Haunted Mental Hospital to re-open to public

Yikes, $50 a person? Sounds like they raising money to tear it down and rebuild new. Or they offering a nice lunch after the tour.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Yikes, $50 a person? Sounds like they raising money to tear it down and rebuild new. Or they offering a nice lunch after the tour.
That's cheaper than most. Mansfield is $99 for a public, all night ghost hunt, but includes pizza, snacks, and soft drinks. Waverly Hills in a little cheaper, but no food or drinks. There is a former sanitarium in Indiana that is charging $169/person.

Reactions: Selectric and Debi
That's cheaper than most. Mansfield is $99 for a public, all night ghost hunt, but includes pizza, snacks, and soft drinks. Waverly Hills in a little cheaper, but no food or drinks. There is a former sanitarium in Indiana that is charging $169/person.
Guess thinking 'tour' being like an hour or two. I remember Eastern State not being expensive, though would not take you in bad sections.

Guess thinking 'tour' being like an hour or two. I remember Eastern State not being expensive, though would not take you in bad sections.

This is run a bit more like an "event" and takes several hours.

Reactions: Selectric
I have mixed feelings about this. If the place is haunted by the tormented souls of the past, it seems an unethical thing. Are these people adding to their suffering for entertainment? I hate to be a kill joy but it does cross my mind.

A new industry: paranormal theme parks.

• Big Grin
Reactions: Selectric
A new industry: paranormal theme parks.
There were rumors the people who own Waverly Hills Sanitarium were going to do something like that. I know they were talking about a hotel on the premises, along with a conversation center. I think they got sticker shock when they realized what it was going to cost.