Haunted Destinations Thread

Kentucky:
1.Waverly Hills-Louisville
2.Bobby Mackeys-Wilder Ky
3.Octagon Hall-can't remember what town this is in
4.White Hall-Richmond Ky
5.Jailhouse Pizza-Brandenburg Ky
6.Perryville Battlefield-Perryville Ky
7.Dills Cemetery(McCoy side of the famous Hatfield/McCoy died burried here)-Pikeville Ky
8.Pikeville Cemetery(Octavia Hatcher burried here)-Pikeville Ky

Georgia:
Springer Opera House-Columbus Ga
Crybaby Bridge- Columbus Ga
Pirates House- Savannah Ga
Lookout House- Columbus Ga

Reactions: 7Critter
Kentucky:
4.White Hall-Richmond Ky
7.Dills Cemetery(McCoy side of the famous Hatfield/McCoy died burried here)-Pikeville Ky

Georgia:
A good list ! I’ll bring my cross and holy water lol.

Reactions: 7Critter
Iowa haunted locations

Villisca Axe Murder House... I've been here several times and although I'm not willing to say it's the most haunted place in Iowa I will say that the history is very haunting and is still unsolved to date. But the house is somewhat unsettling and if you just happen to be in it around 2 - 2:30 am when the train goes through. You'll notice the houses overall feel makes a drastic shift in it's atmosphere. It goes from being a house with a horrible history but basically still just a house to a place where the air becomes thicker & denser and the walls seem to start closing in on you especially if your standing at or near the top of the staircase. As for all the stories I was working on different theories about them while Darwin was still alive and I had unlimited access if it wasn't reserved however since his passing his wife has stopped letting us investigate those ideas further.

Farrar School, although I've never been there I've got several friends who are also paranormal investigators who have been and the overall belief is that most of the reports are BS stories that local teens created growing up there. The family that owns the building lives in the basement so to accurately do a thorough investigation is basically out of the question due to not being able to have it completely closed off and void of any outside influences that could contaminate evidence?

Malvern Manor is another place I haven't been to but have friends who have. Their reports vary in that some have claimed to have had some strange experiences to others saying that although they didn't directly have anything happen to them things there still just weren't right or felt way off kilter. This is on the list of one of our "to do" investigations.

Edinburg Manor was on our list last year we had our reservations made and were packing up equipment. However 3 weeks before our date another team we work with went for the night, and kept us updated on their experiences, which were basically non existent with the exceptions of a couple of the gals getting spooked when another person failed to realize he was stepping into the light just right and casting a shadow down the stairs. And another person forget to check for sensors and set off the alarm. The week before we went another one of our co-worker teams made the same trip, and did live posting of the night as it unfolded, the only occurrence as of 1 of the females ( a new member on their team) getting scratched down her neck / face while taunting the spirits (no no) this was somewhat on somewhat off the exact view of the live feed. Otherwise the night was a bust and after they returned home and started reviewing their findings another person who had been recording with her phone actually saw the girl scratch herself. So automatic debunk and termination of said girls membership with their team for obvious reasons. So we took our $ and used it on better things... Real investigations.

A few of our not so well known haunted locations (or some you need ALOT of permission to enter)

Riverside Cemetery, there are lots of reports of activity here and people have actually been attacked for being disrespectful when visiting even during the day. The area around the mausoleum seems to be the most active spot during the daytime however the whole cemetery has it's spooks & at night can even tip the scales for skeptics. I've had several encounters here with things unseen & have other times when the most activity I had was going thru 200 brand new batteries in under an hour with nothing else to show for the whole night. This is a big cemetery so you'll definitely need 6+ ppl to investigate and trade off locations with.

Carroll Cemetery, this is a huge cemetery and very old which means a big group or breaking the investigation down into 2 or more visits. This cemetery even has local law enforcement shaking their heads and refusing to return or patrol the area. One officer (I'll keep his name out) was driving thru doing patrol duty around 4 am when he was surprised to see a young girl about 6/7 standing right in front of him this was in Dec. She was wearing a thin dress and he slammed his breaks praying he stopped or she moved. He got out of his car to check on her bc he didn't see her and slowly looked down under his car hoping she wasn't there. But she wasn't, he knew what he saw and yet he didn't find the girl, and he didn't find any proof that she had been in front of his car but the skid marks in the snow were there but no footprints etc.

He was a little rattled but got back in his car and continued his patrol figuring maybe he'd just seen a stone or something that looked like a girl. As he was getting ready to finish his rounds he saw the girl again right in front of him, again he stopped again he checked and again nothing, he was in a different area so he knew he saw what he saw that time. He got back in his care called dispatch and told them that they needed to find a different officer to patrol the cemetery he wasn't returning. Dispatch laughed and asked if he'd seen the girl too? He responded first not so nicely "what do you mean too? and then "hell yes I saw her twice" He wasn't the first to ever make the report or the first to refuse to go back.

