Haunted Places

No, in fact, I never did get around to checking out the theatre. I kept the postcard from them. I added it to a collection of bizarre things received in the mail over the past 10 years.

If there didn't seem to be almost a cause-and-effect occurrence - which I'm sure you perceive there is Cat because you've asked for our inputs on same - I'd say this is almost the paper-based version of the "I can tell who's calling me before the phone even rings" effect. Almost like your psychic sense subconsciously recognizes the future incoming snail-mail and that has you acting out to (in this example at least) google the theater before the mail actually arrived.

If there didn't seem to be almost a cause-and-effect occurrence - which I'm sure you perceive there is Cat because you've asked for our inputs on same - I'd say this is almost the paper-based version of the "I can tell who's calling me before the phone even rings" effect. Almost like your psychic sense subconsciously recognizes the future incoming snail-mail and that has you acting out to (in this example at least) google the theater before the mail actually arrived.
This explanation rings true to me. Good input, WandS.

Reactions: Lynne

I agree, except that, unlike the 'I know who's calling' experience, I had no premonition about receiving an invitation from a haunted theatre before I did the search. In fact, I didn't even know the place existed. Apparently, it had been abandoned and closed down many years ago. It has only recently been renovated and re-opened.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi