Has your chewing gum lost it's flavor....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
CHEWING GUM, BUBBLE GUM....DO YOU CHEW? BUBBLE BLOWER? EVER HAVE IT STUCK IN YOUR HAIR AS A KID? WHAT FLAVOR IS YOUR FAVORITE? REMEMBER THE COMICS IN THE BUBBLE GUM? DID YOUR MOTHER TELL YOU IF YOU SWALLOWED IT, IT WOULD TAKE 7 YEARS TO GO THROUGH YOUR BODY? GET IT TROUBLE FOR STICKING IT UNDER A DESK?

GUM STORIES! LET'S HEAR IT.

20140321__p_95291564-0d22-439d-a976-a56e32c687f5lsoriginalph.jpg

Reactions: garnetsilver
Until about twenty years ago, I was an avid gum chewer; Wrigley's spearmint was my favorite. As a child, I liked Juicy Fruit gum, and as a teen I chewed bubble gum; all kinds were good. Now my bridgework does not permit me to chew gum, alas.

When I was about 6, I had this very long hair....and 3 sticks of bubblegum in my mouth. I think I set a record on bubble cuz once it popped, they had to cut my hair to get it all out. Seriously never liked gum since then!

When I was about 6, I had this very long hair....and 3 sticks of bubblegum in my mouth. I think I set a record on bubble cuz once it popped, they had to cut my hair to get it all out. Seriously never liked gum since then!
Oh, that would have done it for me! I don't have any gum stories, just the occasional episode of stepping in it and getting annoyed, lol.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
When I was a kid, probably like any other, I was really into gum. My paternal Grandfather always kept BOXES of Wrigley’s spearmint in his top dresser drawer; so I think that’s why I liked that brand best.

I also liked the other vintage brands like (I think it was called) Blackjack and one that tasted like cloves.

I certainly recall the bubblegum wrapped in comics. That was so cool. It took me a long time to learn how to blow bubbles; most times I’d end up violently expelling my gum right out between my lips.

I can’t even guess when I stopped chewing gum on a frequent basis. But now I only use gum infrequently to freshen by breath when in public. In fact, I use it so rarely that I doubt there is any in my house; I usually only keep a couple of the shell-coated cubes tucked away in my car.

Same as above , just chewed as a kid. I think it was all about blowing bubbles. Now I only will chew if I need to bum a stick in occasional need after a meal out where you can’t brush.

Reactions: garnetsilver
When I was a kid I used to chew Hubba Bubba purple grape flavour. Purely to blow bubbles. I didn’t get it stuck in my hair thank god but my mum always told me that if I swallowed it, it would become hard like a brick in my stomach haha
Now it’s usually just “extra watermelon flavour”.

I remember trying to learn how to blow bubbles with bubble gum when I was about eleven. I was sitting next to this little girl on the school bus, and she was instructing me how to do it. She turned her head to look out the window, and I made a mighty effort, resulting in the wad of gum landing on her brand new lunch box. I hastily scooped it back into my mouth before she turned back.:blush:

There's usually some Dubble Bubble around :)
Remember that episode one night when we were all listening to a show, and I was blowing bubbles?

I guess the setup is the punchline - I hadn't shaved in days and I wear glasses....:D

There's usually some Dubble Bubble around :)
Remember that episode one night when we were all listening to a show, and I was blowing bubbles?

I guess the setup is the punchline - I hadn't shaved in days and I wear glasses....:D
That's what I love about you, Paint! You've never lost your inner child and let him play!