We've only been here once, but as of this time nobody on my team other than me is willing to go back. (Iowa road trip/ investigation anyone?)
One gal was physically attacked and basically shoved out of the cemetery, & covered in bruises the next morning. Another was using a ghost box and said she was getting some very nasty & negative replies, one of which I personally heard and actually caught on my voice recorder. She made the comment that if anything else negative was said to her she was leaving to which she was answered "get the f*ck out B**ch". Needless to say that ended our night as she started running for the car throwing my camera, recorder & emf detector at me telling me not so nicely where I could shove them and any other plans to do a return investigations to this place,

Monkey Run - I'm listing this as a WARNING. If your ever in Iowa & someone ask you to venture to this area DON'T, it's an old river bed in the woods, and if you happen to go and the rains decide to hit your really in trouble because it's prone to flash flooding. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Is it haunted? I'm sure it is but that's the least of your worries. Local law enforcement won't go there and as they will tell you "if your dumb enough to go your on your own" there's also no first responders / ems that will go there either. So if you ever get the offer practice the "Just say NO rule" and know you got to talk about it.

There are lots of other ot so well known places but I'll list them at another time if your interested.

O
Iowa haunted locations

Villisca Axe Murder House... I've been here several times and although I'm not willing to say it's the most haunted place in Iowa I will say that the history is very haunting and is still unsolved to date. But the house is somewhat unsettling and if you just happen to be in it around 2 - 2:30 am when the train goes through. You'll notice the houses overall feel makes a drastic shift in it's atmosphere. It goes from being a house with a horrible history but basically still just a house to a place where the air becomes thicker & denser and the walls seem to start closing in on you especially if your standing at or near the top of the staircase. As for all the stories I was working on different theories about them while Darwin was still alive and I had unlimited access if it wasn't reserved however since his passing his wife has stopped letting us investigate those ideas further.

Farrar School, although I've never been there I've got several friends who are also paranormal investigators who have been and the overall belief is that most of the reports are BS stories that local teens created growing up there. The family that owns the building lives in the basement so to accurately do a thorough investigation is basically out of the question due to not being able to have it completely closed off and void of any outside influences that could contaminate evidence?

Malvern Manor is another place I haven't been to but have friends who have. Their reports vary in that some have claimed to have had some strange experiences to others saying that although they didn't directly have anything happen to them things there still just weren't right or felt way off kilter. This is on the list of one of our "to do" investigations.

Edinburg Manor was on our list last year we had our reservations made and were packing up equipment. However 3 weeks before our date another team we work with went for the night, and kept us updated on their experiences, which were basically non existent with the exceptions of a couple of the gals getting spooked when another person failed to realize he was stepping into the light just right and casting a shadow down the stairs. And another person forget to check for sensors and set off the alarm. The week before we went another one of our co-worker teams made the same trip, and did live posting of the night as it unfolded, the only occurrence as of 1 of the females ( a new member on their team) getting scratched down her neck / face while taunting the spirits (no no) this was somewhat on somewhat off the exact view of the live feed. Otherwise the night was a bust and after they returned home and started reviewing their findings another person who had been recording with her phone actually saw the girl scratch herself. So automatic debunk and termination of said girls membership with their team for obvious reasons. So we took our $ and used it on better things... Real investigations.

A few of our not so well known haunted locations (or some you need ALOT of permission to enter)

Riverside Cemetery, there are lots of reports of activity here and people have actually been attacked for being disrespectful when visiting even during the day. The area around the mausoleum seems to be the most active spot during the daytime however the whole cemetery has it's spooks & at night can even tip the scales for skeptics. I've had several encounters here with things unseen & have other times when the most activity I had was going thru 200 brand new batteries in under an hour with nothing else to show for the whole night. This is a big cemetery so you'll definitely need 6+ ppl to investigate and trade off locations with.

Carroll Cemetery, this is a huge cemetery and very old which means a big group or breaking the investigation down into 2 or more visits. This cemetery even has local law enforcement shaking their heads and refusing to return or patrol the area. One officer (I'll keep his name out) was driving thru doing patrol duty around 4 am when he was surprised to see a young girl about 6/7 standing right in front of him this was in Dec. She was wearing a thin dress and he slammed his breaks praying he stopped or she moved. He got out of his car to check on her bc he didn't see her and slowly looked down under his car hoping she wasn't there. But she wasn't, he knew what he saw and yet he didn't find the girl, and he didn't find any proof that she had been in front of his car but the skid marks in the snow were there but no footprints etc.

He was a little rattled but got back in his car and continued his patrol figuring maybe he'd just seen a stone or something that looked like a girl. As he was getting ready to finish his rounds he saw the girl again right in front of him, again he stopped again he checked and again nothing, he was in a different area so he knew he saw what he saw that time. He got back in his care called dispatch and told them that they needed to find a different officer to patrol the cemetery he wasn't returning. Dispatch laughed and asked if he'd seen the girl too? He responded first not so nicely "what do you mean too? and then "hell yes I saw her twice" He wasn't the first to ever make the report or the first to refuse to go back.

We've only been here once, but as of this time nobody on my team other than me is willing to go back. (Iowa road trip/ investigation anyone?)
One gal was physically attacked and basically shoved out of the cemetery, & covered in bruises the next morning. Another was using a ghost box and said she was getting some very nasty & negative replies, one of which I personally heard and actually caught on my voice recorder. She made the comment that if anything else negative was said to her she was leaving to which she was answered "get the f*ck out B**ch". Needless to say that ended our night as she started running for the car throwing my camera, recorder & emf detector at me telling me not so nicely where I could shove them and any other plans to do a return investigations to this place,

Monkey Run - I'm listing this as a WARNING. If your ever in Iowa & someone ask you to venture to this area DON'T, it's an old river bed in the woods, and if you happen to go and the rains decide to hit your really in trouble because it's prone to flash flooding. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Is it haunted? I'm sure it is but that's the least of your worries. Local law enforcement won't go there and as they will tell you "if your dumb enough to go your on your own" there's also no first responders / ems that will go there either. So if you ever get the offer practice the "Just say NO rule" and know you got to talk about it.

There are lots of other ot so well known places but I'll list them at another time if your interested.
n the monkey run area why won’t first responders go there? Due to the haunting or because it’s a flood plane ?

Kentucky:
4.White Hall-Richmond Ky

Georgia:

Of all the alleged haunted places I've been, Waverly Hills was the biggest disappointment. Yes, it's a big creepy place, but their six hour "public paranormal investigation" was over sold. No matter where we went, there were other "investigators" wandering around making noise and shining flashlights. Even worse, probably a quarter of the others were seemingly there on a lark, some of them clearly having been drinking or getting high. There was one group of five or six, all who looked to have had more fingers than teeth, who were particularly loud and obnoxious. One of them, a 300lb woman in shorts and a halter top, was the most frightening thing I saw all night.

When we complained to one of the volunteer guides scattered around the facility, we were told the other "investigators" had paid for a public ticket just as we had, different people conducted investigations different ways. As long as they were not presenting a danger to themselves or others, they were free to investigate however they wished. Also distracting were the props/decorations left over from the "haunted attraction" the facility ran in the fall for Halloween.....clowns, ghouls, zombies, etc.

Iowa haunted locations

Great report, Tia.

O

n the monkey run area why won’t first responders go there? Due to the haunting or because it’s a flood plane ?

Actually neither of those. Monkey run is the gathering spot for the Dark Followers (Satanic groups) and it is THEIR area period!!! I know that they do make sacrifices there and I won't say (I don't know & don't like to make false statements against anyone) but there have been claims that Human one's have been made there also. I do know that there have been bodies found near the area. So needless to say the area is avoided. And although they are few & far between there are some families that live near the area, so obviously they all live on high alert so if someone were to get lost / stranded in the area and be wandering around the local residents would be just as likely to shoot them to protect themselves not knowing it was someone in need of help because most people know to stay away.

But people are *invited* to venture there not knowing what happens but thankfully unless someone directly takes you there most people don't ever make it because unless you know where your going your not just going to stumble across it unless it's by accident. But if you do there's still a chance to avoid it because it is posted "Area not maintained, Enter at your own risk" And if your driving a car you'll never get through you'll be stranded within the first 1/4 mile of entering. (Very bad situation)

Actually neither of those. Monkey run is the gathering spot for the Dark Followers (Satanic groups) and it is THEIR area period!!! I know that they do make sacrifices there and I won't say (I don't know & don't like to make false statements against anyone) but there have been claims that Human one's have been made there also. I do know that there have been bodies found near the area. So needless to say the area is avoided. And although they are few & far between there are some families that live near the area, so obviously they all live on high alert so if someone were to get lost / stranded in the area and be wandering around the local residents would be just as likely to shoot them to protect themselves not knowing it was someone in need of help because most people know to stay away.

But people are *invited* to venture there not knowing what happens but thankfully unless someone directly takes you there most people don't ever make it because unless you know where your going your not just going to stumble across it unless it's by accident. But if you do there's still a chance to avoid it because it is posted "Area not maintained, Enter at your own risk" And if your driving a car you'll never get through you'll be stranded within the first 1/4 mile of entering. (Very bad situation)
Is this area by you? Sounds awful.

Of all the alleged haunted places I've been, Waverly Hills was the biggest disappointment. Yes, it's a big creepy place, but their six hour "public paranormal investigation" was over sold. No matter where we went, there were other "investigators" wandering around making noise and shining flashlights. Even worse, probably a quarter of the others were seemingly there on a lark, some of them clearly having been drinking or getting high. There was one group of five or six, all who looked to have had more fingers than teeth, who were particularly loud and obnoxious. One of them, a 300lb woman in shorts and a halter top, was the most frightening thing I saw all night.

When we complained to one of the volunteer guides scattered around the facility, we were told the other "investigators" had paid for a public ticket just as we had, different people conducted investigations different ways. As long as they were not presenting a danger to themselves or others, they were free to investigate however they wished. Also distracting were the props/decorations left over from the "haunted attraction" the facility ran in the fall for Halloween.....clowns, ghouls, zombies, etc.
I can so picture your discription ! :eek:

Is this area by you? Sounds awful.

Not now, I moved up north almost 25 years ago but yes I lived not quite 12/13 miles from Monkey Run & learned the hard way

Reactions: Lynne