Hatman Caught On Video

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

By Tim Binnall

A curious piece of footage filmed at a notoriously haunted location in St. Louis appears to offer a glimpse of the infamous shadow entity known as the 'Hat Man,' but not everyone is convinced that the video features a genuine supernatural being. The scene in question was purportedly filmed back in 2011 at Lemp Mansion and was posted on Reddit late last week by a user claiming that it had been recorded by their friend during a ghost hunt.

In the video, the camera pans around the room and passes a window with daylight streaming through it. As the footage sweeps around again, an eerie-looking shadow of what appears to be an individual wearing an old-fashioned hat can briefly be seen. When the spot comes into view again, the spooky figure has seemingly vanished. As one can imagine, the unique attire of the apparent entity has led many observers to conclude that it is the notorious 'Hat Man' shadow being.

However, more skeptical observers taking a closer look at the video contend that it is most likely a clever hoax. To that end, one viewer argued that "it is a suit hanging up on a clothes horse or something, and it is flat, so it appears to be not there when stood at a different angle." With that in mind, what's your take on the odd video? Does it really show the 'Hat Man' or is merely an ingenious ruse?

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
The couple of times I've seen Hatman it wasn't a fleeting glimpse and he didn't try to hide.As I've commented before he looked ominous but not at all threatening.

It is highly suspicious to me that when they swept by it they didn't immediately swing it back to the figure. They paused on other things like things on the walls but that figure was pretty much ignored when it passed before the lens. I suspect this was because they knew what it was and were not interested in it. or it was something that they created and had to give it time to be removed before they swept the camera back. I throw the hat man and the slender man in the same box as myth more than actual sightings or shadow people.

Meaningless memory lane...

People will always see things in the shadows that are familiar. There was a time when all well-dressed men wore hats in most situations. It was sort of like the wearing of ties. There is no real reason, it was just the style. I remember when women wore hats when they were dressed up too. Now, the hat makes that shape even more odd to modern people. How often do you see men with that sort of hat on now.

If you don't live in places like rural Texas it is probably never. LOL, I actually own and wear several similar hats when I go out. Cowboy boots, belts with a big bullrider buckle and hats are still in style in Rural East Texas. I went to a wedding a couple of years ago that was a country formal. That is black jeans, boots, bull rider belt buckle, western shirt, string tie and a long Black Tuxedo coat. She was in a long white dress but it was gone as soon as the service was over and into a girl version of cowboy formal which is what the bridesmaids were wearing for the wedding. Her parents paid for the wedding and she was the third of her line to wear that dress. As soon as we were out of the church the hats went back on. You don't wear hats indoors it is RUDE.

I throw the hat man and the slender man in the same box as myth more than actual sightings or shadow people.
I don't think Hatman is a shadow figure,it is much more than that.It is real, I've seen him up close and have a witness that saw it to on one occasion.You can throw it where you like you have never witnessed it obviously.And mate, how about answering people that comment on your posts,it's called manners.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman

By Tim Binnall

A curious piece of footage filmed at a notoriously haunted location in St. Louis appears to offer a glimpse of the infamous shadow entity known as the 'Hat Man,' but not everyone is convinced that the video features a genuine supernatural being. The scene in question was purportedly filmed back in 2011 at Lemp Mansion and was posted on Reddit late last week by a user claiming that it had been recorded by their friend during a ghost hunt.

In the video, the camera pans around the room and passes a window with daylight streaming through it. As the footage sweeps around again, an eerie-looking shadow of what appears to be an individual wearing an old-fashioned hat can briefly be seen. When the spot comes into view again, the spooky figure has seemingly vanished. As one can imagine, the unique attire of the apparent entity has led many observers to conclude that it is the notorious 'Hat Man' shadow being.

However, more skeptical observers taking a closer look at the video contend that it is most likely a clever hoax. To that end, one viewer argued that "it is a suit hanging up on a clothes horse or something, and it is flat, so it appears to be not there when stood at a different angle." With that in mind, what's your take on the odd video? Does it really show the 'Hat Man' or is merely an ingenious ruse?

closer to a hat stand than a hat man imo

Reactions: ozentity
I am not doubting you, I just think that there are things out there that present themselves to you in ways that they think will best influence you. That which you see as the man with the hat someone in another nation from a different mythology might see it differently. In Japan they have a slit mouthed woman and a ghost figure of a young woman in long black and white dress. I have seen the shadow figures but what I saw was something that I put shape to from my own mind. I believe that what you are seeing is not of this world and so it can not be actually seen with the eyes so much as with the mind.

