Haunted hospital?

Howdystranger

Reaction score
Sorry in advance for the story being this long. A few years ago I was in a mental hospital for youths. I was 16 and had been admitted for being a runaway during my stays in different foster homes. We had days where we were allowed monitored phone calls with loved ones and one night me, another girl my age, and a staff member went down to the room where the phones were located, which was off the hall. We arrived and rang up our relatives, and amidst my conversation I vaguely noticed a strange look on the staff members face. It was odd, but I only had 10 minutes to talk to my mother, so I ignored it. However, a few moments later I heard something. You know the noise of a bead hitting the floor and scuttling off? It's pretty distinct and not to be easily confused with other sounds. Well, that was the sound I heard, off in the corner behind me a couple feet away, where the staff member kept glancing over my right shoulder. It was at that time I mentioned it, saying something along the lines of "what's that sound?" The staff member looked relieved and actually said, "Thank God, I thought I was the only one who heard it..". The other girl was preoccupied with her phone call but sent us weird stares. I asked her if she heard it too, so she listened. It happened again and her eyes got big. The room was completely empty besides the table and three chairs we all sat in. It was a big room and the lighting was rather dim, there was just a lamp and the darkness outside the windows. I looked off into the corner the noises were coming from and saw nothing but a counter, clear of anything. The noise happened again after that. I searched the floor for the beads, thinking they HAD to be falling from somewhere and rolling around the ground. There HAD to be a logical explanation. But there wasn't. It happened again, and this time I heard it louder. Then again, louder still. Then again, and again, and again. And I realized the sound wasn't coming from the corner anymore, but directly behind me. My mom was confused on the other end, I was looking under my chair for the beads, but found nothing. The fall of the beads had shorter and shorter pauses between them until they were all I heard in the quiet room. We all looked at each other, but I had the feeling I was the most frightened. Maybe because it was happening right behind me. Maybe because I was the only one who seemed to notice it approaching at all. The frequent noise sent me into a panic. I told the staff member I wanted to go, she and the girl both agreed. I left the phone call with minutes to spare and gave my mother a quick apology as I hung up. I left the room still hearing the maddening sounds fill the empty space. I was released a few months later.

Sorry in advance for the story being this long. A few years ago I was in a mental hospital for youths. I was 16 and had been admitted for being a runaway during my stays in different foster homes. We had days where we were allowed monitored phone calls with loved ones and one night me, another girl my age, and a staff member went down to the room where the phones were located, which was off the hall. We arrived and rang up our relatives, and amidst my conversation I vaguely noticed a strange look on the staff members face. It was odd, but I only had 10 minutes to talk to my mother, so I ignored it. However, a few moments later I heard something. You know the noise of a bead hitting the floor and scuttling off? It's pretty distinct and not to be easily confused with other sounds. Well, that was the sound I heard, off in the corner behind me a couple feet away, where the staff member kept glancing over my right shoulder. It was at that time I mentioned it, saying something along the lines of "what's that sound?" The staff member looked relieved and actually said, "Thank God, I thought I was the only one who heard it..". The other girl was preoccupied with her phone call but sent us weird stares. I asked her if she heard it too, so she listened. It happened again and her eyes got big. The room was completely empty besides the table and three chairs we all sat in. It was a big room and the lighting was rather dim, there was just a lamp and the darkness outside the windows. I looked off into the corner the noises were coming from and saw nothing but a counter, clear of anything. The noise happened again after that. I searched the floor for the beads, thinking they HAD to be falling from somewhere and rolling around the ground. There HAD to be a logical explanation. But there wasn't. It happened again, and this time I heard it louder. Then again, louder still. Then again, and again, and again. And I realized the sound wasn't coming from the corner anymore, but directly behind me. My mom was confused on the other end, I was looking under my chair for the beads, but found nothing. The fall of the beads had shorter and shorter pauses between them until they were all I heard in the quiet room. We all looked at each other, but I had the feeling I was the most frightened. Maybe because it was happening right behind me. Maybe because I was the only one who seemed to notice it approaching at all. The frequent noise sent me into a panic. I told the staff member I wanted to go, she and the girl both agreed. I left the phone call with minutes to spare and gave my mother a quick apology as I hung up. I left the room still hearing the maddening sounds fill the empty space. I was released a few months later.
Hi and welcome. What do you think the "beads" were, hon?

Hi and welcome. What do you think the "beads" were, hon?
No idea. I honestly have no logical explanation for it, and can only assume the noises were coming from some sort of entity. And thanks for the warm welcome :)

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Hi and welcome. Nice job writing your account by the way. I have no insight to this but appreciate you sharing it. Hospitals hold a lot of residual energy, I hope life has gotten better for you.

Reactions: ParanormalMom
Welcome! And yeah hospitals hold alot of energy, and it stinks! Glad your out of there life been better for. Thanks for sharing