Haunted Picture

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuY29hc3R0b2NvYXN0YW0uY29tL2NpbWFnZXMvdmFyL2V6d2ViaW5fc2l0ZS9zdG9yYWdlL2ltYWdlcy9jb2FzdC10by1jb2FzdC9yZXBvc2l0b3J5L3RodW1ibmFpbHMvaGF1bnRlZC1wYWludGluZy8xMDE3NzkwLTEtZW5nLVVTL0hhdW50ZWQtUGFpbnRpbmcuanBn

If you've ever wanted to welcome a shadow person into your home, someone from New Zealand may have just the thing for you

The unnamed individual, who goes by the handle 'heylin,' has offered up a 'haunted painting' for sale on an online auction site after experiencing one too many weird events in their home.

According to the listing, the acrylic painting of a 'soul bowl' was purchased at an antique shop in the town of Pauanui.

After bringing the painting into their home, however, strange activity began to occur, including a pair of unnerving encounters with shadow people.

"It's just too creepy to have," says the ad, asking that someone with an interest in the paranormal take it off their hands.

In a separate section of the post which allows for questions from potential buyers, the painting's owner sheds a bit more light on the situation.

Heylin reveals that the painting has been relegated to the garage for now to keep it out of the home and marveled that "I don't believe in ghosts, but I couldn't explain the shadow thing."

Although they could not guarantee that the shadow person would be included with the painting, heylin theorized, based on research, that such would be the case.

They also explained that they don't want to destroy the painting, since it may cause even more problems in the house, and insisted that the sale is not some kind of scam.

"This certainly isn't a lie just to get money or top dollar," they responded to someone who expressed skepticism, "trust me the $100 less what I paid isn't worth my time to answer all the questions."

While we'd like to take their word for that, it bears noting that the painting has already doubled in price as word of its potentially haunted nature has gotten around online.

Should it continue to climb as the auction unfolds, the eerie painting may wind up being more of a blessing than a curse for its owner.

Whether or not the same can be said for whoever is lucky enough to be top bidder remains to be seen.

Source: New Zealand Herald

I say that the seller is looking for publicity to sell the painting at a premium price. On the other hand I WILL NOT BE BIDDING ON THE PIECE OF ART. :)

I say that the seller is looking for publicity to sell the painting at a premium price. On the other hand I WILL NOT BE BIDDING ON THE PIECE OF ART. :)
Nor I. People are crazy. Who would look at that pic and buy it in the first place. It’s not attractive !