I would never infer that you or anyone didn't see something but just because I think that the slender man and the hat man are not the true things that were there doesn't infer that you can't or didn't see it. Belief is an incredible thing. It may actually be the only thing. Two little girls believed in the slender man enough to try and kill their friend to impress him.

The headless horseman has been seen by many people in the past but there is little doubt that it was introduced into our psyche by a fictional story. To some extent, the idea that UFOs are saucer-shaped came from the first big sighting. There were several CRESCENT shaped craft. hey were reported in the NEWSPAPER as flying saucers because the man that saw them commented on the fact that they flew in a sort of up and down pattern like a saucer skipping on water. For decades that is what people reported seeing and only in the last few years has that shape been replaced by other shaped craft. So much of what you see is an interpretation of reality rather than just what you see.

Please don't be offended because I see a different world than you do. I honestly meant no disrespect.

I believe that what you are seeing is not of this world and so it can not be actually seen with the eyes so much as with the mind.
I see what you are saying with this and I believe you have to have the mindset to see a lot of the paranormal world.The second time I saw this character my girlfriend also saw him and asked who had walked down the hall before I said anything.He walked past me,only a couple of feet away,turned and looked into my eyes.I could see the features of an old time gangster with dark complection and dressed in trenchcoat and fedora.I have often doubted my sightings but not with a witness.I've seen other shadow figures,they were more shy and hiding behind things.I also had no idea about any of this as we had no internet and hadn't read or heard of anything like this before joining here.I don't get offended by anyone not believing me about these things as my brother and myself grew up seeing and experiencing a lot of stuff in the home with parents not affected at all or acknowledging it.No offence taken mate and thank you for replying.I don't know if this was the Hatman seen around the world but it seemed to fit the box.

As you read and gather stories from all around the world you quickly notice how people are affected by the history of their place and culture. There seem to be some things that are almost universal and others that are only regional. The Hag is universal as is the hunchbacked old man. I guess this may come from the fact that a lot of old people, beaten down by life and lost love become bitter and unpleasant. Nearly everyone has some version of the young lady that is forever searching or waiting for a lost lover. I think that the hatman is indeed a reflection of the thug or gangster that was common in fiction when TV was new and exciting.

Maybe what that visiter that we call shadow people is not able to actually take a true and solid form but it can emanate a feeling or somehow communicate its intent and your mind then dresses it with an appropriate form. What you see and can't see has to do with the way that your brain takes random reflected light rays and makes them into a picture. What you see is heavily influenced by what your brain is taught to expect.

I learned when I was a young hunter that you didn't want to LOOK for your prey. You instead needed to just try and SEE what was there. If you put your mind to looking for say a deer you would LOOK for that one shape and a deer standing side on with his head up is not all that common. You can LOOK right at a deer that is head on to you and looking at you through a bush and never see him if you are LOOKING for a deer.

Conversely, a friend that actually studied an esoteric martial art in Japan told a story of his instructor being able to become invisible in an open plowed field. He told my friend to turn and count to ten and then turn back. The man was GONE. He looked and looked but he just wasn't there. As he turned and looked there was just nothing to see. Finally, as he turned back the instructor was standing there beside him. It was like magic. Can you figure out how this was done? It was actually simple. He was LOOKING for the instructor, an older man in a long robe thing. When he turned the instructor pulled off his robe and then sat down on it in the middle between the plowed rows. He lowered his head and put his leg over his neck and stuck his arms out and down putting his hands in the dirt. My friend said that he was as brown as a man could be that wasn't black. Since he was looking for one thing and the instructor assumed a smaller size and a shape that was not only not human-looking but impossible for more men to assume his eyes would pass right over the bump in the field without note. He was "invisible." if you were looking for a man in a robe.

I have seen one shadow person. It was a clear across the room shape of a man that seemed to come out of a corner wall and walked across the room in front of a double window so he was backlit. He walked through a door into a walk-in closet. I was a little shook up but I went to look in the closet... It was empty and there was no other way out. This was in a garage apartment that was abandoned. I was alone. At first, I thought that I might have just interrupted another person that had come there to shelter or look around. I waited for him to come back out of the closet for a while before I went and looked. There was NO WAY he could have slipped out and past me in that little room.

He didn't have on a hat but I bet if someone had looked up into the window from the outside right after when I went to look in that closet that they would have been sure that I was a monster or something. My hair which was long was standing STRAIGHT UP AND OUT!! LOL...

I am suspicious that it was recorded in 2011 and has only now just shown up.
I wonder if another version exists online - without the figure.

If I had just recorded this I would be posting it on every paranormal forum I could find, and not hiding it for 9 years.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi