet so they were on the couch and often they would stand on the backrest of the couch. Then we see one of the Yorkies starting to fall off the backrest and no matter how hard he tried to move back to prevent falling, he still fell off. The odd thing was he wasn't at that "point of no return" where he would be unable to back up and he landed square on his head. These dogs have been messing around on the backrest for years not once have they fallen unless one of the other dogs pushed them off, in which case they were still able to brace themselves. So this Yorkie, suffers a concussion and we now rushed him to the vet. But luckily he recovered.

When we got back from the vet, my mom was watering the garden and I was with her chatting, and under one of the bushes I see this white object. So I go to retrieve it and it turned out to be a top part of the skull of one of the Fox Terriers that passed away years ago, quite a distance from the grave. We checked the graves, none of them were disturbed. A few days later we found the partially decomposed corpse of the last duck that died, about 60m (197ft) from the grave. When we investigated the grave, it was not disturbed. Keep in mind we put corrugated iron sheets and a few logs on top of the grave to prevent the Great Dane from digging the duck's body up. When we reopened the grave to bury the duck again, there were no holes or anything that the body could have been dragged through by rats or whatever.

Now around this time my gran had fallen and broke her hip. While recovering she stayed in my room and I slept in a makeshift bed in my mom's room. We had a portable battery operated lamp in the bathroom for my gran to use in case the power went out (which was happening frequently, Google load shedding South Africa). So the one morning I woke up and went to the bathroom, and I see this lamp on the shelf in the bathroom broken at the base and just under the light. But it seems like it was broken using a twisting motion. I asked my mom and she said she saw it and thought I broke it. We asked my gran and she denied breaking it as well, and both my folks would admit if they broke something in the house.

And of course what haunting at my house would be complete without the presences. I'm sure there must have been dozens of entities in the house, because I would pick up different presences, some exuding different feelings than others. There were the usual heavy presences, whenever the dog sounds were heard the presence was calm and non-threatening and a few other presences felt okay (they weren't threatening or heavy, yet I couldn't familiarize myself with them either like with the dogs' presences).

The last event to occur in this haunting was early the one evening in 2011. I was at my computer playing a game online and I suddenly felt this panicky sensation, like I should just get out the room now. But I ignored it and I suddenly feel the hairs at the back of my neck stand up and I felt this weird sensation on my left leg, like something was rubbing it. Now I just assumed it was the cord from my headphones but as I looked to move it, I see it's against my right leg, and I also see the left leg part of my shorts is being slowly pulled up my leg by itself. I was sitting dead still while witnessing this before I jumped up from the chair. I never experienced that feeling, that shock, since the apparition I saw at my bed in 2006.

After that experience, the paranormal activity stopped almost immediately. We didn't hear the dogs any more, the presences subsided, Vicky stopped lying on her back randomly in empty rooms, the alarm stopped getting triggered in the passage, electronics worked normally in my room again and objects were no longer getting interacted with.

The battery operated lamp that we found broken
20170324_105639[1].jpg

The Fox Terrier skull we found in the garden
20170324_105405[1].jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Grace and WGkats
Vibe, sorry I'm a bit delayed in replying today....I have been a busy woman and just got to breathe a bit here! lol

Wanted to comment on the electrical problems you may experience. The group here knows I tend to blow out lightbulbs at a rapid pace. When my emotions are up or my energy is in what I call "chaos" stage, I tend to blow out appliances and electronics, including my computers. Many others who are sensitives or psychics have the same phenomena happen. After all, we're interacting with energy and when we sometimes let them get to wound up, it's like lightning....we can strike anywhere. My hubs has threatened to take out stock in lightbulbs.

Animals...they have an increased sensitivity to entities. They don't have the extra "filters" we humans have. They are wide open to all the senses, and they often see and feel these things before anyone else.

I have had animals come back to visit me, actually leaving pawprints or lifting blankets. I've also been "licked" by a dog on the ankle who had crossed over. This is not uncommon, but many times goes unnoticed by those without abilities.

Not a prob lol. I hope I never damage electronic items like that, if I blow my computer that's R20 000 I don't have but would need to replace it. But that's fascinating, I've never heard of paranormal related electrical interference happen on such a scale.

As with the animals, I sometimes see them randomly look up from wherever they are lying and look out the window or some part of the house in an alert manner when there appears to be nothing there. There was even a stage where Vicky would not even come into my room at night when it was time for her to go to bed.

Reactions: 7Critter
R20 000 = $1608. But given the greed in South Africa and a starting salary which is what I will be getting, that's about 5 months salary saved up provided you don't go out, and you don't pay any utilities, groceries or anything. Including monthly expenses it will take about a year to replace if it happens.

Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying my threads :)

Reactions: 7Critter